What's new

Car market - India/Pakistan

Let us take the new vehicles. India produces 2.6 million cars (according to SIAM) per year, while Pakistan produces 150000 cars - ratio of 17.4. The ratio of population of India to Pakistan is 7. Meaning vehicle penetration is 2.4 times greater in India than in Pakistan in the recent year.

Unless Pakistan produced extraordinary high number of car than India before 2000's - which I think is highly unlikely, the figures you quoted is not right.

I don't know why you guys always enjoy this kind of comparisons with Pakistan. Trying to find a little comfort for your wounded ego? Pathetic!

Pakistan vehicle per capita is higher than india despite the fact that vehicle are cheaper in india compared to Pakistan because if i remember correctly,Pakistan people spend alot and save little

dont know about national figures but the number of new vehicles registers each day in Delhi is about 1400.

Adds up to about 30000 each month. This spikes around now during Diwali & Dhan Teras when its considered auspicious to buy metal.

No space on the roads & parking lots .

On an average over the last 10 years, India car sales were 15 times (1947305/134523) the car sales in Pakistan with 6 times the population. I'm pretty sure you can deduct per capita now.

The population differantial is 6.5. Thus 6.5 times 134,523 = 874,399. In addition to the local production at least 25 to 30% cars are imported. Please do your research on that to confirm this. If you include that 25% of 134,523 = 908,000.

Which means going by your figures India sold slightly twice more cars then Pakistan.

India-Car-sales-during-FY-2015.jpg

And car ownership rate in India and Pakistan appear to be same and hover around 18 per 1,000. Please see World Bank data below.

Motor vehicles (per 1,000 people) | Data | Table

And I am not entirely of the sales figures your quoting. They seem on the inflated side. Refer to extract from Times of India.

Car sales growth stuck in slow lane - The Times of India

Going ahead, sales outkook in the New Year looks even worse as car prices have moved up substantially and vehicle financing continues to remain expensive. A total of 18.51 lakh cars were sold in the domestic market in 2014, lower than the 18.67 lakh units that were sold in 2010, an analysis done by TOI of numbers provided by Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (Siam) shows. This despite the fact that a number of new models have hit the market in the last four years and a relatively-younger population is among those hitting the showrooms.

Last edited:
Man, there is google. You can verify the figures. India has one of the largest automobile industry in the world. In terms of sales in Asia it is behind China. I guess the corresponding figures in China is 8 million per annum.

It took a genius to figure this out. now that you are on the wisdom spreading spree can you also tell us which of the two Asian countries have the largest population in the world? I tried googling it and it came up with nothing.

List of countries by vehicles per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan 57/1000
India 18/1000

but as in every other case, everyone lies about India...if you want truth about India you should only Ask an India!

Let us take the new vehicles. India produces 2.6 million cars (according to SIAM) per year, while Pakistan produces 150000 cars - ratio of 17.4. The ratio of population of India to Pakistan is 7. Meaning vehicle penetration is 2.4 times greater in India than in Pakistan in the recent year.

Unless Pakistan produced extraordinary high number of car than India before 2000's - which I think is highly unlikely, the figures you quoted is not right.

you dont look at production, you look at sales better yet registeration...but in Pakistan every 5th car is unregistered smuggled car. China produces 23 million cars doesnt mean chinese buy 23 million new cars.

So basically, every statistics about India and or Pakistan shows that nothing about India and Pakistan is correct on papers

I don't know why you guys always enjoy this kind of comparisons with Pakistan. Trying to find a little comfort for your wounded ego? Pathetic!

because they want to be a super power by 2020 and have white servants working in every Indian household and only way this can be achieved is by beating Pakistan in every field.

There must be more no of cars in India ,as prices are much lower than Pakistan.

because they want to be a super power by 2020 and have white servants working in every Indian household and only way this can be achieved is by beating Pakistan in every field.

First have a look as to who started this thread, and secondly, India has already beaten Pakistan in each and every field long ago, be it economy or technology .

First have a look as to who started this thread, and secondly, India has already beaten Pakistan in each and every field long ago, be it economy or technology .

No mate... actually...

Pakistan mangoes >> Indian mangoes
Pakistan cricket team >> Indian cricket team
Pakistan missiles >> Indian Missiles
Pakistan military >> Indian Military
Pakistan Auto mobile Industry >> Indian Automobile Industry
Pakistan Movies >> Indian Movies
Pakistan democracy (?) >> Indian democracy
Pakistan infrastructure >> Indian infrastructure

etc... etc..

It took a genius to figure this out. now that you are on the wisdom spreading spree can you also tell us which of the two Asian countries have the largest population in the world? I tried googling it and it came up with nothing.

List of countries by vehicles per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan 57/1000
India 18/1000

57/1000 seems to be wrong data for pakistan. The source cited in wiki for Pakistan is from a world bank data from 2010, which give both India and Pakistan same number of 18/1000 vehicles, not only cars, which could be even lower than this.
The original source is not available online ,so one has to use wayback machine to view it.
Also Pakistan haven`t done any census in recent time , so population data used for calculation is outdated , also somebody mentioned many vehicles in Pakistan are unregistered ,so any data about Pakistan is basically unreliable , even if it comes from world bank or any other credible source.
Motor vehicles (per 1,000 people) | Data | Table

I don't think he's coming back here mate, but do expect new threads soon though ..

Gas Oven market in India-Pakistan
Food processor market in India-Pakistan
Badminton shuttle cork market in India-Pakistan

Where I can guarantee you that he will dig data up doing his
The population differantial is 6.5
thing to prove that Pakistan makes and sells more Gas Ovens, Food processors and Badminton shuttle corks than India.

:coffee:

I don't think he's coming back here mate
Yeh. Survey carried out by calling Ganga's "Do you have a car". Given your propensity to boast and brag I am surprised the figure is not even higher. This sample is only good as the honesty/modesty of respondents. And we know Gangadeshi are class acts in telling fibs.

I wonder how many of those Gangoo's from India told the truth that instead of driving Mercededz Benz coupe the truth was they were tied like animals to these contraptions below? Zero I bet.

an-indian-hand-pulled-rickshaw-puller-runs-with-passenger-in-the-eastern-H20AFN.jpg

*There are estimated to be 2 million Indian's being used as drought animals but bet all told Pew they drive Mercedez.

Link > https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/man-as-beast-india.402799/

@Chinese-Dragon

Yeh. Survey carried out by calling Ganga's "Do you have a car". Given your propensity to boast and brag I am surprised the figure is not even higher. This sample is only good as the honesty/modesty of respondents. And we know Gangadeshi are class acts in telling fibs.

I wonder how many of those Gangoo's from India told the truth that instead of driving Mercededz Benz coupe the truth was they were tied like animals to these contraptions below? Zero I bet.

an-indian-hand-pulled-rickshaw-puller-runs-with-passenger-in-the-eastern-H20AFN.jpg

*There are estimated to be 2 million Indian's being used as drought animals but bet all told Pew they drive Mercedez.

Link > https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/man-as-beast-india.402799/

@Chinese-Dragon

Get off your tattered and battered Road Prince Bike
130965668_1_1000x700_my-road-prince-lahore.jpg

and look at the poor souls around you.

pakistan-rawalpindi-rajah-bazaar-men-pulling-cart-loaded-with-chairs-a6cx12.jpg

I guess they ain't driving mercs either eh????

And as far as truthfulness of mullahs go .. Ain't Bangladesh still a part of Pakistan?

https://www.dawn.com/news/1204953/history-in-pakistan-has-been-badly-treated

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom