What's new

Cavusoglu: Pakistan want to join MILDEN

From what I hear, the MILDEN is a secretive project, so the Turkish Navy may not want its critical info leaving their hands in any way (perfectly understandable).

The PN might be working on an in-house sub for the future, so it's inviting the Turks to help. However, I don't think the sensitive IP from the MILDEN will make it to a future PN sub. Rather, the PN (via NRDI and MTC) could be working on their own IP (and/or look to get tech others are willing to provide), and build around that.
You are quite right Howeverthe cooperation in MILDEN project is very likely to stem from a cooperative engagement through a two-way ToT.... I am not making any predictions right now.... But possibility is quite real

part 2 of the tweet. the engines are really becoming the bain of our troubles.

2 of them will be produced in Karachi. The American Congress did not get permission to purchase ATAK helicopters' engines. We will work together in this area. We will increase our pressure on America. "
As for gas turbine marine engines Turkey has formed JVs with Ukraine. As for the Ukrainian MILGEMs, they will use their own engines....

Pakistan has the requirement for atleast another 8 submarines on top of the current 8 Yuan class submarines being procured. It is respectable that the PN is putting so much resources into the submarine fleet. Just in the last few years they have done the following:

- AIP upgrades via Turkey for 3 agosta 90b subs
- Acquisition of 8 Chinese Yuan class subs
- Indigenous production of X class midget submarines
- Research and interest in producing Nuclear powered ballistic missile submarines

and now keen interest in the MILDEN project. I just hope this time around 100% of the components are fully turkish so as to not be prone to sanctions. In all over the next decade PN will more than tripple its current submarine fleet. Also the minds at the PN should get a promotion and be transfered to the PAF.

I really Hope this news turns out to be true. It's a win-win for both countries. Turkey gets a partner who shares the development cost and Milden Project is still in early phase Pakistan can get what it wants.

Would be a good idea. By the time MILDEN is ready to be inducted we might possibly be considering phasing out Augusta-90B & would have already phased out Augusta-70.

Pakistan has the requirement for atleast another 8 submarines on top of the current 8 Yuan class submarines being procured. It is respectable that the PN is putting so much resources into the submarine fleet. Just in the last few years they have done the following:

- AIP upgrades via Turkey for 3 agosta 90b subs
- Acquisition of 8 Chinese Yuan class subs
- Indigenous production of X class midget submarines
- Research and interest in producing Nuclear powered ballistic missile submarines

and now keen interest in the MILDEN project. I just hope this time around 100% of the components are fully turkish so as to not be prone to sanctions. In all over the next decade PN will more than tripple its current submarine fleet. Also the minds at the PN should get a promotion and be transfered to the PAF.
I could not agree more. As Turkey progresses West/US is increasingly likely to pull their hands back to hinder it. We just need to ensure we enter into a project where component provision is assured or nearly assured via local Turkish supply chain. We do not want another T129 saga.
A

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom