What's new

Can't defend 338? You can't win the WC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
England has emerged as a formidable team...after long time.

India will be there in semi finals, but there onwards I dont gaurantee thier win, because of their flop bowling. India has very strong batting, but that alone does not gaurantee any success against SA's best bowling attack.

India has very little chance in world cup, the sub continent, have batting friendly pitches fielding and bowling becomes more important. We are very week in this area, we are trying to win world cup only by batting.

India has very little chance in world cup, the sub continent, have batting friendly pitches fielding and bowling becomes more important. We are very week in this area, we are trying to win world cup only by batting.

Let's hope that the last match has made them realise their gaping weakness.

Let's hope that the last match has made them realise their gaping weakness.

I hope, but you are expecting to turn things around when we are in world cup already. What were we doing it for fours years. IPL (Make money players also happy and BCCI also happy).

At one point in time we had so many good bowlers that we had bench and that was the time India was winning anything and everything. I do not know if you remember that phase. We did not do enough to make sure our bowlers are given proper attention and he continue to have good bowlers. We badly needed a bolwing coach but instead we dropped them. Good way to prepare for your weekness.

No one is fav in this cup. Any team can win it this time. Pakistan beating Srilanka and england India tie has made the tournament even more open. Inshort we will have an exciting world cup this time. stay tuned!!

4b145d69994cf86d8377665b26dd95d3_1298631081.jpg

44b60834c0cef150dce981327434ce5c_1298542215.jpg

2a0d5df46fb295e39ebd743df2c6c65f_1298542200.jpg

f4efd57271a077954ac98d6be754784e_1298542150.jpg

India's weakness is well known, its nothing new so i am not surprised. prepare pitches which start to break down in the 2nd innings and turn and bounce a little more, this will see the end of all non-asian teams in the cup. In this partiular match england was able to challange 338 because of the absence on spin and bounce. India is a batting heavy team and given that its a batsmens' cup they have a goo chance, but one off day in the batting will sink India.

yes thats the way you indian still bellieve that indian bowling attack is best in the world well this kind of joke i never think of in my life and never it will be keep your believes with you this well be good for us you dont want to understand straight forward things the fact is india cannot win this WC for sure

I said it once i will say it again. India Batsman Top notch they are unstoppable, India's Bowlers now that is a disater. I think we all know in our head that the Game should have belonged to England, India got abit lucky and if they didn't take powerplay 3 wat would have been the outcome. India is still strong no doubt about it but it lacks the bowlers which is a crucial thing that makes the game of cricket.

2 brilliant games happened this weekend the Crciket world cup is truly underway :)

Can't defend 338? You can't win the WC!

New Delhi: Cricket is not a one-way traffic zone and the Indian team - which probably thinks batting alone can win them the World Cup - was taught a lesson on Sunday by England who exposed the co-hosts' Achilles heel called fielding and the single-man bowling army called Zaheer Khan.

India were pushed into a tight corner by England even after posting an imposing total of 338, leaving Dhoni to scratch his head after Andrew Strauss' (158 off 145 balls) assault exposed the inefficacy of Indian bowling attack.

india-fielding-630.jpg

While bowlers like Shahid Afridi, Mitchell Johnson and Imran Tahir have been enjoying heydays, the Indian bowling unit has failed to deliver in the two games they have featured in so far in this World Cup.

The hemorrohage began in the game against Bangladesh where, after scoring 370 runs, the Indian bowlers leaked 283 runs. And the bleeding failed to cease on Sunday, when India had to recall Zaheer to take them out of jail when they looked dead and buried.

The English team also managed to rub India the wrong way by turning ones into twos, thereby opening up an old wound (fielding) that has failed to show signs of healing.

Slip-ups continued to be the order of the evening as half chances (Harbhajan Singh letting off Andrew Strauss) and regulation slip catches (Virat Kohli dropping Ian Bell) were spilled.

But worse was to come in the post-match presentation and press conference where Dhoni conceded that it's difficult to improve on the fielding front.

"We cannot improve the fielding. There are some slow fielders. We have got the talent to improve the bowling," Dhoni said at the post-match press conference.

Now when you have a captain saying that about his team, it not only shows the team physio and trainer in bad light but also sends out a wrong signal to the players who otherwise would have worked on their fielding.

Dhoni was also content with the tied result, probably becuase the match had already slipped out of India's hands until England ill-timed their batting powerplay.

"The way it was going, it seemed England would win it. So happy with the tied result. It may reflect as a win in the table," Dhoni said.

But Dhoni hit the nail on its head in his concluding comment when asked what is a defendable score for him with the resources he has got.

"If 338 is not enough, then perhaps in every match you will have to score 350-360 runs, which will be very tough to do."

That's exactly the point Mr. Dhoni. If 338 can't win you a match, what hopes fan can have to see India winning the World Cup!

link:

Can't defend 338? You can't win the WC! - World Cup 2011 - Cricket Next

I was under the impression that your batsmen had actually scored those runs, now you tell me that we had leaked them which implies that the credit for your scoring 283 also goes to us and not to your batsmen. All I can say is that I am sorry that I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom