What's new

Career in the ISI

Assalm-o-Alaikum
My name is Muhammad Junaid and i have done my graduation in computer sciences from University of the Punjab.whenever i think about ISI I feel that the time comes when i would join ISI. I am curious to join ISI.Some one plzzzzzzzzzz let me know that when ISI recruits in September than will ISI advertise it in the newspaper.I am ready to take any kind of test to join ISI but i want to know the proper dates of test and recruitment process.Plzzzzzzzzzz some one help me
with regards
Muhammad Junaid

w salam mr usman
brother u can join ISI as a AD after completing ur education .u have to give a exam of fpsc and join ISI .

Pizza?
I thought they put a dead horse (head) in your bed while you're asleep. :confused:

Those are the Italian Mafia who put dead horses head in ur sleep and it is from the movie godfather ....:yahoo:

Dear whats that AD?

I mean what kind of Job an AD do? :)

can u plz give more details on AD etc ...
thanks ...

hope this helps u,

Post Name: Assistant Director
Eligibility: 01. Age 21 to 35
02. Qualification: Bachlor's Degree (Prference will be given to those who possess Masters or higher degree in subjects of Economics, Political Science, IR, Defense and Strategic Studies, and Compter Science/ IT)
------------------------------------------

STEPS FOR QUALIFYING AD ISI TEST PROCESS:
1.WRITTEN EXMANINATION. PAPERS ARE CHECKED BY SENIOR ISI OFFICIALS.

2. INTELLIGENCE AND PSYCHOLOGICAL TEST LIKE ISSB.
3. THOSE QUALIFY STEP 1 AND 2 ARE CALLED FOR INTERVIEW BY SELCTION BOARD CONSISTING OF 5 MEMBERS COMMITTEE HEADED BY GRADE-22 ISI Officer and FOUR MEMBERS OF GRADE 21- ISI OFFICIALS.
4. SECURITY CLEARANCE
5. MEDICAL

===========

Written Examination.

Two papers
1. Essay
2.Current affairs

1.Essay: 100 Marks Time 3 hrs

You will be given abt five essays. You will have to attempt any one. Your essay must be of at least 2500 to 3000 words.

--Woman Related Issue
--Democracy in Pakistan
--Economic Development in Pakistan
--Corruption and accountability in Pakistan
--Energy Crisis
--Global War against Terror and its Future
--Conflict or Dialogue among Civilizations
--Nuclear Proliferation
Prepare these topics coprehensively. Other tpics for essay will be from Current affairs. so prepare best for Current affairs paper.

2. Current Affairs 100 Marks

You will have to opt 5 questions only.

One question will be Compulsory and it will be of MCQs type.
Now You will have to attempt 4 questions out of 9 remaining. All will be descriptive. One question will be of notes; u will have to attempt two notes if u are attempting that question.
Note: Current Affairs paper will be like CSS IR+Current Affairs paper. So take help from previous years CSS IR papers.

Topics:
Read All National Issue:
Baluchistan Distrubance,
Waziristan and War On Terror,
Charter of Democracy and Future of Pakistani politcs,
Personalised politics in Pakistan,
Future Military Role in Pakistani Democracy etc
Energy and Water Crises
Earthquacke Reconstrcution

---International and Reginal Organisations and Allainces :
UNO, OIC, GCC, EU, NATO, SCO, SAARC, et al
---UNSC Reforms
---Nuclear Proliferation
---WTO and Globalisation and its impact on SAARC countries
---India-USA Relations
---India-Pakistan Relations an Progress on Compsosite Dialogue
---Pakistan-China Relations and Cooperation in All Areas particulary Defense
---Pakistan-Iran and Regional Dynamics and IPI- Gas Pipleline
---Pakistan-Afghanistan Relations and Taliban Factor
---Iran-USA and Nuclear proliferation
---Pakistan-USA Strategic Dialogue and future
---Foreign Policy of USA, India, China.
---Global Warming
---Geo-political and geo-strategic importance of Pakistan
---Political Culture of Pakistan and Democratic Future of Pakistan

Im not sure if ISI really works for the interest of pakistan.

I also wanted to join ISI couple of years ago but some of the things I heard abt ISI made me change my mind. Patriotic pakistani people would prefer to stay away from ISI. They should better join the army or do something else to help pakistan rather than joining ISI.

After all discussions I will give you advice that you as an engineer come to Pakistan and contribute yourself in Pakistan . This the best way.

I am sorry but I have to say this.
Boys and Girls ISI is nothing like CIA , FBI just because it is an Intelligence Agency every one thinks they will be 007 one day or have the same power.
Remember facts.
It is run by the Army mostly so the most you can grow is a section chief and that will take you 20 to 25 years.
If you really want to serve Pakistan than there are 1000s of other jobs, If you have the brains and want to do some good for your country than do FPSC, CSS . join as a grade 17 as a ASP , Assist Controller, Foreign Office, Astablish Div, Min Of Defense, Min of Interior and many more.
Just Think about it \what has ISI done in the last 40 years have they done anything good for this country or caused problems and aroused suspitions in every thing from
----------------- you all know.
Fine the only interesting thing I have ever read was that all the other agencies of the world combined who have billions of dollors on there disposable ISI has done more than them in the field of Intel. The way they work is from Bottom down they hire people at a very young age or who are very low in Rank. ( its a saying if you want to know everthing about an office make friends with the secretary).
Look you all have to choose you own career but before that do some research, call the closest Pakistani embassy and talk to a Second or 3rd foreign secretary. Ask them how they got the job and what other options they had after FPSC.

Back
Top Bottom