What's new

Capt. Hercharn Singh,first Sikh Commissioned Officer in Pakistan Army

He was an ADC man... Known as the sweetest job in Pakistan. We have had ADCs marrying the PMs daughter in Pakistan.

Now he'll have some chance to see action in the new role. Hope he kicks Taliban butt! If they hadn't publicized it so much, they could have just given him some covert roles too.

Tried to PM but realized I need more track mileage to do so.

In answer to the Q .. Yes, & great days too.

We have to catch up, they may seem great in retrospect but if IMA is anything like PMA, I bet you hated yourself then!

Nicking bread from the mess and sleeping on company floor, gorkha, hands down and splashing.........Oh the life of a cadet! Passes like a pain but sticks forever! So what happened? Did you leave IMA or serve and retire?

We have to catch up, they may seem great in retrospect but if IMA is anything like PMA, I bet you hated yourself then!

Nicking bread from the mess and sleeping on company floor, gorkha, hands down and splashing.........Oh the life of a cadet! Passes like a pain but sticks forever! So what happened? Did you leave IMA or serve and retire?

Double Breakfast !

The most important meal of the day..and then sleeping through the academics classes, pretending to drop a pencil .. looking down & sleeping..getting nabbed.. front rolling or running around the academic block..

Cannot imagine how one ate almost a loaf of bread with porridge / corn flakes, sausages / beacon, four ( minimum) fried eggs , milk / juice all this in 10 - 15 minutes flat !.. and did justice to lunch as well !!

Double Breakfast !

The most important meal of the day..and then sleeping through the academics classes, pretending to drop a pencil .. looking down & sleeping..getting nabbed.. front rolling or running around the academic block..

Cannot imagine how one ate almost a loaf of bread with porridge / corn flakes, sausages / beacon, four ( minimum) fried eggs , milk / juice all this in 10 - 15 minutes flat !.. and did justice to lunch as well !!

My lord! Same story. Only, we ate porridge in 3 minutes and the bread/eggs went into our pockets for later :p:

Yes... the names give to blokes back then still stick , their wives & children cannot comprehend why the now 'docile' looking rascal was called names like the kind that occasionally slips out in their presence.. many unspeakable ones.

I may add that the traits displayed & identified back then were bang on & accurately summarized a man & proven with time.

Yes... the names give to blokes back then still stick , their wives & children cannot comprehend why the now 'docile' looking rascal was called names like the kind that occasionally slips out in their presence.. many unspeakable ones.

I may add that the traits displayed & identified back then were bang on & accurately summarized a man & proven with time.

True that, your's truly was called CBC, "Chota Bara Cadet" (among my less obscene names :p:) for the difficulty that staffs had to live with in deciding whether I was the tallest short cadet, or the shortest tall cadet, thereby deciding where I would be placed in the marching party.

320772_10151513671679130_1873024457_n.jpg

Capt. Hercharn Singh,the first Sikh as Commissioned Officer in Pakistan Army. He was commissioned in Baloch Regiment. Currently, he's serving as an ADC to a Corps Commander__!!

paa ji tussi great ho__!!

Good to see that

Capt. Hercharn Singh,the first Sikh as Commissioned Officer in Pakistan Army. He was commissioned in Baloch Regiment. Currently, he's serving as an ADC to a Corps Commander__!!

Isn,t pakistan rangers part of pakistan army? What about Lt amerjeet singh of pakistan rangers?
afghan3.jpg

BeB4GCHCIAADsqI.jpg

Last edited:

Nice but some thoughts:

Is he not considered a Non Believer or Kaffir ?
Will he be able to practice his religious duties ?
When there is war with India will he be able to kill Indian Sikh soldiers without any hesitation ?

Nope...Partition ke waqt jahan East Punjab khalliii ho giyaa Muslims seiii tou wahan West Punjab khaliii ho giyaa Hindus & Sikhs seiii ! Now & in the past the ones who remained were in pockets around Nankana, Hasan Abdal or Peshawar but ever since the Security situation going ape-sh*t most have left Peshawar & the Tribal Areas & settled in Punjab or immigrated elsewhere or left the country altogether.

Logically once the Partition was agreed and carried out, the animosity between communities should have reduced as there was no further cause left to fight for. In reality it has greatly increased. What explains that ?

Nice but some thoughts:

Is he not considered a Non Believer or Kaffir ?
Will he be able to practice his religious duties ?
When there is war with India will he be able to kill Indian Sikh soldiers without any hesitation ?
He is a non-Muslim and will be considered as one.
In army, non-Muslims get off duty during their religious holidays, so yes he is free to practice his religious beliefs.
He should be able to kill Indian Sikhs without any hesitation, because he has vowed to serve Pakistan, just like there are Muslims serving in the Indian military.

Back
Top Bottom