What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

^^J10B have improved ECM, IRST, various other targeting pods, AESA, lighter weight, more hardpoints, improved cockpit, A2A refueling, more stealthy and WS10A.

It is definately better than J-10.. why did you think other wise?

I must say i just love the shape of the fc-20 looks damn sexy ;)

Damn conworldus beat me to it. If you need specific translations on parts of the article I will assist.

Damn conworldus beat me to it. If you need specific translations on parts of the article I will assist.

Please..
What does chicken lay the eggs mean here.. or is it a Chicken laying an egg.
At the same time..what is being said here..
J-10B, a fourth generation fighter avionics test machine, the avionics system is quite good. Someone said: "In fact, even on the AESA 10B is not worth very excited - the other avionics and pace of change is much more than a plane can be filled with AESA. 10B avionics architecture and performance of a species degree is the reference Po F-22 columns of the standards, such as an independent flight control, fire control, etc. replaced by a new generation of integrated CIP (general information processor). SU-35 is closer to the Western standards, the natural can be clearly compared. But now the situation seems, SU-35 is three generations of Western standards of late-type level.

Please..
J-10B, a fourth generation fighter avionics test machine, the avionics system is quite good. Someone said: "In fact, even on the AESA 10B is not worth very excited - the other avionics and pace of change is much more than a plane can be filled with AESA. 10B avionics architecture and performance of a species degree is the reference Po F-22 columns of the standards, such as an independent flight control, fire control, etc. replaced by a new generation of integrated CIP (general information processor). SU-35 is closer to the Western standards, the natural can be clearly compared. But now the situation seems, SU-35 is three generations of Western standards of late-type level.

可惜的是即使是“太行”,现在也还是问题重重。“太行改”,要拖进度了。

当然,我们也有两手准备,俄罗斯的AL-31FN M1或者据说我们在俄罗斯借鸡下蛋的99M2,都可以达到要求。但我们的发动机还要靠不断大规模进口吗。。。

It means

WS-10 upgrading plan is behind schedule, and some technical issue still unsolved.

But PLAAF get a plan B for J-10B. The engine may use AL-31FN M1 or 99M2. Both of them suitable for J-10B

Chicken and egg from "借鸡下蛋"

means "borrow a chicken from others and grab a eggs"

the this case, it mean PLAAF borrow the design insitution(chicken) from rassian to make a engine(egg) suitable for J-10 requirement.

Sum all up is J-10B will have a much more powerful engine, if WS-10 upgrading plan is delayed, AL-31FNM1 or 99M2(or higher version) will equip J-10B.

Please..

Long para generally say.

J-10B as a test machine of 4th generation fighter, its avionics is outstanding. Someone comment" install ASAE on J-10B havs nothing to exciting. The major advancement of J-10B is avionics. In some aspect, J-10B's avionic structure and performance goal is aiming on "Pave pillar" project, such as independent flight control, fire control, etc. replaced by a new generation of integrated CIP (general information processor). SU-35 is forwarding to west standard, it is clear comparasion. Base on our view, Su-35 is on a late 3rd generation level.

Red word is copy/paste, too technical for me.

From Chinese reading, I understand that in some area, J-10B avionics has same structure with F-22, which called "Pave Pillar", and performance goal is aiming on F-22 in some aspect.

BWT USAAF is working on "Pave Pale" project now. The Pave pillar was finished at 1980s, by now applied on F-22 and RAH-66

Last edited:
Long para generally say.

J-10B as a test machine of 4th generation fighter, its avionics is outstanding. Someone comment" install ASAE on J-10B havs nothing to exciting. The major advancement of J-10B is avionics. In some aspect, J-10B's avionic structure and performance goal is aiming on "Pave pillar" project, such as independent flight control, fire control, etc. replaced by a new generation of integrated CIP (general information processor). SU-35 is forwarding to west standard, it is clear comparasion. Base on our view, Su-35 is on a late 3rd generation level.

Red word is copy/paste, too technical for me.

From Chinese reading, I understand that in some area, J-10B avionics has same structure with F-22, which called "Pave Pillar", and performance goal is aiming on F-22 in some aspect.

BWT USAAF is working on "Pave Pale" project now. The Pave pillar was finished at 1980s, by now applied on F-22 and RAH-66

yeah J-10B will incorporate a holographic hud....
for those who are not familiar with the concept, here is a simple video about the concept

for CIP
Raptor 'Common Integrated Processor'
The Hughes-built Common Integrated Processor (CIP) is the 'brain' of the integrated avionics system – a system which has some unusual characteristics.

For instance, the F-22 has no radios, no navigation gear like TACAN or global positioning system or instrument landing system and no radar, in the traditional sense.

Rather than radar, the CIP, which is about the size of a oversized bread box, supports all signal and data processing for all sensors and mission avionics.

Reprogramming ability
The CIP modules have the ability to emulate any of the electronic functions through automatic reprogramming. For example, if the CIP module that is acting as radio dies, one of the other modules will automatically reload the radio program and take over the radio function.

This approach to avionics makes the equipment extremely tolerant to combat damage as well as flexible from a design upgrade point of view.

The aircraft's avionics architecture remains flexible to accept future upgrades without having to design and retrofit new hardware to the fighter.

Expandability
There are two CIPs in each F-22, with 66 module slots per CIP. They have identical backplanes and all of the F-22's processing requirements can be handled by only seven different types of processors. Currently, 19 of 66 slots in CIP 1 and 22 of 66 slots in CIP are open and available for expansion.

Each module is limited by design to only 75 percent of its capability, so the F-22 has 30 percent growth capability with no change to the existing equipment. There is space, power and cooling provisions in the aircraft now for a third CIP, so the requirement for a 200 percent avionics growth capability in the F-22 can be easily met.

There is coordinated plan for technology growth that will help keep the CIP at state-of-the-art levels. As electronics continue to get smaller and more powerful, it is conceivable that there could be 300 percent increase in avionics capability.
If J-10B is able to get a good AESA, then it means ECM capability is also enhanced manifold as AESA can also be used effectively for Jamming incoming missiles and SEAD operations. So a lot of goodies are coming PAF way with J-10B/FC-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly irrelevant video.. if you don't mind my saying it. :)
this is a holographic Hud..nothing too fancy.. has more to do with easing depth perception and strain than anything else.
4337063826_48b438c294.jpg

A holographic HUD simply uses a holographic optical element or HOE as the combiner. This is a specialized diffraction grating that can both combine and collimate. HOEs can be made very wavelength specific to allow the maximum amount of light from the forward field of view to pass through to the pilot. A holographic HUD can deliver a larger field of view for a given weight than can a HUD based solely on lenses and/or mirrors.

Fairly irrelevant video.. if you don't mind my saying it. :)
this is a holographic Hud..nothing too fancy.. has more to do with easing depth perception and strain than anything else.
4337063826_48b438c294.jpg

A holographic HUD simply uses a holographic optical element or HOE as the combiner. This is a specialized diffraction grating that can both combine and collimate. HOEs can be made very wavelength specific to allow the maximum amount of light from the forward field of view to pass through to the pilot. A holographic HUD can deliver a larger field of view for a given weight than can a HUD based solely on lenses and/or mirrors.

exactly, Thats exactly what i was trying to say, The video posted was for the members who were novice to this concept. The ideas is that J-10B will facilitate the pilot by lessening his workload and flexible field of view, leading to greater situational awareness and combat effectiveness
FloatingHUD.png

PAF is still stuck in 3rd gen or 4th gen fighters.

Firstly Thank you for trolling :tup:

yes we are, but 3rd gen are being replaced by 4th gen jf-17 and J-10B/FC-20 is comparable to a 4.5gen fighter, and as for 5th gen; no other country apart from the US has operational fifth gen fighters.

Furthermore, Given the timeframe of FC-20 and the recent developments on J-10B, I suspect that JFT III will certainly incorporate all these techs as by that time
1) PAF would have FC-20 by ToPT as indicated by Defence Minister.
2) These techs would have been reasonably matured
So if FC-20 goes smooth, we may see a indigenous 4.5++ fighter around 2017 onwards

Furthermore, Given the timeframe of FC-20 and the recent developments on J-10B, I suspect that JFT III will certainly incorporate all these techs as by that time
1) PAF would have FC-20 by ToPT as indicated by Defence Minister.
2) These techs would have been reasonably matured
So if FC-20 goes smooth, we may see a indigenous 4.5++ fighter around 2017 onwards

Part in bold....

Are you saying that it will be better then a 4.5 gen fighter??

Back
Top Bottom