What's new

Chasing the Dragon

India and China have taken two very different paths of economic growth, so talking about how far India is behind China would just be a fair guess.

There is no need to talk to him I reckon. He doesn't (want to) know what communism is,but still want to label countries as communist.
You have to understand that he has a certain undying hatred for Communists, ever since he fled from South Vietnam during the Vietnam war.

After Communism collapsed in 1989, he lost his great enemy. It's only natural for him to want to believe that his enemy is still alive.
Then we can say that Russia and China are guilty of:

- Chasing after a dream.
- The bloodiest experience and experiment yet in mankind's history.

Hope you guys learned your lesson...:lol:

here is quite revealing Chart which will dash all indians hopes of chasing the dragon to ground.

20111008_WOC579_0.gif

India and China have taken two very different paths of economic growth, so talking about how far India is behind China would just be a fair guess.

It is india that want to compare itself with China, I wonder if there were anyone in China ever want to compare China to a country like india.

Russia, Venezuela, Singapore, etc. are nominally democracies that the USA either directly or indirectly characterize as authoritarian dictatorships. China has Communism with "Chinese Characteristics". China is listed as a "Market Economy" by many dozens of countries. The USA itself is a "Republic"....if you know what that really means. The "isms" that you refer to is nothing more than a vague qualifier on a very complex discussion. Your belief in Cold War style categorizations is ignorant in today's reality. This sort of ideological indoctrination that is common in the USA can be balanced by international exchanges such as this forum.
Wrong...Here as in that other discussion. These 'Cold War style categorizations' are just as useful historical artifacts as terms like 'medieval' or 'feudal' to describe past societal characteristics. We continually use those characteristics today in teaching how societies evolve over time and under pressures, internal and external. No different than with ideological and political characteristics. International forums like this one serves to bring real life experiences to balance out the mental gymnastics of those who have no such experiences in trying to whitewash the atrocities committed by those who denied human nature in chasing the communist dream.

It is india that want to compare itself with China, I wonder if there were anyone in China ever want to compare China to a country like india.

Not really. We don't want to compare ourselves to a country like China.

Some in the media want a spicy story and play up these things to get eyeballs. Most of us couldn't care less.

You really dashed all our hopes.

Now how about correcting your flags? ;)

Ahh never mind that.... its common to see a certain nationality identify themselves as Indian these days, perhaps they are too ashamed to reveal their true colors for fear of embarrassment. ;)

You really dashed all our hopes.

Now how about correcting your flags? ;)

Ahh never mind that.... its common to see a certain nationality identify themselves as Indian these days, perhaps they are too ashamed to reveal their true colors for fear of embarrassment. ;)

Some people think themselves to be whole and sole thekedars of Indian state that they go on muzzling the voices of dissent from Kashmir to Kerala and Gujarat to northeast and then cry when same people become Maoist ,IM etc and then blame it on neighboring countries as escape route for its own created woes.Such thekedars are nothing more than propagandist.

We should stop trying to emulate China . Chinese growth is very much under special circumstances . One party authoritarian rule , focused on growth at all costs , relatively homogeneous population with negligible minorities etc .

India has a different scenario --with diversity , excessive political activity and opposition over any action , govt apathy . Our progress should not be stringed and measured to the Chinese system.

Our success will be effective decentralization, moderation , taking into account the aspirations of the local people -both political and social.
As for issues of national importance , we can bring a nationalistic Govt to power through our democratic process.

And we have loads of democratic examples --the U.S , EU nations , Australia , Japan etc to compare as far as living standards and wealth is concerned.

Some people think themselves to be whole and sole thekedars of Indian state that they go on muzzling the voices of dissent from Kashmir to Kerala and Gujarat to northeast and then cry when same people become Maoist ,IM etc and then blame it on neighboring countries as escape route for its own created woes.Such thekedars are nothing more than propagandist.

I just have a feeling about who you may be.

Never mind. ;)

Wrong...Here as in that other discussion. These 'Cold War style categorizations' are just as useful historical artifacts as terms like 'medieval' or 'feudal' to describe past societal characteristics. We continually use those characteristics today in teaching how societies evolve over time and under pressures, internal and external. No different than with ideological and political characteristics. International forums like this one serves to bring real life experiences to balance out the mental gymnastics of those who have no such experiences in trying to whitewash the atrocities committed by those who denied human nature in chasing the communist dream.
Categorizations are only useful if they are accurate and your use of certain categorizations is categorically wrong. Your descriptions of certain governments is stuck in a time warp and straight out of the Washington Post, Heritage Foundation, Fox News and other such neocon publications. This sort of ideological thinking is the main reason why America has almost completely wasted the positive world sentiment that it once possessed even among its nominal allies. Try to learn from history and not act so blindly in the name of that ideology because you are actually hurting your own cause.

You have to understand that he has a certain undying hatred for Communists, ever since he fled from South Vietnam during the Vietnam war.

After Communism collapsed in 1989, he lost his great enemy. It's only natural for him to want to believe that his enemy is still alive.
Why do you keep calling "gambit" Vietnamese as if it's a derogatory thing? I have never seen him behave like a Vietnamese in any way whatsoever. He has always struck me as either a middle-aged American nationalist or possibly an ethnic Indian nationalist living in America. Besides, does it matter at all? This is beginning to make you look bad. I'm just saying...

Dude. We compare ourselves with USA, Russia, Sri Lanka and every other country. It is just to improve ourselves. We will continue to do so.

Why do you keep calling "gambit" Vietnamese as if it's a derogatory thing? I have never seen him behave like a Vietnamese in any way whatsoever. He has always struck me as either a middle-aged American nationalist or possibly an ethnic Indian nationalist living in America. Besides, does it matter at all? This is beginning to make you look bad. I'm just saying...

I didn't actually. :no:

Read my post again. I was explaining to another member why gambit has such a grudge against Communism.

Back
Top Bottom