What's new

Can’t keep waiting for stealth fighter, India tells Russia

As I said lca was not killed by rafale. Just understand their roles in IAF and capabilities.Lca is not inducted due to inefficiency of Hal.True Af.

Killed by all the other expensive foreign imports.

Like I said, how can domestic industries (like our Lenovo) ever become great, if all we buy is foreign brands like Sony and Apple?

They can make a good computer too right, so why do we need Lenovo?

Why not just more expensive foreign imports.

As I said lca was not killed by rafale. Just understand their roles in IAF and capabilities.Lca is not inducted due to inefficiency oe f Hal.True Af.

Let's face it; Tejas Mk1 is far more capable than MiG-21s that are flying even today. They have proven their safety records and it is not like IAF is going to fight a war right now. While we have the MKIs guarding the skies, the Tejas Mk1 can easily evolve after induction right now.

But there are some power brokers who are constantly and intentionally delaying the Tejas.

While I am least appreciative of the shoddy work that our PSUs do, there are some good things that are also done by them. Tejas took time and is ready. Something tells me that there is more to its delay than meets the eye.

The same way as 90% of our indigenous products taht are capable but are either rejected byt he top military men or by these PSU bosses itself who perhaps get a 'cut' of the imports.

I don't doubt capabilities of lca,the program should have been completed by now and inducted too.
Let's face it; Tejas Mk1 is far more capable than MiG-21s that are flying even today. They have proven their safety records and it is not like IAF is going to fight a war right now. While we have the MKIs guarding the skies, the Tejas Mk1 can easily evolve after induction right now.

But there are some power brokers who are constantly and intentionally delaying the Tejas.

While I am least appreciative of the shoddy work that our PSUs do, there are some good things that are also done by them. Tejas took time and is ready. Something tells me that there is more to its delay than meets the eye.

The same way as 90% of our indigenous products taht are capable but are either rejected byt he top military men or by these PSU bosses itself who perhaps get a 'cut' of the imports.

Do you think its reasonable to take Rafale for responsibility for delay instead of HAL? It sounds like a despotic clause.

I dont think.That is why I said in an earlier posts Indians are squeezing the French not reverse.Now they dont have no choice but to accept that clause.

Like I said, how can domestic industries (like our Lenovo) ever become great, if all we buy is foreign brands like Sony and Apple?

Tell me which plane KILLED lca?

Simple point is China will have 5th Gen fighter around 2018/20 and so will Pakistan around same time frame.

So IAF dont want to be in possition where its main two adversaries have a generation lead for 5 to 6 years. They want that gap to be shorten. Just pressure tactics.

So what are options if " it cant be done " !!!!!
- buy a package deal for IN from USA. 30/35 F-35 with EMAILs or catapult .( frankly thats never gona happen )
- Buy early PAK-FA and later replace them with FGFA. ( something we did with MKIs )
- Fast track AMCA with a JV with Dasult. ( still it wont come before 2020 )
- Add more offshelf Rafales and with the help of French try making it like "Silent Hornet" - ( French will like that but it will be more expensive )
- Fast track and double production line for LCA MK-2 ( uneconomical and still couldnt predict the time line )

LCA should have been up decades ago, it's not even "alive" right now, since it hasn't been inducted.

LCA MK1 is already inducted.Now we are going to freeze the design of Mk2.Once it did we will induct and fill all the Mig 21 place with LCA .

ToT is not an issue in Rafale deal..
Not entirely true, see this:
According to official sources, the negotiations have dragged on for so long also due to issues related to MMRCA's 50% offset requirement and transfer of technology. The French, it appears, are unwilling to transfer cutting edge technology such as that of the electronically scanned AESA radar while citing lack of maturity of the Indian defence industry to absorb such critical technologies as an excuse.

There is also a strong lobby of small and medium French enterprises that is against industrial offsets and sees it as a threat to the competitiveness of the French defence industry.
French team to visit India to put MMRCA deal on fast track - Financial Express

Yes correct. But what if the local industry isnt upto the minimum mark ???
Remember even if China has 1000s of cellphone companies Apple sale has the one of the biggest share in your market !!!!

Buying or locally manufacturing product give the local players a basic idea of know how. Other infra and services grow around them. Thats good.
Even if Rafale is costly but assembling it will upgrade the tooling and basic know how even if say all TOT is waste.
It will help local industry and that will benefit in next project AMCA or other.

Back
Top Bottom