What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

What is the reason Y China Air Force not conducting joint exercise even with PAF?

They did have one in 2003
here is a discussion on it
Pakistani Defence Forum > Plaaf And Paf Air War Exercises

What is the reason Y China Air Force not conducting joint exercise even with PAF?

That would be correct. The U.S. won't be thrilled if China learns about the full capabilities of Block 52 F-16s.

They did have one in 2003
here is a discussion on it
Pakistani Defence Forum > Plaaf And Paf Air War Exercises

I'm pretty sure that was just a B.S. source bro.

That would be correct. The U.S. won't be thrilled if China learns about the full capabilities of Block 52 F-16s.

I'm pretty sure that was just a B.S. source bro.

Err, the Chinese may not be able to fly the F-16 themselves but they can talk to PAF pilots, who have been there since the good old days of F-6 and F-7 Aircraft and recently even the Mechanics for F-16s who were posted in Chengdu for the JF-17 project.

Chinese Pilots can always fly them, though in limited numbers and secrecy in Pakistan. How is USA gonna find about them?

CIA still admits that it has no clue to where most of Pakistani Nuclear weapons are......i am sure if PAF wanted Chinese to Fly BLK 52 they could manage it. Couple more years and US personal might be gone from Jacobabad.

Err, the Chinese may not be able to fly the F-16 themselves but they can talk to PAF pilots, who have been there since the good old days of F-6 and F-7 Aircraft and recently even the Mechanics for F-16s who were posted in Chengdu for the JF-17 project.

Chinese Pilots can always fly them, though in limited numbers and secrecy in Pakistan. How is USA gonna find about them?

CIA still admits that it has no clue to where most of Pakistani Nuclear weapons are......i am sure if PAF wanted Chinese to Fly BLK 52 they could manage it. Couple more years and US personal might be gone from Jacobabad.

I never doubted that there are exchanges between PAF and PLAAF pilots. I am just suspicious about claims that there were mock airfights between the two nations.

PAF have number of MOU's with UAE Air force, Turkey Air force, China Air Force, Egyption Air Force, Jordan Air force.......
These MOU's are kind of exchange of pilots ........but countries also keep the AirCraft Vendors concerns....Like PAF pilots in Turkey couldnt fly F-16 Block 52 untill 2006 when ristrictions were remove USA.....There were number of pilots flew F-16 Block 52 after 2006.

So number of pilots from PAF fly aircrafts in China similarly Chinees pilots fly PAF AC's in PAkistan but PAF pilots cant Flly J-11, Su 30 similarly Chinees pilots cant fly F-16's.

Besides that China has many other soruces to study abt Block 52....its not a big deal these days.

PAF has never excercised with the PLAAF AFAIK - but they shd IMO

Yes this will benefit both sides tremendously but particularly PLAAF. The Chinese air force has not had a lot of experience post Vietnam War and we need help from the Pakistani Airforce, which achieved aerial victories with 4th gen fighters, to complete the modernization of the Air Force doctrines.

PAF have number of MOU's with UAE Air force, Turkey Air force, China Air Force, Egyption Air Force, Jordan Air force.......
These MOU's are kind of exchange of pilots ........but countries also keep the AirCraft Vendors concerns....Like PAF pilots in Turkey couldnt fly F-16 Block 52 untill 2006 when ristrictions were remove USA.....There were number of pilots flew F-16 Block 52 after 2006.

So number of pilots from PAF fly aircrafts in China similarly Chinees pilots fly PAF AC's in PAkistan but PAF pilots cant Flly J-11, Su 30 similarly Chinees pilots cant fly F-16's.

Besides that China has many other soruces to study abt Block 52....its not a big deal these days.

What's this then?:

Viper Driver

Name Wg.Cmd. Aamir Masood
Country Pakistan
Unit 9th squadron "Griffins"
Flying F-16s
Viper Hours 2000
Currently flying Su-30MK1 for the Chinese Navy.

2006: Commanding Officer of 9 sqn.

The issue of PAF pilots not being able to fly the Turkish BLK50 jets seems reasonable as those were US jets and Pakistan was under US restrictions.

But in case of China it doesn't matter. J-11 is Chinese and the fact it is based on SU27/30 does not make a bit of difference. Russia can protest all it want, and just like the recent MIG 29 vs JF-17 market debates, it cannot do much beyond a certain point.

Russia is so desperate for money so they don't want to piss China off which is still buying their tech. Otherwise it would be only India as their large customer.

Remember how Pakistan was not supposed to have Nuclear reactors? Not only did it get civilian reactors from China, but also Military ones, plus weapons support and ballistic missiles all under the nose of the Western powers.

I never doubted that there are exchanges between PAF and PLAAF pilots. I am just suspicious about claims that there were mock airfights between the two nations.

Why do you getting suspicious about claims of mock airfight is something beyond me. Pakistani Pilots have been extensively trained on Chinese supplied Fighter Jets and Mock battles are often the part of such a training session.

Why do you getting suspicious about claims of mock airfight is something beyond me. Pakistani Pilots have been extensively trained on Chinese supplied Fighter Jets and Mock battles are often the part of such a training session.

I was thinking more along the lines of Red Flag/Blue Flag. Besides I don't think that Chinese pilots could really benefit from going up against Chinese planes.

Back
Top Bottom