What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

But i read somewhere that China would be updating its flanker fleet (J-11s) to SU-35BM level....any news on this??

J11s will not follow SU35 or SU27,China will established military security System by ourself,and we did it.

The battle result you mention about is happened around 2006, and it is J-10(which newly design and build around 2005) versus J-11(newly build but the design still use Su-27sk. Su-27sk was designed in late 1980's and into PLAAF service in 1992.) I don't think the result show the potential ability of two airframe, especially consider in version J-11b was in service around 2009.

and the advantage for Su-27 is that they are BIG, it is mean you have more free space to add up more stuff. Aircraft will be in service around 25 to 30 years. The MLU potential is realy essential point for any aircraft.

Well I agree with you that the J-11 is a great platform and has good upgrade potential. However is it truly suitable for the needs of the Pakistan Air Force, which has significantly different doctrines from that of the PLAAF?

Well I agree with you that the J-11 is a great platform and has good upgrade potential. However is it truly suitable for the needs of the Pakistan Air Force, which has significantly different doctrines from that of the PLAAF?

It is not doctrine, rather Purchase and Operating Cost of operating Flanker which makes it beyond the reach of PAF.

The battle result you mention about is happened around 2006, and it is J-10(which newly design and build around 2005) versus J-11(newly build but the design still use Su-27sk. Su-27sk was designed in late 1980's and into PLAAF service in 1992.) I don't think the result show the potential ability of two airframe, especially consider in version J-11b was in service around 2009.

and the advantage for Su-27 is that they are BIG, it is mean you have more free space to add up more stuff. Aircraft will be in service around 25 to 30 years. The MLU potential is realy essential point for any aircraft.

First time I heard that big airframe bestow Flanker with more advantages as far as above post is concerned.

It is not doctrine, rather Purchase and Operating Cost of operating Flanker which makes it beyond the reach of PAF.
may be but PAF is satisfied with the current developments and given the J-10B will be the air superiority fighter of PAF, it seems somewhat unnecessary to have another big bird for this role unless you can do it with a medium one but obviously PAF will gradually move to medium and ultimately heavy birds if regional situation warrants this

None of the above issues, if Flankers are deemed as dire need and of dire importance, but since they are not and we can have other platforms which can fulfill the requirements of PAF more effectively and efficiently, then why go for Flankers.

If the day comes and we need flankers badly, we will get them, we can very well buy them as well as operate them.

Video on Peace Mission 2010 featuring J-10 and H-6! Jump ahead to :36 to see them!

¡°ºÍƽʹÃü-2010¡±ÁªºÏ·´¿Ö¾üÑÝ£º½ñÌì¾ÙÐÐʵ±øÑÝÁ·_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ¹þÈø¿Ë˹̹ ºÍƽʹÃü2010·´

Looks like the primary mission of the J-10 at the exercise was to protect the H-6 by releasing flares at lower altitudes. Does any one have a video of the J-10 straffing targets with rockets or carrying out precision guided bombing? Thnx.

None of the above issues, if Flankers are deemed as dire need and of dire importance, but since they are not and we can have other platforms which can fulfill the requirements of PAF more effectively and efficiently, then why go for Flankers.

If the day comes and we need flankers badly, we will get them, we can very well buy them as well as operate them.

Rather than J-11s which has a possibility "may be or may not be". I think PAF may have the possibility of procurement of F-15s under EDA when F-15 fleet is retired by USAF.

Rather than J-11s which has a possibility "may be or may not be". I think PAF may have the possibility of procurement of F-15s under EDA when F-15 fleet is retired by USAF.

I personally think that the F-15 might be a tad bit too old by the time it is retired by USAF. Pakistan might be better off investing in a lighter plane with stealth characteristics.

I personally think that the F-15 might be a tad bit too old by the time it is retired by USAF. Pakistan might be better off investing in a lighter plane with stealth characteristics.
there are a couple of advantages of any such offers
1- only payment of cost of upgrades...
2- Possibility of upgradation upton Silent Eagle standard in 40 Million USD (as per the statement of company)
so effectively in 50 Million range,PAF can procure a LO aircraft

No more US aircraft, hope F-16s are the last of them.

World is going towards stealth, we should start looking that way now, not backwards and look for F-15s, plus F-15s are gonna be one hell of a trouble for us.

No more US aircraft, hope F-16s are the last of them.

World is going towards stealth, we should start looking that way now, not backwards and look for F-15s, plus F-15s are gonna be one hell of a trouble for us.

well F-15s are certainly not backward...look at singapore and Korea which have procured brand new F-15s....F-15s will remain effective until Sukhoiz and Migs are flying around.

well F-15s are certainly not backward...look at singapore and Korea which have procured brand new F-15s....F-15s will remain effective until Sukhoiz and Migs are flying around.

They are buying the latest models, while you talked about EDA, which would be initially the older models, and by the time the latest models get to EDA, Migs and Sukhois might be about to leave.

Plus, its AMERICAN. So better we keep ourselves away from as much american platforms as possible.

They are buying the latest models, while you talked about EDA, which would be initially the older models, and by the time the latest models get to EDA, Migs and Sukhois might be about to leave.

Plus, its AMERICAN. So better we keep ourselves away from as much american platforms as possible.

at least Indian MKIs (which they are procuring right now) wont be grounded uptil then, regarding their age, I did mention that PAF can upgrade even F-15Cs (which are expected to be retired earlier than E versions) to SE standard. The manufacturer will be happy to do this as the company's upgrade offer stands for all the Eagle operators and further in the face of stiff compitition with LMCo JSF-35, the company is desperate for new customers. Even Boeing's 6th Gen will also be availbale for customers of F-15s. So eventhough its american but potentially we can have a 5th Gen option at least. I mean after all, we will own these aircraft and can use them in case of need. There is a cost, but also a lot of benifit.

I wish F16 would be the last American AC for PAF. No more American AC's please.

Back
Top Bottom