What's new

Cavusoglu: Pakistan want to join MILDEN

Pakistan should also consider these and make it a standard patrolling vehicle

images (15).jpeg
images (16).jpeg

I really Hope this news turns out to be true. It's a win-win for both countries. Turkey gets a partner who shares the development cost and Milden Project is still in early phase Pakistan can get what it wants.

From what I hear, the MILDEN is a secretive project, so the Turkish Navy may not want its critical info leaving their hands in any way (perfectly understandable).

The PN might be working on an in-house sub for the future, so it's inviting the Turks to help. However, I don't think the sensitive IP from the MILDEN will make it to a future PN sub. Rather, the PN (via NRDI and MTC) could be working on their own IP (and/or look to get tech others are willing to provide), and build around that.

From what I hear, the MILDEN is a secretive project, so the Turkish Navy may not want its critical info leaving their hands in any way (perfectly understandable).

The PN might be working on an in-house sub for the future, so it's inviting the Turks to help. However, I don't think the sensitive IP from the MILDEN will make it to a future PN sub. Rather, the PN (via NRDI and MTC) could be working on their own IP (and/or look to get tech others are willing to provide), and build around that.

Two platforms for second strike capability were the target a few years ago - at expected 1900 tons I wonder if the goal is to supplement and supplant the 90B’s?

Ther is nothing secret, ther will be critical parts like the AIP and the non magnetic steel. Ther are going on projects like the feull cell, this need to be serviced in Germany when you use your AIP. We will able to serviced it our self, every time you give service you need to pay Germans 200k dollar if i remember correct.

Beside that we al ready have started the AIP projects 4 years agom that is going on secretly. Ther is no information anymore avaible:-).

Two platforms for second strike capability were the target a few years ago - at expected 1900 tons I wonder if the goal is to supplement and supplant the 90B’s?
Possible. Interestingly, in 2017, STM (which is owned by the Turkish Gov't) seemed to have invited the PN to work on the TS1700.

I guess this is the IP Turkey's willing to share with others (while the 'MILDEN' is restricted to the Turkish Navy). If the Turkish Foreign Minister is right, I imagine the PN is willing to work on the Turkish proposal.

1612211549338.png

Pakistan should also consider these and make it a standard patrolling vehicle

View attachment 712590View attachment 712591
100% agreed bro.
Possible. Interestingly, in 2017, STM (which is owned by the Turkish Gov't) seemed to have invited the PN to work on the TS1700.

I guess this is the IP Turkey's willing to share with others (while the 'MILDEN' is restricted to the Turkish Navy). If the Turkish Foreign Minister is right, I imagine the PN is willing to work on the Turkish proposal.

View attachment 712622
Is TS1700 a midget sub or a smaller MILDEN??

View attachment 712622
Maybe it would be a derivative - not a “monkey” model but perhaps missing Turkey specific equipment.

100% agreed bro.

Is TS1700 a midget sub or a smaller MILDEN??
No. TS1700 is a full-sized conventional sub.
Maybe it would be a derivative - not a “monkey” model but perhaps missing Turkey specific equipment.
I agree. It could also be a literal vehicle for the PN to access marquee Western sub-systems (e.g., German AIP, UK sensors, etc) without setting-off China flags.

Pakistan want to join MILDEN sub project....
i hope this is true
and army please take a look
for country like turkey and Pakistan it make sense to work with projects together both are strategic life long allies and economy of scale will help both countries, turkey going alone will simply not be cost effective

essentially involving PN could double the orders of any project

both will be similar size economy in 10-15 years (unless we go through another geo political strategic blunder)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom