What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

The battle result you mention about is happened around 2006, and it is J-10(which newly design and build around 2005) versus J-11(newly build but the design still use Su-27sk. Su-27sk was designed in late 1980's and into PLAAF service in 1992.) I don't think the result show the potential ability of two airframe, especially consider in version J-11b was in service around 2009.

and the advantage for Su-27 is that they are BIG, it is mean you have more free space to add up more stuff. Aircraft will be in service around 25 to 30 years. The MLU potential is realy essential point for any aircraft.

My friend,your information perhaps not right.
The time when J11b in service is more earlier,and most J11A (not su27sk) had upgrated twards the standard of J11B.
J10A not just beat J11A,J11B,but also SU30MKK,MKK2.PLAAF often carry out against the drill internal.
So it is the most Air superiority fighter in China,but the Ability of capmulti-purpose ,voyage is not so good to J11.

Last edited:
I wish F16 would be the last American AC for PAF. No more American AC's please.

They are.

The next gen American planes are F/A-22 which is off limits to anyone.

F-35, still under development, too expensive and really not worth the trouble of integrating.

They aren't offering much.

F-16BLK 52+ is the last plane Pakistan is getting. Remember we are configuring our own version of J-10 so we don't need American A/Cs anymore.

My friend,your information perhaps not right.
The time when J11b in service is more earlier,and most J11A (not su27sk) had upgrated twards the standard of J11B.
J10A not just beat J11A,J11B,but also SU30MKK,MKK2.PLAAF often carry out against the drill internal.
So it is the most Air superiority fighter in China,but the Ability of capmulti-purpose ,voyage is not so good to J11.

The J-11B prototype flew in 2006. I think the J-11s engaged by the J-10As in 2006 were upgraded J-11As and not true J-11Bs, with incorporated superior avionics, far more composite material, and significant RCS reduction. The article did mention, however, that the J-10As were able to gain an advantage over J-11s in later exercises.

at least Indian MKIs (which they are procuring right now) wont be grounded uptil then, regarding their age, I did mention that PAF can upgrade even F-15Cs (which are expected to be retired earlier than E versions) to SE standard. The manufacturer will be happy to do this as the company's upgrade offer stands for all the Eagle operators and further in the face of stiff compitition with LMCo JSF-35, the company is desperate for new customers. Even Boeing's 6th Gen will also be availbale for customers of F-15s. So eventhough its american but potentially we can have a 5th Gen option at least. I mean after all, we will own these aircraft and can use them in case of need. There is a cost, but also a lot of benifit.

The Silent Eagle is not developed as an upgrade package for older F15s, but as a dedicated fighter version and as an alternative to 5. gen fighters. But so far not even Israel, or Saudi Arabia gets them, so PAF won't get them for sure. If the US offers PAF a new fighter, I think it will be F18 Super Hornet in this decade, or F35 in the next, but that's a long time and many things can change till then.
J10 instead is a good and cost-effective hi level fighter for PAF, I don't think they will go for a 4th type besides it F16 and JFT.

The Pakistan Airforce modernization program 2009-2019 does not incorporate a twin engine fighter, only single engine ones.

Last edited:
The Pakistan Airforce modernization program 2009-2019 does not incoporate a twin engine fighter, only single engine ones.

you are absolutely correct, PAF did not incorporated a twin engine fighters in modernization program 2009-19. Lets wait & watch if PAF deem to have any twin engine fighters in its elite fleet.

:coffee:

you are absolutely correct, PAF did not incorporated a twin engine fighters in modernization program 2009-19. Lets wait & watch if PAF deem to have any twin engine fighters in its elite fleet.

:coffee:

Then why does it is still operating Q-5 in its elite fleet?

Q-5 isn't technically a fighter, it is more of a ground attack aircraft.

The only twin-engined fighter that Pakistan formerly operated was the F-6.

Q-5 isn't technically a fighter, it is more of a ground attack aircraft.

The only twin-engined fighter that Pakistan formerly operated was the F-6.

Well, I never contexted its role rather its mistake to not to include Q-5 in PAF's elite modernization plan.

In MY opinion, Pakistan must avoid getting itself entangled with the Americans needlessly - and if that means avoiding arms-transactions, then so be it. Ideally the purchase of F-16s and Cobras should be considered as pure commercial transactions, but realistically speaking, I am sure they're closely tied to Washington's policy objectives and consequently Islamabad's subordination (i.e. following U.S orders). Until our relations with U.S. are strictly business/commercial, we should avoid them...

there were only 2 sqdns equipped with the A-5, 16 and 26 based at peshawar - in the process of being replaced by the JF-17. A-5 is history IMO.

there were only 2 sqdns equipped with the A-5, 16 and 26 based at peshawar - in the process of being replaced by the JF-17. A-5 is history IMO.

Na Sirji I still see A-5 flying in the skies...Whenever i stand outside to see jf17 thunder fly,i come back home disappointed after seeing A-5 fly instead...lagta hai itni asani se jaan nahi chorrnay walay:D

Sir I still see A-5 flying in the skies...Whenever i stand outside to see jf17 thunder fly,i come back home disappointed after seeing A-5 fly instead...lagta hai itni asani se jaan nahi chorrnay walay:D

hahahaaahahah, same case with me.

I hear the sound of the fighter, go out and see the A-5s going by. :)

Well it seems the pilots need their monthly hours, thus one of the Sqd is flying.

We have for now just one the 26th Sqd raised with JF-17s, while the other Sqd is still left.

Thus the day we see the other Sqd raised, we may see no more A-5s, but they will be kept in flying condition and once in a while see them fly also.

Waiting patiently for the day JF-17s come and i go to the runway boundary and make videos of it.

Na Sirji I still see A-5 flying in the skies...Whenever i stand outside to see jf17 thunder fly,i come back home disappointed after seeing A-5 fly instead...lagta hai itni asani se jaan nahi chorrnay walay:D

where have i said they are not flying anymore - if u cant understand what i am trying to say, then what can i say.....

some imformation about the Chinese 5'th g fighter.

huzhigeng 发表于 2010-10-2 08:39
以后战机重型化是趋势。。。看看别人老美吧。F35号称中型。。虽然是单发。可是比某些双发机还要重型化。。。至于不看好成飞搞重四。。别人歼十搞得好。。。四代方案评审的时候。意见一边倒。。总有道理的。我可没看到评审一边意见倒向沈阳。。成都的方案确实比较吸引人。。评审时候的数据也比沈阳的要高。。。。当然你可以说吹水的。但是某些数据确实是相当优异。。方案也比那个三翼面领先很多。。。。所以沈阳输了就是输了。。。输了的话就老老实实的把自己手上的那个多用途机机搞好。。

现在我们都是学老美。。我们四代机流程和老美很像。。。一些子系统相当接近97年的F22。当然不抱括发动机系统。。。。所以肯定要加个字母的。。况且老毛子的T50首飞也不过如此。。都一样。。。。特别是发动机。。都是装老版的首飞。。。
北边的那个JJ。。也一样。。。逃不了的。。毕竟发动机和南边的都用一样的型号。。。。

kkkddd125 发表于 2010-10-1 07:43
既然2家都有新jj,那坐等结果啊,到时候比比就能看出高下了,比在这打嘴仗好多了

huzhigeng 发表于 2010-10-2 08:39

既使出来了。。也不可能比个高低的。。。。。成都的是完全空优。。。。而北边是多用途。。。当然。空优也很不错。。。但是最好不要和成都的去比空优。。。。。

lizyu:……
……本来就是某活动结束后加的字母,意义就是空军发现某方面实在不大靠谱,之后的项目当然是有字母的后续了。现在当然是顺利进行了,不过是按照事实上的设计条件进行的,至于成品和当初宣传有什么差异和差距,那等出来后不就清楚了,等着看看那个字母什么时候取消好了。

方案要求最重要的是可行可实现,南边那东西在这方面有无可比拟的优势,再加上一大堆的高指标,要是我也得选那头的,事实上N个重大指标南边全部占优势。我07年在CD就说过北边的项目没什么希望了,只是没想到南边的最后竟然是这样的效果而已,也没想到计划和差异竟然那么大。

……你要是知道那次活动就应该知道那个字母当时可没有,到之后某评审后才出现的,如果真是计划好的北边那个怎么没有?**的时候怎么没有呢?如果**时候就有双方的情况会完全变化了。

huzhigeng:这方面还是要表扬一下601的。。。问题能够基本上完满解决。。。。601和611一起通立协作。。屁股擦得也差不多了。另外。。北边自己的东西也到了最关键的时候了。。。。。还有别的型号。。。都不知道601的人是怎么忙得过来,。。。。。。。反正奖金大大的有。。越多活。。越好。

这个字母后面肯定还是要取消的。。。

那没办法。现实的就是北边的因为南边的把自己的东西的进度慢一拍。。。。所以今年你也看到了。。601忙成什么样子。。还好。现在自己的东西也完成的快差不多了。。。说实话。今年。。601的人算是累惨了。。。。一个又一个重点型号。。。比南边的型号多。。。。所以不要说北边没有四代。也不要说什么北边只会山寨。。。至于很多人说北边的那个东西是山寨T50。这不是扯谈吗。。601还用去山寨毛子那个高不成低不就的东西???

601所的那个太注重气动性能了。。。想不依靠推力矢量机动性就能达到变态的地步。。想法是好。不过太过于极致了。。倒是611的和老美的F22一样。。简单。高效。实用。。F22气动并不复杂。但是依靠好的气动。。好的发动机。。。照样极为出色。。。说实话。。611和601的设计理念还是有差距的。。。。。这也表现在方案上面。。。。

lizyu:……没办法的事,601吃发动机亏吃的太多了。

……主要是说这东西终于不在是个图纸上的壳子了,估计不出大意外已经具备上天的条件,至于其他的还得看。

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom