What's new

Car bomb almost goes off in NYC

Put him in shackles in Times Square and see if he can live through the day. If he does? He goes FREE.

I give him 1 minute.

I feel sorry for all the Indians and Sikhs living in U.S.A. They get the worst of the discrimination.

Yes, I should apologise to Indians, unfortunately a lot more of them get beaten up here in UK too because people think they're pakistani's and they give them a good roughing up.
:rolleyes::disagree:

Last edited:
Yes, I should apologise to Indians, unfortunately a lot more of them get beaten up here in UK too because people think they're pakistani's and they give them a good roughing up.:lol:
:rolleyes::disagree:

Sweet of you to sympathize with people of other communities.

But if you do have a heart, please do laugh like that while saying the same in front of the relatives of Balbir Singh Sodhi who was gunned down outside his gas station because his killer wanted to "kill the ragheads responsible for September 11."

Can you dare say you represent the psyche of an average Pakistani?

Sweet of you to sympathize with people of other communities.

But if you do have a heart, please do laugh like that while saying the same in front of the relatives of Balbir Singh Sodhi who was gunned down outside his gas station because his killer wanted to "kill the ragheads responsible for September 11."

Can you dare say you represent the psyche of an average Pakistani?

I am talking about uk only where thankfully no one has been killed in such an incident.

I am not commenting on the US situation and the laugh was for some poor guy from India who was describing his beating when he was called a pak1 which is normal for all south Asians but he said I am not pak1 but he got beaten even more because he said that. The way he was talking would make any man cry with laughter. Also they got beaten up even before 911 so it's not a dig at the terrorist situation.

Last edited:
This guy is an asshole like Kasab.These people should be added in Pakistan's Traitor List.They are damaging Pakistan's Rep.Don't **** in the same plate in which you eat.Why can't these people get their **** together and move back to Pakistan if they don't like America?

This guy is an asshole like Kasab.These people should be added in Pakistan's Traitor List.They are damaging Pakistan's Rep.Don't **** in the same plate in which you eat.Why can't these people get their **** together and move back to Pakistan if they don't like America?

We don't want them back here. :disagree: They come here get funded by R.A.W. and do stupidity.

This is sad. What is more sad is he claims he got training in pakistan. I don't believe what he was trying to do required any training at all. Not to mention it failed. Vin number+engine block ftw.

The media is reporting that Faisal Shahzad, the accused NYC car bomber, is the son of AVM Bahar ul Haq. They're stating that he's a former DG or DDG of the CAA. While I don't remember names of previous DG and DDG CAAs, I'm pretty sure Bahr ul Haq is the guy who started the PAF Aerobatics Display Team, the pide of Pakistan, The Sherdils. I'm pretty sure he is the same guy.

Faisal Shahzad went to Southeastern University in 1998 to obtain an undergraduate and after completing grad studies at Bridgeport, became a permanent resident in the US in 2006 and a citizen in 2009.

Although, he is entirely their responsibility; a NIC clearly means that eh had dual citizenship and had not returned his Pakistani citizenship. Apparently, his wife and one kid are in Karachi as well and some friends and family members have been picked up by officials in Karachi. There are contradicting reports about arrest though, not an usual event in Pakistan.

Overall, a bad bad event for us.

Update : News Confirmed

Faisal Shahzad’s father vacates Peshawar house
Wednesday, May 05, 2010
By Javed Aziz Khan &

Mushtaq Paracha

PESHAWAR/NOWSHERA: Air Vice Marshal (R) Baharul Haq, father of Faisal Shahzad, the accused in New York’s failed bomb plot, hurriedly vacated the family home in Hayatabad town here late Tuesday apparently to avoid attention.

Eyewitnesses said he packed some belongings in a vehicle and left the house located in Phase IV of the posh Hayatabad town along with male and female members of the family. Their destination wasn’t known.

Earlier, members of the media, in particularly TV crews had converged on the house in a bid to talk to family members and learn more about Faisal Shahzad, who was arrested Tuesday in the US on charges of plotting the vehicle bomb attack and now accused of an attempted act of terrorism. However, nobody in Air Vice Marshal (retd) Baharul Haq’s household or the neighbours were ready to talk to reporters. A Geo TV reporter was shown outside the house trying to engage in conversation with neighbours. Some people in the neighbourhood expressed ignorance about Faisal Shahzad’s arrest in the US.

Air Vice Marshal Baharul Haq retired from the Pakistan Air Force some years ago. Maj Gen (retd) Tajul Haq, reported to be his brother, served as the Inspector General of Frontier Corps (IGFC) in the past.

Tribune adds:-
Shahzad is thought to have pursued graduation studies from the Pakistan Air Force Government Degree College in Peshawar before leaving for the US to pursue business studies.

We have many military brats here. It is inevitable one of us might turn out to be an acquaintance, a school fellow, a class fellow or a gali mate.

Last edited:
BBC:-

Mr Shahzad, 30, became a naturalised US citizen on 17 April 2009.

Sources have told the BBC that he is the son of retired Air Vice Marshal Bahar-ul-Haque, a former head of Pakistan's Civil Aviation Authority, but this is unconfirmed.

He was a little bit strange. He didn't like to come out during the day
Brenda Thurman, former neighbour

His family is said to come from the northern frontier city of Peshawar, close to the strongholds and training grounds of the Taliban.

Mr Shahzad married there two years ago, the sources added. His wife and at least one of their two young children are currently believed to be living in Karachi with relatives.

Pakistan's Interior Minister, Rehman Malik, told the BBC that Mr Shahzad had made eight to 10 visits in the past seven years, and had travelled to several locations including Karachi and Peshawar.

His most recent visit to the country was in early February.

The minister said there was no evidence at this stage that Mr Shahzad had links to militants, but added that investigations were just beginning.

Mr Malik also said there had been no arrests so far in Pakistan, contradicting local media reports that said Mr Shahzad's father-in-law and another man who spent time with him had been detained.

Guardian:-

In Pakistan, intelligence officials said several people had been detained in connection with the Times Square case.

Shahzad admitted to receiving bomb-making training in Waziristan, the lawless tribal region where the Pakistani Taliban operates with near impunity, but there is no mention of al-Qaida in the complaint filed in Manhattan federal court.

National Post:-

Shahzad was born in Karachi, Pakistan’s financial capital, and later moved to the United States. He became naturalized as a U.S. citizen on April 17, 2009. Mr. Shahzad reportedly returned to Pakistan between July and August 2009, and traveled to Peshawar, a gateway town to areas where the Pakistan army and the Taliban are engaged in conflict.

Not much is known about Shahzad, although officials said some members of his family still reside in North Nazimabad, a middle class suburb of Karachi. The BBC is publishing unconfirmed reports that he is the son of retired Air Vice Marshal Bahar-ul-Haque, a former head of Pakistan’s Civil Aviation Authority. The Associated Press reports that Shahzad recently returned from a five-month trip to Pakistan, where he may have a wife. According to Reuters, Shahzad received militant training in northwest Pakistan near the garrison town of Kohat, which is a stronghold of Tariq Afridi, the Pakistani Taliban commander in the region.

According to a Karachi security official, Pakistani police arrested several people Tuesday — including family members and a friend of Shahzad — in connection with the car bombing attempt.

CNN:-

Shahzad's father is a retired senior officer in the Pakistani Air Force, Shahzad's cousin, Kafayat Ali, said Tuesday.

The father, Bahar Ul Haq, a former air vice marshal, lives in the Peshawar suburb of Hayatabad in what is now Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa province, formerly the North West Frontier Province.

"This is certain, that these people, they never indulged in any criminal activities," Ali said. "Not a family member. Not the village from which both of these people belongs, none of the village members involved in any criminal activities or any jihad activities."

Shahzad also has a brother named Amir who lives in Canada, a police source said.

Last edited:
Wonder why these fanatics come to Western countries if they hate us so much. Why not stay in their country and live in their own happy world with their fundamentalist concepts rather than attempting to spread terrorism in countries world around and then condemning a Western reaction as "racist" or discriminatory.

This is very strange.

I do not normally believe in conspiracies or anything....

but just look at the guy! He has a facebook, a loving wife, an education, and a home, how can someone like that turn into a cold-blooded terrorist all of a sudden? Same with Nidal Malik Hasan.

I'm starting to think something wicked is going on.

Wonder why these fanatics come to Western countries if they hate us so much. Why not stay in their country and live in their own happy world with their fundamentalist concepts rather than attempting to spread terrorism in countries world around and then condemning a Western reaction as "racist" or discriminatory.

fundamentalist concepts?

He went to strip clubs.

Back
Top Bottom