What's new

Check out my Babur Cruise Missile chart.

I don't think so, could rewrite a few things though if you can:
1. It is not in service yet, was only tested first in 2005.
2. Change "Liquid fuel jet engine" to "Turbojet engine".
3. Babur-II is not the extended range version, so skip that part. It will take a while for the extended range version to arrive.
4. Check on the speed again, I guess it was Mach 0.7.
5. Change "TEL" to "Multi-tube TEL".

"The President said Babar Cruise Missiles are being tested to enhance their range from 500 to 1000 kms."

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Government has prepared comprehensive plan to equip armed forces: Musharraf

I don't think so, could rewrite a few things though if you can:
1. It is not in service yet, was only tested first in 2005.
2. Change "Liquid fuel jet engine" to "Turbojet engine".
3. Babur-II is not the extended range version, so skip that part. It will take a while for the extended range version to arrive.

Just a few questions:
1. Is Babur missile currently operational n if yes then since when?
2. Are there any plans to use turbofan engine instead of turbojet engine on Babur or Babur II?
3. Are Ra'ad n Babur different versions(air n surface) of the same missile n difference in range is due use of booster rocket in Babur?

Do, let me know if anything ought to be updated.

Babur_Specs.jpg
According to your chart, what is confusing is:

> Engine - Turbofan, rocket booster for launch
> Propellent - Solid fuel booster (for launch) and liquid fuel jet engine.

So, it has a turbofan engine as well as a liquid fuel jet engine? Strange!

Just a few questions:
1. Is Babur missile currently operational n if yes then since when?
2. Are there any plans to use turbofan engine instead of turbojet engine on Babur or Babur II?
3. Are Ra'ad n Babur different versions(air n surface) of the same missile n difference in range is due use of booster rocket in Babur?

1. Not yet, operational capability will be confirmed only when the system is user-tested.
2. Yes there are plans to go for a turbofan for extended range.
3. Yes, they are more or less the same (except length and airframe). No, the difference in range is because of lesser fuel capacity in Ra'ad.

According to your chart, what is confusing is:

> Engine - Turbofan, rocket booster for launch
> Propellent - Solid fuel booster (for launch) and liquid fuel jet engine.

So, it has a turbofan engine as well as a liquid fuel jet engine? Strange!

Yea its been pointed out by Haseeb already.

I just put it out here to pick out errors and to add more details for a chart i'll be making soon.

2. Yes there are plans to go for a turbofan for extended range.

Thanx btw does Pakistan itself manufactures its turbojet engines or they licence manufactures or they r imported?

yes boss look nice once i made too in Arabic . please if you make then have to make complete all of them so anyone who found them have full info

i make this one for understand ranges and names types of pakistani missiles in arabic
pakistanmissiles.png
Some people are again posting on facebook and claiming according to sources that Pakistan is working on Taimur with range of 7000 KM I hope its true

Are you telling that the Babur is not operational yet ??

Yes. How many he would have to write it?

To achieve the "operational" status, ALOT of testing and trials are needed..in multiple configurations..under multiple conditions..tested at multiple ranges (500km, 100km, 700km etc etc) and then Army conducts its own tests etc...

yes boss look nice once i made too in Arabic . please if you make then have to make complete all of them so anyone who found them have full info

i make this one for understand ranges and names types of pakistani missiles in arabic
pakistanmissiles.png
few mistakes........The name is Shaheen not Shaeen. Tipu's range is wrong

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom