What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

^ in such case, Russia will be providing engines for J-10b just like they did for Jf-17 :smitten:
As the total no on order yet not disclosed and if in case Chinese engine won't be ready. then ordering greater no of Fc-20 = equal or more quantity of Russian engines = MORE MONEY = Russia will be agreed :agree:

If that had been the case why is J10 not in our inventory now? The fact that inspite of liking J10s and even offering the chinese to by the As as well as Bs we have not gone ahead , means there are problems with the sale. The only thing that I can think of is the engine.
Araz

If that had been the case why is J10 not in our inventory now? The fact that inspite of liking J10s and even offering the chinese to by the As as well as Bs we have not gone ahead , means there are problems with the sale. The only thing that I can think of is the engine.
Araz
let me repost eaglehannan's post here to weed out doubts about J-10 deal or delay or why not A version and why B version
Munir has rightly said "It more like you show confidence and commit to the cause." All companies work like it. Chinese business mentality is as such, they want to know before selling if they'll get money or not. It simple plain business. They knew once the funds are allocated to F-16s there is a little chance Pakistan will jump in on J-10B. PAF at that time was not confident on J-10 as a top tier AC. But once Chinese allowed us in on design and avionics, PAF did cut orders for F-16s. I remember when early J-10 cockpit pictures were released, we all concluded that it’s no better than JF-17 and then near exact layout was brought in on J-10s later since Pakistan committed to J-10B.
Sir, for J-10s Pakistan is given very generous deal, inshallah I'll write about it when I am permitted to. I must commend Chinese for their business ideas. They knew Pakistan back in 2005/6 is not interested in J-10s and that simply means no market for J-10 outside China as the world sees Pakistan as the launch customer of anything good coming from China. Examples are J6/F-6, J7/F-7, J7MGs/F-7PG and inshallah FC-1/JF-17s. There was no sales of JH-7 and J-8MII, even when they were offered to many and are serving PLAAF in numbers.
I think, it was PakDef where back in 2006, I wrote that there is serious evaluation of J-10 going on. PAF saw the potential and wanted R&D with Chinese on another version of partially same air frame but improved avionics. PAF brought in their info on an F-16 version avionics that was to be unveiled in Middle East. In fact the RFP sent to LM was forwarded to Chinese with minor changes (That’s not my assumption or speculation).
As per Allah's will and thankfully it was in a good way that we finally decided to peal away from US dependence. I can imagine if we would have put our eggs in US basket, what would have been the situation today. "Never again" was rightly exercised.
Right now, the planned acquisition of J-10B's first batch is in mid of 2013 Inshallah. Engine is a hurdle (this is my speculation). We might not want to go for AL31FN and as per my info WS-10 is not failed but having teething problems, bad ones. Other than that, I confirm the engine is built with high grade materials and new labs are being built to check the manufacturing process for it. This shows commitment and promise. Some PAF personal visiting these labs told me, they are impressed. Nanjing institute is prime contractor for Radar (both Air born and AD. AD team is here already and inshallah we'll see some joint project in AD as well)for PAF.

SKY FIGHTER (J10 movie)

8b68a5084733cc812eddd4d8.jpg

691f0efd496c3860d7887d03.jpg

9a3399ec546906f8b31cb1b4.jpg

The director of the movie has been confirmed to make a J-20 movie later.

Last edited by a moderator:
The director of the movie has been confirmed to make a J-20 movie later.
Fcuk no, watching the trailer almost made me puke. Most Chinese directors doing military films need to be beaten, tortured then decapitated. All records of their filming need to be burned with a flamethrower.

Fcuk no, watching the trailer almost made me puke. Most Chinese directors doing military films need to be beaten, tortured then decapitated. All records of their filming need to be burned with a flamethrower.

The CGI of the AEW&C looks so shitty and i would be happy if they can keep the special effect as good as the raptors in the Iron Man movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

thats a bit of an over reaction I think.

let me repost eaglehannan's post here to weed out doubts about J-10 deal or delay or why not A version and why B version

Hasnain
I am aware of Eagle Hannan posts on pakdef.info and accept the value of these posts. bUT READ WHAT HE HAS SAID ABOUT THE ENGINE. Talk to MuradK saheb, and see what he has to say. I can only say that PAF had offered to buy both A and B versions, but engine issue remains a hurdle. If you know how many yrs it takes to sort out the reliability of the engine then you will see that we have not yet reached the stage where PAF will have faith in the WS10, or other chinese engine. Otherwise believe me we would have switched over to WS13 by now. There are ongoing trials and WS10 is still not considered reliable enough for PAF to gamble its future on it. J10B is a lovely plane and PAF would love to have its hands on it, but only once it is happy with all aspects of the plane and PAF will not take on a half baked cake. Also remember that J10B will enter in PLAAF service before it comes into PAF service, although you hear quite a few things about different varients. PAF just cant afford to take on a plane which has not entered PLAAF service, one example being the sale of JF17 to PLAAF, not for anything else but for purely financial reasons that the cost of developments become less as the number of planes become more. J10 will if required have all the frills including CFTs as the chinese will want to ensure that PAF never looks towards USA for a fighter plane again. Plus it would ensure that the loiter time for the plane increases even more. personally it makes sense to me. J10 is PLAAF premier plane and they would want to have all the frills to go with it.
Araz

@ ^^^

+ it will be better for us to work with one aircraft at a time. Pilot training, infrastructure etc.

Why cant Pakistan ask for F-22? India spent so much time with USSR and Russia and now we have so much trust that we do JVs with them but Pakistan spent 60years with US and you should demand the F-22 or JSF!

Godless bas*ard has been reincarnated.

Back
Top Bottom