What's new

Car market - India/Pakistan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
@RiazHaq

Any chance you could give us the (i) total sales of cars per annum in both India and Pakistan. Also (ii) the annual imports. Finally (iii) per 1000 car ownership rates. Thanks in advance. I just want to see which country has more access to automobiles.

comparing vehicle sales with car sales...............
does your vehicle sales include trucks, buses and motor cycles?
and don't give wiki data, post some credible source

Man, there is google. You can verify the figures. India has one of the largest automobile industry in the world. In terms of sales in Asia it is behind China. I guess the corresponding figures in China is 8 million per annum.

Are you sure the 4 million figure is correct. According to this > Car sales growth stuck in slow lane - The Times of India 18.57 laks were sold. Correct me if I am wrong that is 1.8 million?

And Pakistan imports large amount of cars. Maybe 100,000 per annum. That figure you gave is only domestic production.

And @ito would you have reliable per 1,000 car ownership rate?

Ps. Yes, I agree Wiki is open to "wild flights of fancy in particular anything to to do with South Asia"

Are you sure the 4 million figure is correct. According to this > Car sales growth stuck in slow lane - The Times of India 18.57 laks were sold. Correct me if I am wrong that is 1.8 million?

And Pakistan imports large amount of cars. Maybe 100,000 per annum. That figure you gave is only domestic production.

And @ito would you have reliable per 1,000 car ownership rate?

Ps. Yes, I agree Wiki is open to "wild flights of fancy in particular anything to to do with South Asia"

You could be right. I don't have the cars figures. I guess 4 million include Bus, Truck, Cars and all other four vehicles.

I know there is google and how to use it. I don't need to verify anything, just asked a simple question, if you don't have the answer say so, or keep quite, it's not a debate or d*&k measuring competition.

Man, there is google. You can verify the figures. India has one of the largest automobile industry in the world. In terms of sales in Asia it is behind China. I guess the corresponding figures in China is 8 million per annum.

The maths don't addup. There is some thing amiss with the above figures.

Nothing wrong with this. Few years ago I recall looking into this and Pakistan had far more cars per 1,000. With all the talk of economic miracle I was wondering about the situation now. The gap appears to have narrowed but Pakistan is still in the lead.

Nothing wrong with this. Few years ago I recall looking into this and Pakistan had far more cars per 1,000. With all the talk of economic miracle I was wondering about the situation now. The gap appears to have narrowed but Pakistan is still in the lead.

Let us take the new vehicles. India produces 2.6 million cars (according to SIAM) per year, while Pakistan produces 150000 cars - ratio of 17.4. The ratio of population of India to Pakistan is 7. Meaning vehicle penetration is 2.4 times greater in India than in Pakistan in the recent year.

Unless Pakistan produced extraordinary high number of car than India before 2000's - which I think is highly unlikely, the figures you quoted is not right.

Back
Top Bottom