What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

First of all I don't think there are as many as 300 J-10As in PLAAF. A friend of mine did a calculation based on the J-10s he spotted on google earth and the number of divisions officially reviewed by CCTV News and he came up with 196 fighters.

I don't think PLAAF will take the number of baseline J-10s as high as 450. J-10A, although a comparatively advanced fighter in the Chinese arsenal, is already a bit dated compared to some of the fighters operated by our neighbors. I do know for a fact that other variants of J-10, together with the J-10A, will make up the bulk of the Chinese air force and step in the shoes of the J-7s. They, in turn, will probably be eventually supplanted by SAC's reputed single-engined stealth fighter or perhaps stealth J-10s.
I didnt see that coming.....I knew that there may be two stealth programs under progress but I suspected CAC to be the boss as it had a better track record than SAC:what:

I didnt see that coming.....I knew that there may be two stealth programs under progress but I suspected CAC to be the boss as it had a better track record than SAC:what:

That appears to be the case. CAC got the deal, apparently, on the twin-engined heavy stealth fighter that will be China's analogue to the F-22 and PAK-FA while SAC only got the single engine jet. However SAC will give a great deal of assistance to the CAC project as well since the SAC has prior experience with twin engined jets (various flankers) and is better with composite materials.

pupu seems hints that the PAF J-10 will based on J-10B and use a simplified version of ws-15.

Please if you can provide more info or any link because is it possible to have ws15 engine on Fc20??? Any confirmation from any source

Please if you can provide more info or any link because is it possible to have ws15 engine on Fc20??? Any confirmation from any source

I personally think that he meant a enhanced WS-10 variant (even better than WS-10A which is also experiencing problems). The WS-15 is intended for the J-XX.

That appears to be the case. CAC got the deal, apparently, on the twin-engined heavy stealth fighter that will be China's analogue to the F-22 and PAK-FA while SAC only got the single engine jet. However SAC will give a great deal of assistance to the CAC project as well since the SAC has prior experience with twin engined jets (various flankers) and is better with composite materials.

It is very different from what I read from the furom. the rumour I heard is CAC is developing next generation twin engine interceptor with SAC's help, especially in structure. SAC is response for next generation twin engine multi-role aircraft which is focus on cost efficiency. SAC will use Flanker as base to develop a ultimate "Flanker" like F-15SE.

Regarding J-10 in PLAAF, I didn't see PLAAF treat J-10 production as first priority. Last year(2009), a picture from SAC show J-11B is in massive production phase. Dozens J-11B is parking in SAC and waiting for engine. While J-10 import another 100 engine from Russian. The only engine suitable for J-11B is Ws-10 in China. From this two new, I think it is clear show PLAAF treat J-11B as the first priority and allocate most production capacity of ws-10a to SAC. beside that PLAN's goal is J-15.(J-15 use ws-10a as well)

I believe upgrade verion J-10 is in development, but I think twin-engine J-10 is more like a joke, add another engine will cause a major structure change. PLAAF will better off with upgrade J-11.

It is very different from what I read from the furom. the rumour I heard is CAC is developing next generation twin engine interceptor with SAC's help, especially in structure. SAC is response for next generation twin engine multi-role aircraft which is focus on cost efficiency. SAC will use Flanker as base to develop a ultimate "Flanker" like F-15SE.

Regarding J-10 in PLAAF, I didn't see PLAAF treat J-10 production as first priority. Last year(2009), a picture from SAC show J-11B is in massive production phase. Dozens J-11B is parking in SAC and waiting for engine. While J-10 import another 100 engine from Russian. The only engine suitable for J-11B is Ws-10 in China. From this two new, I think it is clear show PLAAF treat J-11B as the first priority and allocate most production capacity of ws-10a to SAC. beside that PLAN's goal is J-15.(J-15 use ws-10a as well)

I believe upgrade verion J-10 is in development, but I think twin-engine J-10 is more like a joke, add another engine will cause a major structure change. PLAAF will better off with upgrade J-11.

Each man to his rumour, I guess. We'll never know for sure until official news regarding the J-XX program gets leaked (probably three years after the first prototypes fly successfully).

I think that the J-10, being the Lo in China's high-lo combination, will be produced in significant numbers as well. It is definitely more expensive to maintain the twin-engined flankers especially in light of China's problems with domestic engines. I think the air force will go for more J-10s than J-11s just out of cost consideration.

J-15 will be China's first carrier plane. I, however, see them more as a gap-filler before China's fifth gen carrier borne planes come out. By the time China's carrier comes out the F-35 will become the premier carrier borne fighter for most Western countries.

10092122245d5d882e8131d918.jpg

pupu said:help me show the picture to Pakistan brother.This is my uncle in Pakistan, a model of the scene after delivery.

I'm no military/politics buff, but how much do you think China will sell these for to Pakistan? Or will it just be the super epic privilege of getting one of these planes in the first place?

I'm no military/politics buff, but how much do you think China will sell these for to Pakistan? Or will it just be the super epic privilege of getting one of these planes in the first place?

Firstly,Pakistan is the most friendly country to China and we have Common strategic interests,some country purchased large advanced aircraft these years,break South Asia military balance;
Secondly,China has a habit of military:The best one will be confidential until the better one successfully developed .J10 use to be the most confidential plane in China,it had no the official decryption until recently.It tells that:Chinese 5'th fighter will be developed.in rumor:the 5'th fighter will first flew early in the next year.

So it is understandable!:china::pakistan:

PLAAF will better off with upgrade J-11.

My friend, but i don't think so.
I surpose J10 is More priorier than J11B,have you heard that:J10A beat J11B in many Against drill,so J10 is the best air-advantage fighter in China now.611 also develop FC-1/JF-17 succesffully.That's why Country give the 5'th fighter development to 611

---SAC will use Flanker as base to develop a ultimate "Flanker" like F-15SE.-------no The official news prove it,mybe it's SAC's plan.Now,The country has one 5'TH fight program.
until now,J11 have nothing change of Pneumatic structure to SU27SK,but J10B is mature.I belive there will be J10C,J10D.....J10Z.:woot:The advantage of J11 is two-engine,more Load capacity,and more voyage,that's J10 hard to reach.

Pakistan is already a confirmed customer of the J-10.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - PAF to start serial production of JF17 fighter aircraft soon
Answering a question, he said the agreement between Pakistan and China for the delivery of High‑Tech aircraft J‑10 was intact and these aircraft after improving them further would be delivered to PAF in 2014‑15. He said these aircraft are being modernized in accordance with the PAF’s requirements and delivered under the title of FC‑20.

The only real question is which variant of the J-10 Pakistan is getting but since the air chief said that the J-10 will be modernized in accordance to PAF requirements, I believe that it will be J-10B. Pakistan will also have access to Western radars/avionics so the PAF J-10 variant may be more advanced than that of the original.

Don't worry about it. If China is not selling the J-10 to Pakistan, she won't sell it to any other nation. Pakistan is China's only reliable all weather partner. :china::pakistan:

Pakistan is already a confirmed customer of the J-10.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - PAF to start serial production of JF17 fighter aircraft soon

The only real question is which variant of the J-10 Pakistan is getting but since the air chief said that the J-10 will be modernized in accordance to PAF requirements, I believe that it will be J-10B. Pakistan will also have access to Western radars/avionics so the PAF J-10 variant may be more advanced than that of the original.

Don't worry about it. If China is not selling the J-10 to Pakistan, she won't sell it to any other nation. Pakistan is China's only reliable all weather partner. :china::pakistan:

about a year ago, someone ( idont know his name now) put an interesting post in this regard.According to him, J-10B will be only used by PAF and PLAAF and J-10B model will not be exported to any third country. Once J-10B is in PLAAF, FC-20 development will start and when FC-20 development is complete, PLAAF J-10A fleet will take MLU upgrade to FC-20 Standards. The official flight date for FC-20 variant is somewhere between 2014-2015. The export model will be based on J-10A (if China decides to export this to other countries)

Back
Top Bottom