What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

It proves that:China has two 5'th generation program.One Air superiority in Chengdu ,and another multi-purpose in Shenyang.All use Double big thrust engine,and will be developed almost the same time.

And judges Tend to Chengdu in the 5'th Heavy fighters bid,an important reason is the succesful of J10.

In MY opinion, Pakistan must avoid getting itself entangled with the Americans needlessly - and if that means avoiding arms-transactions, then so be it. Ideally the purchase of F-16s and Cobras should be considered as pure commercial transactions, but realistically speaking, I am sure they're closely tied to Washington's policy objectives and consequently Islamabad's subordination (i.e. following U.S orders). Until our relations with U.S. are strictly business/commercial, we should avoid them...

Very difficult to label any military transactions with US any commercial in nature, as long as Terror Camps running in Afganistan and NWFP of Pakistan, till then I don't see any point in getting commerical with military transaction. Basically, US can provide and pay the bill for the war on terror which it is getting it done with the help of Pakistan.

It proves that:China has two 5'th generation program.One Air superiority in Chengdu ,and another multi-purpose in Shenyang.All use Double big thrust engine,and will be developed almost the same time.

And judges Tend to Chengdu in the 5'th Heavy fighters bid,an important reason is the succesful of J10.

I beg to differ on this, as long as China maintain its secretive nature till then it is difficult to judge the role of in development fighter and can be termed as a Guesswork.

I beg to differ on this, as long as China maintain its secretive nature till then it is difficult to judge the role of in development fighter and can be termed as a Guesswork.

Time will prove it!
waiting for next year.
OY

will there be a clue to what FC-20 will be on the chines air show or we have to guess it only after analyzing the J-10b?

cant wait for that event!

regards!

Used to be said about a lot of other Chinese weapons programs, but in the end we saw the real products.

Their naval, AF & land forces, all have secretive nature so are the weapon platform R&D. We keep hearing about something and then we see it.

So its good you people are thinking it as guesswork, while they would keep developing it and then one day will show it to the world.

will there be a clue to what FC-20 will be on the chines air show or we have to guess it only after analyzing the J-10b?

cant wait for that event!

regards!

I'm afraid we have to wait till after the J-10b is officially released. Perhaps they'll have a J-10b with Pakistani themed paintwork that will fly as a part of the "surprise" at Zhuhai this November?

Is j-10b definitely gonna be equipped with AESA radar?

The J-10b, so far, is only speculated to carry a electronically scanned radar. There is a coversation that I translated earlier which stated that the AESA used on the J-10b will be enlarged and used on J-11b and the J-15. This will in turn serve as the foundation for the J-XX's radar.

The J-10b, so far, is only speculated to carry a electronically scanned radar. There is a coversation that I translated earlier which stated that the AESA used on the J-10b will be enlarged and used on J-11b and the J-15. This will in turn serve as the foundation for the J-XX's radar.

If AESA according to your converstion is used on J-10B, J-11B, J-15 then how does it becomes Speculative in nature?

I wish F16 would be the last American AC for PAF. No more American AC's please.

That's for sure. American won't sell their latest war machine fighter (F-35)to pk airforce and pk airforce can't afford to buy such high price/high tech airplane.:pdf:

Is j-10b definitely gonna be equipped with AESA radar?

the ones PAF is intrested in and calls as FC-20 were reported to surely carry AESA radar.
we may also se TVC onboard however it is a bit pre mature to calim anything at this point of time.
dont quote me on this!

regards!

That's for sure. American won't sell their latest war machine fighter (F-35)to pk airforce and pk airforce can't afford to buy such high price/high tech airplane.:pdf:

bro US dont only have F-3 5 and F-16 to offer!
with a buch of othet jets around the corner, we still hope that F-16z are the last top line fighter jets we are getting from US!

If AESA according to your converstion is used on J-10B, J-11B, J-15 then how does it becomes Speculative in nature?

Sir the J-10B, at this point, is only speculated to carry AESA radar. In the conversation that I translated, which is not from an official source and therefore only speculations at this point, the OP stated that the J-10B will be the first Chinese fighter to carry AESA radar and latter models of the AESA radar used on the J-10B will be used on J-11B and J-15. Only time will tell whether his claims are correct or not.

images

Back
Top Bottom