What's new

Çay Bahçesi

Wait, what exactly do you mean with this?
Well, when I was studying there were some married Saudi women who were in UK with their husbands who did nothing except sit at Starbucks and chat.....when asked the ladies said their husbands get paid leave to accompany and eventually apply as language student studying English or something.....But they start with free paid leave :D ( I forgot what the limit was but it wasnt very short)

Well, when I was studying there were some married Saudi women who were in UK with their husbands who did nothing except sit at Starbucks and chat.....when asked the ladies said their husbands get paid leave to accompany and eventually apply as language student studying English or something.....But they start with free paid leave :D ( I forgot what the limit was but it wasnt very short)
Well, i misunderstood it somehow so i wanted you to explain it further. :lol:

Basically about researching the real meaning of hadiths since many of them are mis-interpreted due to radicalisation.
I dunno, maybe they are doing good.... :meeting:

Well, i misunderstood it somehow so i wanted you to explain it further. :lol:
And i understanding nothing.

"get paid leave to accompany" what this means ? :what:

Basically about researching the real meaning of hadiths since many of them are mis-interpreted due to radicalisation.

As far as I know, Turks (Turkey/Ottoman) have always been more modern and relaxed than the Arabs, especially those of the Arabian peninsula. It's because of our proximity to Europe I reckon. Heck, Ottoman sultans and officers gladly drank alcohol and didn't even keep it a secret. They had a ton of 'girlfriends' also (not everyone, but many, it was sort of accepted). So Turks have always been more progressive. But still, today at the office, where all Turks fast, except me, I said to the lawyer 'bekle, arkandan su dokeyim', because he's going to drive to Turkey in his new car and he almost got angry. A jokey environment became quite serious, he said it's superstition, 'we're muslims here'. Well damn. So you never know. And these are highly educated, semi-secular people.

Anyway, I think this is a good initiative. I wonder how it works out with Erdogan's islamist rhetoric.

But still, today at the office, where all Turks fast, except me, I said to the lawyer 'bekle, arkandan su dokeyim', because he's going to drive to Turkey in his new car and he almost got angry. A jokey environment became quite serious, he said it's superstition,
Seems like a retard...it's more of a custom/tradition.....

If you look at Nazar boncuğu, it's supersition as well but almost every Turk uses it...even I do. :)

Even in PDF time to time i placed tiny images of "Nazar boncuğu" in my posts if it was a good development news ....protection against jealous Iranian eyes :D (don't get mad :lol: )

Seems like a retard...it's more of a custom/tradition.....

If you look at Nazar boncuğu, it's supersition as well but almost every Turk uses it...even I do. :)

Even in PDF time to time i placed tiny images of "Nazar boncuğu" in my posts if it was a good development news ....protection against jealous Iranian eyes :D (don't get mad :lol: )

Awesome. Yeah indeed. Perhaps he didn't mean it that way, but he's quite religious though. Anyway, I love those little traditions. You guys ever do Lades? Or knock on wood (even though that's quite global).

"get paid leave to accompany" what this means ? :what:
It means for some months you get paid not to come to work but be with your wife in foreign land....prob coz according to their rule women cant travel without marham....

after the said period (some months cant recall how long) they get vacation which is unpaid but by that time they enroll in some uni as a student (usually to study English) and are on scholarship ....When wife graduates, husband enrolls in a degree course and they stay out of Saudi for another 1-2 yrs....

Life is soo smooth for them :(

It means for some months you get paid not to come to work but be with your wife in foreign land....prob coz according to their rule women cant travel without marham....

after the said period (some months cant recall how long) they get vacation which is unpaid but by that time they enroll in some uni as a student (usually to study English) and are on scholarship ....When wife graduates, husband enrolls in a degree course and they stay out of Saudi for another 1-2 yrs....

Many Saudi Arabian women (Saudi Arabia has more students at US universities per capita than any other country in the world and only fourth in total numbers behind 1.3 billion big China, 1.2 billion big India and 52 million big South Korea)

More Saudi Arabians studying in the U.S. - latimes

are traveling completely alone or with other Saudi Arabian women to study abroad. It depends on the family and the family situation. If she is already married she will of course mostly travel with her husband and if she is not married and comes from a more conservative family she will travel with her elder brother or father or some other male relative.

Most of those male relatives already have a degree obtained in KSA or elsewhere or work in KSA so that is why most when abroad with their wife pursue English studies as that is more logical and that also improves their English skills.

See here for more information. It's all written there.

http://www.sacm.org/pdf/StudentsGuide_English.pdf

Most of those male relatives already have a degree obtained in KSA or elsewhere or work in KSA so that is why most when abroad with their wife pursue English studies as that is more logical and that also improves their English skills.
I dont have problems with whatever your system is...I was impressed but it did sound a little weird...

The interesting bit is the husbands get paid even when they are in UK....paid leave which lasts MONTHS is very unheard of hence why I said:

as compared to us...

I dont have problems with whatever your system is...I was impressed but it did sound a little weird...

The interesting bit is the husbands get paid even when they are in UK....paid leave which lasts MONTHS is very unheard of hence why I said:

as compared to us...

For some it might sound weird that unmarried females (some below the age of 18) are traveling with male relatives when going abroad to live in foreign country x or y for the first time but for us it is completely normal or at least for the traditional/conservative families. There are also more liberal families that have no problem with sending their daughters abroad on their own.

Well, the husband/male relative that travels with her wife/sister is leaving his job so he must have compensation. It's actually not a good business for the government but investments in education at leading universities (if we are to be honest ME standards are not exactly comparable to the US or West yet) is the best investment that you can make. If you ask me this was a very intelligent move by KSA and I have noticed that other Muslim countries have followed suit and are now also sending their students abroad. I think that Pakistan does that too.

Last edited:
very intelligent move by KSA and I have noticed that other Muslim countries have followed suit and are now also sending their students abroad. I think that Pakistan does that too.
I have met people from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Oman on scholarships....Yes Pakistan does that but no country sends their mahram fully funded and compensated...Hence why I pointed this out as being exclusively from Saudi...Nothing wrong if you can afford it.....Helps keep the family together :tup:

@Sinan @xenon54 @Targon @ timur @tesla and others

wut does this mean

Management (English) (UOLP-Leeds Beckett)
İşletme (İngilizce) (UOLP-Leeds Beckett)

UOLP is uluslararası ortak lisans programları (International joint/partner undergraduate programmes). half of the year you study in turkey, another half you study abroad. according to google, Leeds beckett is a university in england. so, half of the year you study in turkey, another half you study in england.

Back
Top Bottom