What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Sarcastic! solid snake by what proporation.

If J-10 can shot down MKI according previous chinese poster then tell me why can't LCA shot down MKI according to me.

LCA is a light combact aircraft, it too cannot be compared with the J-10, J-10 is a heavy bomber just like the MKI with more range. However i highly doubt that the J-10 in its current status can shot down the MKI like turkeys. I believe there was more patriotism then knowledge when such a statement was concluded.;)

LCA is a light combact aircraft, it too cannot be compared with the J-10, J-10 is a heavy bomber just like the MKI with more range. However i highly doubt that the J-10 in its current status can shot down the MKI like turkeys. I believe there was more patriotism then knowledge when such a statement was concluded.;)

well put. i read in the Janes Defence Magazine that the Americans compare the J-10 to a mid-model F-16. They are more concerned about the sheer numbers of the J-10 rather than its technical aspects. Considering the fact that the american air force will have more information about the J-10 than any of us civilians, i think their statement is pretty accurate.

that being said, i think the j-10 is a superb plane. it might not be a technological marvel, but it gets the job done. it is quite high-tech, relatively cheap and can be mass produced. in a war, numbers matter, and the j-10 is built for crushing enemies with numerical superiority.

LCA is a light combact aircraft, it too cannot be compared with the J-10, J-10 is a heavy bomber just like the MKI with more range.

Correct, but there is much to be taken into account with mere range and payload and hence I had as I didn't compared LCA with J-10 rather Su-30MKI.

However i highly doubt that the J-10 in its current status can shot down the MKI like turkeys. I believe there was more patriotism then knowledge when such a statement was concluded.;)

You are beng on target

well put. i read in the Janes Defence Magazine that the Americans compare the J-10 to a mid-model F-16. They are more concerned about the sheer numbers of the J-10 rather than its technical aspects. Considering the fact that the american air force will have more information about the J-10 than any of us civilians, i think their statement is pretty accurate.

that being said, i think the j-10 is a superb plane. it might not be a technological marvel, but it gets the job done. it is quite high-tech, relatively cheap and can be mass produced. in a war, numbers matter, and the j-10 is built for crushing enemies with numerical superiority.

Its considered equal to a block 40 of the F-16 in its current status, however with a better radar for instance the way chinese are working an AESA radar and a possible TVC, it will be considered top noch and in the same league as other modern day fighter jets of 4.5th gen are. But i assume it will take another five years or so to achieve that level, i might be wrong here.

Correct, but there is much to be taken into account with mere range and payload and hence I had as I didn't compared LCA with J-10 rather Su-30MKI.

Yes indeed, there are other things as well that speak for themselves, for e.g the radar, the ECM suite, avonics, TVC.

J-10 has outclassed Su-27 in air superiority role (Much of the Su-30). J-10 can match Su-30MKK in ground role anyday.

Dont listen to those critics. The real guys who should be concerned of this new fighter, are concerned with it. If you read that magazine again, those people are nobody.

Sarcastic by what proporation!

If J-10 can shot down MKI according to previous chinese poster then why can't LCA shot down MKI.

LCA can't because it has no radar or any missile currently. ;) But armed with a good radar and a missile it can shoot down the turkey any day. :coffee:

well i think pakistan should not get any more f16s and united states is selling them to india. j10 would be our answer to any threat that we will have. i think pakistan shuould cancle f16s and get some thing better

In the greater scheme of things, just wanted to throw this out there that no two countries with F-16s in their inventories have gone to war....This is one of the slogans pushed by LM...there is some truth behind it but obviously there is more to it than just the F-16s ;)

So maybe F-16s in PAF and IAF may not be a bad thing after all.

In the greater scheme of things, just wanted to throw this out there that no two countries with F-16s in their inventories have gone to war....This is one of the slogans pushed by LM...there is some truth behind it but obviously there is more to it than just the F-16s ;)

So maybe F-16s in PAF and IAF may not be a bad thing after all.

India will never go the US way.... No way!

And if such a miracle happened then we shall see a broader spectrum of Choices for PAF other than Rafle, EF and J-10.

India will never go the US way.... No way!

Mate, right now IAF is not only looking out for Ultra-Modern fighter planes comprises of MRCA, but also Air to ground ammunition and BVR missiles as well as not to forget AESA. In all the contender of MRCA, only US counterparts are offering some of the top-noth ammunition,AESA and BVR weapons. So we can safely assume that either Rafale or F-18EF are going to become a part of IAF.

And if such a miracle happened then we shall see a broader spectrum of Choices for PAF other than Rafle, EF and J-10.

Not only this fighter planes but also BVR and AESA as well.

Mate, right now IAF is not only looking out for Ultra-Modern fighter planes comprises of MRCA, but also Air to ground ammunition and BVR missiles as well as not to forget AESA. In all the contender of MRCA, only US counterparts are offering some of the top-noth ammunition,AESA and BVR weapons. So we can safely assume that either Rafale or F-18EF are going to become a part of IAF.

Not only this fighter planes but also BVR and AESA as well.

India becoming a part of US arms sale is highly unlikely but you can presume what you want!

Thou it does good to Pakistan if India becomes a Part of US arms purchasing network since it will in turn only weaken the bond it has with Russia which is primarily only and only due to Military Purchases=Money!

Back
Top Bottom