What's new

Can’t keep waiting for stealth fighter, India tells Russia

Simple point is China will have 5th Gen fighter around 2018/20 and so will Pakistan around same time frame.

So IAF dont want to be in possition where its main two adversaries have a generation lead for 5 to 6 years. They want that gap to be shorten. Just pressure tactics.

So what are options if " it cant be done " !!!!!
- buy a package deal for IN from USA. 30/35 F-35 with EMAILs or catapult .( frankly thats never gona happen )
- Buy early PAK-FA and later replace them with FGFA. ( something we did with MKIs )
- Fast track AMCA with a JV with Dasult. ( still it wont come before 2020 )
- Add more offshelf Rafales and with the help of French try making it like "Silent Hornet" - ( French will like that but it will be more expensive )
- Fast track and double production line for LCA MK-2 ( uneconomical and still couldnt predict the time line )

Do you believe china will sell their stealth plane at the same time as their own force ?
I don't even believe they ll even sell.. That to just 30-40 ?
What do they benefit for all the risk they take?

Let's face it; Tejas Mk1 is far more capable than MiG-21s that are flying even today. They have proven their safety records and it is not like IAF is going to fight a war right now. While we have the MKIs guarding the skies, the Tejas Mk1 can easily evolve after induction right now.

But there are some power brokers who are constantly and intentionally delaying the Tejas.

While I am least appreciative of the shoddy work that our PSUs do, there are some good things that are also done by them. Tejas took time and is ready. Something tells me that there is more to its delay than meets the eye.

The same way as 90% of our indigenous products taht are capable but are either rejected byt he top military men or by these PSU bosses itself who perhaps get a 'cut' of the imports.
IAF isnt the only party to blamed here. Lets say IAF listened to you decided to have 100 MK-1s. What do you think how much time will HAL take to make them. The best known production rate by HAL ( AFAIK ) for MKI is 16 after 8/9 years !!!!! So say at avg rate 10 it will need 10 years !!!!! So why not just stop and start induction MK-2 after 8 years ???

Last edited:
I dont think.That is why I said in an earlier posts Indians are squeezing the French not reverse.Now they dont have no choice but to accept that clause.
It's not gonna be possible to change the lame company culture of DRDO? You think French is God?

Or just India lacks confidence in HAL's efficiency and the ability to indegenize Rafale? How a nation shall ourtsource its efficeincy management to suppliers instead of its own? I think its very weird. Someone shed some lights?

What is indegenize Rafale?

If its meant to say Rafale as a whole made in India then yes, HAL is one of the partner of Dassault along with other defence companies in private sector.

What is indegenize Rafale?

If its meant to say Rafale as a whole made in India then yes, HAL is one of the partner of Dassault along with other defence companies in private sector.
Do you have confidence that HAL could make it on time without support from Dassault? It's a despotic clause that on one is gonna pony up the bill for it.

Do you believe china will sell their stealth plane at the same time as their own force ?
I don't even believe they ll even sell.. That to just 30-40 ?
What do they benefit for all the risk they take?
They have two projects. And why NOT ???
It perfectly aline with their regional goal. Keep India occupy with Pak while they deal with other things.
China has huge production base & money so making & leading 30/40 J-31 planes to Pak isnt big deal for them.

PS export version is always a water-down version.

Do you have confidence that HAL could make it on time without support from Dassault? It's a despotic clause that on one is gonna pony up the bill for it.

We had the confidence since the days it build and delivered trainer jets, plenty of Helis.Migs, sukhois on a regular basis.

You leave the worry of money to us.

We had the confidence since the days it build and delivered trainer jets, plenty of Helis.Migs, sukhois on a regular basis.

You leave the worry of money to us.
Sometimes i just wonder what will happen if China joint develop J31 with India together. although it not gonna happen, quite interested.

Back
Top Bottom