What's new

Career Advice !

Not that great; but my friends are working for decent audit firms.

If you've passed the ACCA in the first go or if you've got a strong reference there are always jobs available for you as an audit trainee with a decent audit firm; once you've completed your 3 year work experience its that work experience that gets you a good job not the ACCA per se.

But my recommendation would be that you go for an undergrad degree instead from a good university and if you're interested in ACCA then go for it because having an insurance policy to fall back on is a good thing.

I'm currently in the middle of applying for graduate studies in finance.
i have cleared F module and attempted p1 and p3 in this attempt but was unable to clear some papers in first attempt so i think dont need an insurance policy (or do i still need it). and as i spent most of my life in ksa i have no reference in Pakistan and have no idea how to get internship here can you give any advise regarding my situation (currently living in Lahore).

i have cleared F module and attempted p1 and p3 in this attempt but was unable to clear some papers in first attempt so i think dont need an insurance policy (or do i still need it). and as i spent most of my life in ksa i have no reference in Pakistan and have no idea how to get internship here can you give any advise regarding my situation (currently living in Lahore).

I dunno mate. Perhaps going back to KSA might not be a bad idea; I hear the Middle East values ACCA quite a lot.

Otherwise here in Lahore; go to SKANS....enroll in a program there and coordinate with their career counselling people there...I think that'll be good. Two of my friends got an internship like that.

Not that great; but my friends are working for decent audit firms.

If you've passed the ACCA in the first go or if you've got a strong reference there are always jobs available for you as an audit trainee with a decent audit firm; once you've completed your 3 year work experience its that work experience that gets you a good job not the ACCA per se.

But my recommendation would be that you go for an undergrad degree instead from a good university and if you're interested in ACCA then go for it because having an insurance policy to fall back on is a good thing.

I'm currently in the middle of applying for graduate studies in finance.
Well I would recommend MBA or CFA . There is more scope for this even in Europe and ME

Well I would recommend MBA or CFA . There is more scope for this even in Europe and ME

MBA from a good university is always valuable or so I understand. But I don't think that CFA is gonna be a big seller in the Pakistani Market because our capital markets are not mature enough to absorb something like that. I've met CFAs but I haven't seen them doing an iota of what they're been taught to do.

MBA from a good university is always valuable or so I understand. But I don't think that CFA is gonna be a big seller in the Pakistani Market because our capital markets are not mature enough to absorb something like that. I've met CFAs but I haven't seen them doing an iota of what they're been taught to do.
In Pakistan definitely CA or ACCA is valuable. In Europe the demand of MBA is quite high and CFA is good for ME. In UK lot of my friends did ACCA but they are not doing some thing better

In Pakistan definitely CA or ACCA is valuable. In Europe the demand of MBA is quite high and CFA is good for ME. In UK lot of my friends did ACCA but they are not doing some thing better

what use is a CFA in ME ? Or you meant that CFA is actually good for you ("ME" as in YOU and not middle east)?

wall street is where a CFA belongs. And there's great opportunities and have always been in the USA.

There's still a small number of companies based in pakistan that sell financial research online...they employ CFAs, BBAs, MBAs, etc...with obvious preference on CFAs.

Bhai yeh kya, baniyon wala kaam ??

@Armstrong So what's the progress of your ACCA?have you moved on ICAEW/CFA or not?
I am ACCA affiliate plus OBU BSc and CIA part 1&2 cleared.

Back
Top Bottom