What's new

CCAV revealed j-10's radar

As always your posts are appreciated for its sheer entertainment value :smitten:. I am curious to know, why do you bring MMR into the discussion. Especially since TamilKhan did a great job at debunking your buddy's theory ...

"To enlarge an AESA radar’s field of view, however, there are 2 basic approaches. One involves supplementary radar modules, configured to cover new areas but integrated into a common system. The other, which SELEX Galileo is already pursuing via the Gripen NG’s forthcoming “ES-05 Raven” radar, involves an AESA radar array coupled with mechanical scanning."

While coupling radar array with the mechanical scanning the thickness of the moving part will increase. Now compare all of them.

"To enlarge an AESA radar’s field of view, however, there are 2 basic approaches. One involves supplementary radar modules, configured to cover new areas but integrated into a common system. The other, which SELEX Galileo is already pursuing via the Gripen NG’s forthcoming “ES-05 Raven” radar, involves an AESA radar array coupled with mechanical scanning."

While coupling radar array with the mechanical scanning the thickness of the moving part will increase. Now compare all of them.

There are two schools of thoughts on mechanical scanning, one group argue moving parts increase maintenance cost and make the radar less reliable while the other group argue the benefits are well worth the increased cost. With the swash plate approach the only benefit I perceive is the ability to keep the target in the field of view for a marginally longer duration - is it worth it? I'm not sure? But I'm sure the Ibris gimbal approach is a bit excessive IMO especially when you consider pilot workload.

There are two schools of thoughts on mechanical scanning, one group argue moving parts increase maintenance cost and make the radar less reliable while the other group argue the benefits are well worth the increased cost. With the swash plate approach the only benefit I perceive is the ability to keep the target in the field of view for a marginally longer duration - is it worth it? I'm not sure? But I'm sure the Ibris gimbal approach is a bit excessive IMO especially when you consider pilot workload.

And your point is ?

And your point is ?

I'm sorry did I misunderstand - didn't you say "now compare"? The point I was trying to make is no one is really sure if the benefits of mechanical scanning outweigh the cost? We will learn over time as these systems get deployed and used extensively.

aimarraul-albums-22235-28789-picture2579-1004121106ed19773d59cfb2a9.jpg

aimarraul-albums-22235-28789-picture2580-1004121105e0de7a167b40e4c2.jpg

aimarraul-albums-22235-28789-picture2582-10041211060ab1e98442a2d066.jpg

aimarraul-albums-22235-28789-picture2581-1004121105c85ce499c5082242.jpg

dont even want to know what she is talking about.............this girl in uniform is HOTTTT............

yar tum logon nay pi rakhi hai ? aunty ko hot hot bolay ja rahay ho :rolleyes:

anyways lets talk about the radar now shall we :)

now thats news to me.

china bought Su30MKK not for Air combat superiority purpose, at that time PLAAF didn't have modern attacker except obsolete Q-5. They have J-10 and J11, why do they need Su30MKK?

PLAAF was not interested in NAVY's JH-7, until JH-7 and JH-7A have served the NAVY for a while.

Yes
but uniform is sexy

I she working for the Chinese military, like spokewoman for the military? What could be her rank? From the decorations on the uniform it seems she is pretty high ranking.
Or is she a TV presenter wearing military uniform?

I she working for the Chinese military, like spokewoman for the military? What could be her rank? From the decorations on the uniform it seems she is pretty high ranking.
Or is she a TV presenter wearing military uniform?

her name is wang xiaoyan. According to her resume, she was graduated from military college majoring news. So I think she has a rank in PLA

"Sometimes, you have to look at something for a long time and then hit yourself on the side of the head. Take this image from the MAKS Moscow air show, showing the NIIP Irbis-E radar of the new Su-35 fighter.

It's a radar on a gimbal, you might say. Nothing unusual about that.

But it's also an electronically scanned array (ESA). Which means that its electronic scan angle is added to its mechanical scan angle. The result is that while most fighter radars scan to 60 degrees off the nose, the Su-35 radar covers twice that volume.

c63620e7-b7c8-4610-b512-0a825f643bd9.Large.jpg

And how is this related to the Radar in pic posted by topic starter?
The one in that chinese pic is an MMR, with an antenna swash plate for mechanical scanning.But the one you talking about is of a PESA clubbed with a gimball for more scan angle in azimuth and for good look down and up sectors.

As always your posts are appreciated for its sheer entertainment value :smitten:. I am curious to know, why do you bring MMR into the discussion. Especially since TamilKhan did a great job at debunking your buddy's theory ...

May I know,how my post became a great entertainer to "her highness"?:what:
the pics in my post disnguishes physical similarities and dis-similarities between phased array and MMRs.
I am not taking chance of going deep into general layouts and assembly structures of respective radars.

Is it you behaving ignorant or basically u r ?what tamilkhan talked about is a PESA and what we are seeing in pic is an MMR.

And how is this related to the Radar in pic posted by topic starter?
The one in that chinese pic is an MMR, with an antenna swash plate for mechanical scanning.But the one you talking about is of a PESA clubbed with a gimball for more scan angle in azimuth and for good look down and up sectors.

May I know,how my post became a great entertainer to "her highness"?:what:
the pics in my post disnguishes physical similarities and dis-similarities between phased array and MMRs.
I am not taking chance of going deep into general layouts and assembly structures of respective radars.

Is it you behaving ignorant or basically u r ?what tamilkhan talked about is a PESA and what we are seeing in pic is an MMR.

This should be fun, what according to you is an "MMR"?

Back
Top Bottom