What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

well it is fine as far as you have edited your post. thanks for understanding, i really appreciate it.
i understand that all this was by mistake and not an intentional offense.
again, thankyou for understand my point!

regards!

dual posting:toast_sign:

Came across an interesting article related to the J-10 in Aviation Week. It says that:
"The Chinese navy hints that the country is working on a supercruise for a J-10 successor or derivative".

I can't post the whole thing, it's too long, but here are the main points.

Aviation Week & Space Technology
Bradley Perrett - April 27, 2009 - Beijing

Speed Priority: China's navy lays out its requirements and one is a supercruising fighter.

- Chinese naval Admiral Wu Shengli has outlined a supercruising fighter as a "high priority".
- Step up work on precision missiles to overcome enemy defenses.
- Faster development of combat surface ships, probably the aircraft carrier program that is increasingly imminent.
- The design of the J-XX is unknown. It could be a new aircraft or quite possibly a development of the J-10.
- J-10's configuration is similar to the Eurofighter Typhoon, which the manufacturer says can supercruise at Mach 1.5, although it is likely to be somewhat slower with a useful external load.
- For Chinese navy, supercrusiing would allow to cover large defensive area in less time, quite useful if the imagined target is a US carrier group at long range.
- All demands look quite achievable for the Chinese navy over the next decade.
- Adm. Shegli: "We must develop new-generation weapons such as large surface combat ships, stealthy long-endurance submarines, supercruising combat aircraft, precision long-range missiles that can penetrate defenses, as well as deep-diving, fast and intelligent torpedoes, and electronic combat equipment offering compatibility and commonality.
- "we need to enhance the modern technology content of our equipment and move to new-generation quality and the next step in performance."
- Supercruising aircraft would almost certainly fly from naval land bases.
- Defence penetrating weapon is likely the ship-homing version of the DF-21 ballistic missile.
- An amphibious or carrier task-group is most likely a long-term aspiration.

Came across an interesting article related to the J-10 in Aviation Week. It says that:
"The Chinese navy hints that the country is working on a supercruise for a J-10 successor or derivative".

I think you are talking about Super-10
hay any rumor about J-11/J-10 hybrid?

I can't post the whole thing, it's too long, but here are the main points.

Aviation Week & Space Technology
Bradley Perrett - April 27, 2009 - Beijing

Speed Priority: China's navy lays out its requirements and one is a supercruising fighter.

- Chinese naval Admiral Wu Shengli has outlined a supercruising fighter as a "high priority".
- Step up work on precision missiles to overcome enemy defenses.
- Faster development of combat surface ships, probably the aircraft carrier program that is increasingly imminent.
- The design of the J-XX is unknown. It could be a new aircraft or quite possibly a development of the J-10.
- J-10's configuration is similar to the Eurofighter Typhoon, which the manufacturer says can supercruise at Mach 1.5, although it is likely to be somewhat slower with a useful external load.
- For Chinese navy, supercrusiing would allow to cover large defensive area in less time, quite useful if the imagined target is a US carrier group at long range.
- All demands look quite achievable for the Chinese navy over the next decade.
- Adm. Shegli: "We must develop new-generation weapons such as large surface combat ships, stealthy long-endurance submarines, supercruising combat aircraft, precision long-range missiles that can penetrate defenses, as well as deep-diving, fast and intelligent torpedoes, and electronic combat equipment offering compatibility and commonality.
- "we need to enhance the modern technology content of our equipment and move to new-generation quality and the next step in performance."
- Supercruising aircraft would almost certainly fly from naval land bases.
- Defence penetrating weapon is likely the ship-homing version of the DF-21 ballistic missile.
- An amphibious or carrier task-group is most likely a long-term aspiration.
Mh, it sounds like they want to design a whole new aircraft just to get supercruise capability, but aren't the engine and the thrust to weight ratio of the aircraft the important parts of SC?
I mean the Gripen NG proves SC with the GE 414 engine, but the F18SH which had the same engine don't offer that capability. So if they wan SC, don't they have to improve the engine of J10 mainly?

chinese fourm call it 3.75

somebody said it's a failed project for next gen fighter,air force don't wanna it,but navy like it for now.← chinese fourm rumour may be totally bullshit

my point,j10X,not likely..if it's real,will be jXX

i guess it's finally be a rumor or big surprise.

both could happen.

ps,my english is poor,sorry guys. :(

Last edited:
chinese fourm call it 3.75

somebody said it's a failed project for next gen fighter,air force don't wanna it,but navy like it for now.← chinese fourm rumour may be totally bullshit

my point,j10X,not likely..if it's real,will be jXX

i guess it's finally be a rumor or big surprise.

both could happen.

ps,my english is poor,sorry guys. :(

Your english is fine buddy! :)
J-10B was just a rumour until the authentic pictures came out a few months ago.
Seele, how about a supercruising J-10 by around 2015? Are there any rumours about a turbofan more advanced than WS-10A (possibly WS-15) completing development by that time? The reason I ask is that according to a very respected poster (he used to fly F-16 for the Pakistan Air Force), the Chinese offered two engines to Pakistan for J-10P (FC-20): one is a current engine (we believe this is the WS-10A), but the other is a next generation engine that is still being worked on by China (which we think must be WS-15). What do you think?

Last edited:
i think if there is j10 navy type or jxx or su33 copy depends on Varyag carrier reconstruction progress。(almost done)may be around 2010-2012

WS10 series will be done in 2010,rumour.but seems ture.about ws15.i don't konw much.but is the key issue of plaaf.won't be too easy.

my guess is,2012, new type of j10,navy's new toy and etc.2015,if lucky,ws15 and 5th gen fighter.

but,u konw,things change everyday,especially in china.

regards.

I hope we get this combat jet soon, so we can strengthen our defense.

i think if there is j10 navy type or jxx or su33 copy depends on Varyag carrier reconstruction progress。(almost done)may be around 2010-2012

WS10 series will be done in 2010,rumour.but seems ture.about ws15.i don't konw much.but is the key issue of plaaf.won't be too easy.

my guess is,2012, new type of j10,navy's new toy and etc.2015,if lucky,ws15 and 5th gen fighter.

but,u konw,things change everyday,especially in china.

regards.

I think China will go for su33/35cause they can absorb the technology faster. The next plane will be true Chinese. A naval J10 won't be a true option cause the design is not handy (delta, canards, gear, intake) for carriers That is what my opinion is...

do you think thats why the pakistan j-10 has been delayed to 2014-2015?

i would be really glad if you could answer my question!!!

do you think thats why the pakistan j-10 has been delayed to 2014-2015?

i would be really glad if you could answer my question!!!

According to ex acm the reason is purely financial and we just finished our specifications so it needed to be different then what can be bought now. Besides that in 5 years the plane can mature.

Your english is fine buddy! :)
J-10B was just a rumour until the authentic pictures came out a few months ago.
Seele, how about a supercruising J-10 by around 2015? Are there any rumours about a turbofan more advanced than WS-10A (possibly WS-15) completing development by that time? The reason I ask is that according to a very respected poster (he used to fly F-16 for the Pakistan Air Force), the Chinese offered two engines to Pakistan for J-10P (FC-20): one is a current engine (we believe this is the WS-10A), but the other is a next generation engine that is still being worked on by China (which we think must be WS-15). What do you think?

from my readings I think Pakistan has not gone for WS-10A immediatly because of its immaturity W-15 is still a distant possibilty as it will complement JXX which itself is distant so the only reason would be PAF is looking for airframe maturity and engine maturity

I think China will go for su33/35cause they can absorb the technology faster. The next plane will be true Chinese. A naval J10 won't be a true option cause the design is not handy (delta, canards, gear, intake) for carriers That is what my opinion is...

but CB rafael serves as an example

su33,possible。su35?hmmmm not very likely...

another rumour is navy have F18/SU hybrid version project...:argh:

ps,let's me explain why pla have so much rumour.we have nearly 0.4 billions Internet user,any chinese fourm is a disater.trust me.hard to tell what is ture,what is not...:devil: but if chinese fourm have some leak pics,i will post it here asap.:yahoo:

again apologize for my english level..regards.

w w w.fyjs.cn/bbs/htm_data/27/0908/201805.html

10.1 National Day parade plaaf training pics (j10 Air-air Refueling ,jh7,z9,etc)

plz del the space between www

regards.

god...i hate my isp..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom