What's new

Çay Bahçesi

I believe Urdu is from Persian Zabān-i-Urdū ‘language of army camp’ it developed as a lingua franca after the Mogul invasions from Central Asia. It evolved around the soldiers camps and interactions with locals. The root is from Turkic Ordu. Horde in English?

I have a test tomorrow and was learning for 6 hours today, we were 3 people in my place who should have attended the test but only i got approved (fml) so my boss said im the one holding our banner there (not helping at all) my head is exploding and i dont wanna live on this planet anymore but other than that im pretty good. :D
My condolences.. :)

How are you?

Growing up .. I've learnt that it's not cool to burden others with your troubles ..... Spread/share happiness with others not sorrows.. :tup:

lol working in a karkhana ( kerhanacı lafı burdan geliyor yani ) or factory :D

Depends ... It can be said in that sense aswell..:)

The Best Turkish Eymologic dictionary which was written by an Armenian :(
Shame on us.
Nişanyan - Türkçe Etimolojik Sözlük

Hz. GOOGLE
Etymology
is the study of the history of words, their origins, and how their form and meaning have changed over time. By extension, the term "the etymology (of a word)" means the origin of the particular word.

For a language with a long written history, etymologists make use of texts in these languages and texts about the languages to gather knowledge about how words were used during earlier periods of their history and when they entered the languages in question. Etymologists also apply the methods of comparative linguistics to reconstruct information about languages that are too old for any direct information to be available.

By analyzing related languages with a technique known as the comparative method, linguists can make inferences about their shared parent language and its vocabulary. In this way, word roots have been found that can be traced all the way back to the origin of, for instance, the Indo-European language family.

Even though etymological research originally grew from the philological tradition, currently much etymological research is done on language families where little or no early documentation is available, such as Uralic and Austronesian.

Growing up .. I've learnt that it's not cool to burden others with your troubles ..... :tup:
Are you trying to say something? :D Should i not be allowed vent out my frustration out on the Internet? :tsk:

Next month the taxes are gonna rape me too and i will probably have to attend another course outside of the country, then i need money for holidays, then im broke again till xmas, and now you tell me you dont wanna hear my first world problems? :argh:

Are you trying to say something? :D Should i not be allowed vent out my frustration out on the Internet? :tsk:

Next month the taxes are gonna rape me too and i will probably have to attend another course outside of the country, then i need money for holidays, then im broke again till xmas, and now you tell me you dont wanna hear my first world problems? :argh:

Not at all brother..

Taxes? Screw em.. I'm gettin married .. And my salary as a junior associate doesn't ever cover my expenses ... Can't beg my parents for money to take care of my wife...

Although I still take financial support from my parents ... But you get the idea..

And to top that.. I'll be moving to England (I dont really like Britain) for my LLM and will have to take my wife along with me..

You think you had it tough!

The Best Turkish Eymologic dictionary which was written by an Armenian :(
Shame on us.
Nişanyan - Türkçe Etimolojik Sözlük

Hz. GOOGLE
Etymology
is the study of the history of words, their origins, and how their form and meaning have changed over time. By extension, the term "the etymology (of a word)" means the origin of the particular word.

For a language with a long written history, etymologists make use of texts in these languages and texts about the languages to gather knowledge about how words were used during earlier periods of their history and when they entered the languages in question. Etymologists also apply the methods of comparative linguistics to reconstruct information about languages that are too old for any direct information to be available.

By analyzing related languages with a technique known as the comparative method, linguists can make inferences about their shared parent language and its vocabulary. In this way, word roots have been found that can be traced all the way back to the origin of, for instance, the Indo-European language family.

Even though etymological research originally grew from the philological tradition, currently much etymological research is done on language families where little or no early documentation is available, such as Uralic and Austronesian.
Bizim sultan senin cumhubaskanin ile Rusyaya nerdeyse meydan okuyor su dakikalarda. :D

Not at all brother..

Taxes? Screw em.. I'm gettin married .. And my salary as a junior associate doesn't ever cover my expenses ... Can't beg my parents for money to take care of my wife...

Although I still take financial support from my parents ... But you get the idea..

And to top that.. I'll be moving to England (I dont really like Britain) for my LLM and will have to take my wife along with me..

You think you had it tough!
Hehe for some reason i consider myself lucky now. :D

Jokes a side i wish you success in whatever you are trying to do. :)

Bizim sultan senin cumhubaskanin ile Rusyaya nerdeyse meydan okuyor su dakikalarda. :D
Bizde bir tane lider olur. Padisahim cok yasa:)
Ukrayna haberlerinde ben pek bisey goremedim. Buralardakimse ilgilenmiyor artik, artik baydi bu meydan okumalar:)

@kollang bro plz our friendship worth more than this u know me im not a troll and i dont speak ill of anyone but i have short temper for racism you should check his comment before attacking me nvm i will never forget your help you are as always my dude even if u dont consider me as yours i wish u well and success in your life
Seems like we all lost temper so fuckin bad...

I apologize my bro.this comment was so manly of you.read your explanation about the reason you quoted warfareknow from here.it's OK.I should have never said those words to you.specially the last ones.I hope our friendship last forever.

I have a bad memory of this.@Sinan always used to involve the whole Turkish section whenever he had a fight with Iranian members.

@T-123456 thats so kind of you.thanks

Anyway I saw an image of Baklava, firstly I got to say you guys cant even pronounce it right cause its Baghlava.lol

secondly I have have it in Qazvin (a Turkic city-by your definition- in Iran where I study in), Tabriz and Istanbul(to be precisely in Istiklal street).you realy need to try the one in Tabriz.Turkish one sucks in comparison to that.just like how our kabab Turki is better than your own doner kebab.LOL

Thirdly, please dont kill me, It was just jokes.real jokes anyway.

Yup. But pictures won't make do, you need to taste the real Turkish specialties in Turkey, like Gaziantep, Urfa, Istanbul, Kayseri. Every city has its own distinct foods, the best is Kayseri kitchen of course, and naturally me being a Kayserili makes no difference :D
gaziantep-tartismasiz-dunyanin-fistik-ve-baklava-baskentidir-2.jpg

This gorgeous sweet is Baklava, specially great in Gaziantep
I am not even food lover but this is making me to try the Turkish food. :)

But the best rice in the world from Pakistan or India. I dont eat other kind of rice for a lon time. I addicted the Indian rice.
Your rice bigger and more delicious.
No doubt about it. Even if I enjoy the cuisine of other countries,but I end up loving Pakistani food. :)

Your language comes from ours,well at least alot of words are the same.
Urdu=Ordu
Our food is not as spicy as yours but comes close and there is a big variety of dishes.
I believe we have a thread on Turkish food,ill try to find it.

Btw,let me introduce you to the Turks,and friends.

Guys,@Ammara Chaudhry is a sister like @Akheilos from Pakistan.

@Sinan @asena_great @xenon54 @telkon @UkroTurk @Neptune @waz @madmusti @what @Timur @Ceri @Armstrong @Levina @Akheilos @DESERT FIGHTER @XenoEnsi-14 @Lure @Combat-Master @Azeri440 @Bismarck @Successwill @Ahiska @Bubblegum Crisis @cabatli_53 @u.MP @Oublious @KediKesenFare @Yellow-place @Saithan and all others.

Well yes Urdu is derived from Arabic and Turkish. Also is very similar to Persian.
I love spicy food though. And thanks for warm welcoming. :)

Yo Ammara welcome, pleasure to meet you lol

Hello. :)
Thanks for welcoming. :)

Nice to see you @Ammara Chaudhry, have a nice time. I congrulate you and all female members with the 8 Mart passed celebration.

Thanks and I'm surely gonna have a great time here. :)

Hi (sorry for bad English) :)

Hey. :)
Haha. You don't have to be sorry. We are on same page...my English is very poor. :p

@Ammara Chaudhry welcome to our tea house

Thank you. :)

--------

Thank you so much mates for such a warm welcoming. It was really humble of you all. And for sure I'm going to have a great time knowing more about Turkiye and its culture, food, and of course people.
I figured many Pakistani mates are already on this thread and great to see the exchange of values and love.
And @T-123456 a special thanks to you brother for introducing me to such nice people and the food of course. Also for welcoming with calling sister. So much respect I felt. It was lovely to read it. Thank you.
Have a best one all. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom