What's new

Canada May Dump F-35, Open New Competition

What surprises me is that 15 & 18 have stealthy versions available but LM did not launched stealthy version of 16??? It could have been success because not all countries need 5th gen or afford them.

Teen don't have any internal weapon space, nor the powerful engine to support the Active jamming using its SABR Aesa Radar and with weapon on external Pylon, the purpose of stealth will loose. They however have better option Active Cancellation.

Teen don't have any internal weapon space, nor the powerful engine to support the Active jamming using its SABR Aesa Radar and with weapon on external Pylon, the purpose of stealth will loose. They however have better option Active Cancellation.

you didn't get my point,16 is one of the most lab tested jet it even have different wing and engine configuration if you remember XL variant and LM could make stealthy 16 variant based on F-35 or other available engine with EWPs just similar to 18s.

DO go beyond what you just quoted. The Blk 70 was "proposed," the aircraft that flew for the MMRCA was the UAEAF Blk 60. And Blk 60 is the most advanced flying version. A further 30 units of, Blk 61 were ordered (by the UAEAF) earlier this year. After delivery the remaining 78 ~79 will be brought up to Blk 61 standards.

Listen Indus Falcon what is you intention by the way. I was talking to some other guy when he quoted that F-16v is the Most advance teen in the world, now that too is proposed. F-16IN was also proposed to India and took part in MMRCA which was later cancelled but that plane was not only proposed but a fully developed plane aka F-16IN took part in the completion with the subsystems to demonstrate. Now that advanced F-16 block 60 you can called as F-16 block 70 or Block 60 ++, its your choice.

@WebMaster @Horus @Icarus
Now you people start reporting me as offtopic and derailment and report to mod because the topic of the thread is CANADA MAY DUMP F-35 and I am talking about F-16, Is it a strategy you people plays to got ban people, thats why you tag oscar, horus, and khafee

@Slav Defence
Sir, in this way any one could be banned for derailment. Its the game and the strategy to provoke me to speak about F-16 but the thread topic is F-35, so if reported I am derailing the thread and offtopic

you didn't get my point,16 is one of the most lab tested jet it even have different wing and engine configuration if you remember XL variant and LM could make stealthy 16 variant based on F-35 or other available engine with EWPs just similar to 18s.

Sir XL was the experimental only and I could not understand by how LM can the make stealthy 16 variant from F-35 Engine, because engine is not only the issue, the small size of teen don't permits the internal weapon bay, second the aerodynamic structure is not stealthy nor could be changed above what the law of physics dictates, third if you are thinking of Growler version with the teen than again you have single engine and fourth USAF and USNAF had already chosen their platform, so investing on a version won't be necessary and economical burden.

And Sir, as you have seen my above post, I don't want to speak about F-16 here because I have been banned from the pakistani section in the similar fashion because some people thinks I troll, derail the thread. Pls create another thread to discuss this version of teen in General Section.

Thanks and regards

Listen Indus Falcon what is you intention by the way. I was talking to some other guy when he quoted that F-16v is the Most advance teen in the world, now that too is proposed. F-16IN was also proposed to India and took part in MMRCA which was later cancelled but that plane was not only proposed but a fully developed plane aka F-16IN took part in the completion with the subsystems to demonstrate. Now that advanced F-16 block 60 you can called as F-16 block 70 or Block 60 ++, its your choice.

Now you people start reporting me as offtopic and derailment and report to mod because the topic of the thread is CANADA MAY DUMP F-35 and I am talking about F-16, Is it a strategy you people plays to got ban people, thats why you tag oscar, horus, and khafee

@Slav Defence
Sir, in this way any one could be banned for derailment. Its the game and the strategy to provoke me to speak about F-16 but the thread topic is F-35, so if reported I am derailing the thread and offtopic

Sir XL was the experimental only and I could not understand by how LM can the make stealthy 16 variant from F-35 Engine, because engine is not only the issue, the small size of teen don't permits the internal weapon bay, second the aerodynamic structure is not stealthy nor could be changed above what the law of physics dictates, third if you are thinking of Growler version with the teen than again you have single engine and fourth USAF and USNAF had already chosen their platform, so investing on a version won't be necessary and economical burden.

And Sir, as you have seen my above post, I don't want to speak about F-16 here because I have been banned from the pakistani section in the similar fashion because some people thinks I troll, derail the thread. Pls create another thread to discuss this version of teen in General Section.

Thanks and regards

Man size can be changed in new parents. Its much easier to make 16 stealthy version then any other jet, because it has been test bed of 5th gen tech and also many other things, so LM knows every expect about it.

@Slav Defence

Thanks and regards
Although I'm an infantry guy, your misconceptions about the F-16, are not something I cannot handle. Either open a new thread or ask your fellow countryman @MilSpec to clear your doubts.

Thanks!

Although I'm an infantry guy, your misconceptions about the F-16, are not something I cannot handle. Either open a new thread or ask your fellow countryman @MilSpec to clear your doubts.

Thanks!
Not a bad idea - F16V vs F16 Blk61. Let @knight11 open a new thread and I will provide details there.

Nonetheless, if someone bothers look at the technical differences, they will see that the The "V" is still below the Blk61.

Details later.

true, but norad has nothing to do with the air force. norad is a very long range radar used to detect and track ballistic missiles. unless f35's have a radar that acts as an extension to norad. which i doubt.

true canada does not have much of an option. but they may just live with it and operate lower numbers of f35's to maintain the costs.

but boeing will see this as an opportunity and propose a f18 which is more advanced to what they currently have. so thats a possible yet very likely solution.

NORAD is much more than a simple tracking radar to detect and track ballistic missile. NORAD is there to provide Aerospace Warning, Aerospace Control and even Maritime Warning and Control over the North American soil.

The motto for NORAD is Detect, Deter and Control. While it does not matter much for the Air Force Component during the detect part (It does actually as Airborne AWACS would still needed) the Early Warning and Control parts would mean the Air Force have to have similar structure in term of Aviation Doctrine and equipment simply because equipment dictate the doctrine. If the Canadian Air Force are using anything other than US Build Aircraft, then the doctrine used by CFAF would be different than the one the US is using.

When it come down to every bit of different count, stuff like how many hours you work your aircraft before you have to put it in the shop, or how long it take to turn over one aircraft, those number are country specific.

I do see eventually Canada would go for a lower number of F-35, but to be fair, F-18 may not have enough support post 2030, and unless Canada want to pick another aircraft to buy in just another 15 years time, upgrading to F-18 may not be a good option.

People sounds like F-35 is unworthy for purchasing?
They are totally wrong.
F-22 standalone as the most advance stealth fighters for decade, and every country just dream for it.
F-35 is the only choice that's available, and it would be the most advance design for another decade before any others could make a competitor of it.
Even after others reach that level, every country under US protection umbrella should think twice to adopt another system which may be incompliant with US system.

thamoibatbong%20(1).jpg

Canada's Decision to Not Buy F-35s Will Cause Prices to Hike for Everyone
The cost of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter will increase by $1 million per plane if Canada withdraws from the multi-nation effort to field a new stealth fighter, the program executive said on Wednesday.

Read more: Canada's Decision to Not Buy F-35s Will Cause Prices to Hike for Everyone

Canada should withdraw that will be good F35 has so many problems still

I think USA might allow F-22 for Canada. And Canada might prefer F-18 + F-22. They can also go for Eurofighter after all they host German EF in german base in canada. But for them the best is f-22 + f-18 reason canada don't need an expeditory airforce like USA. All it need is the F-22 for home security, and F-18 for all other as multirole+naval.
With Canada Usa have open borders, share unified electic system, so usa don't feel any threat or problem with canada
Canada won't get F-22 thats for sure. Israel is the first country that gets US weapons even when the case was regarding F-35 Obama made it loud and clear that outside america Israel would be the first nation to get F-35. F-22 is something that was not even given to Israel.Yes Canada and USA are preety close but they aren't as close as USA and Israel. Only 187 F-22 were made and then the assembly line was closed and Congress has put a ban on further production and even sales of F-22. This means that now even Lockheed Martin can not produce F-22 and leave aside sales.

As far as Canada's home security is concerned one thing is for sure no one can dare to fight Canada until and unless its ready to take on USA. Canada's geographical location ensures that any fight that is fought in Canada will find its way on US soil and USA can't allow that. This could mean US would use it F-22s is protect Canada but no chance they'll sell them.
Are their really any threats to Canada ??
I don't think they have any enemy but yes they are busy making one in ME
There isn't any threat to them and sure they can make as many enemies they can. However no one can touch them on their soil because they are quiet far from ME and to attack them one needs a very strong blue water navy. Even if someone does manage to get such strength do you think USN would allow a hostile navy in waters near USA?

Canada would have sorted the best way before making such statement and upcoming days will decide how it's gonna b

:coffee: Why do the Canadian Military needs sophiscated fighters like F-35 or F-22?

Who are they intending to fight anyway apart from the traditional policy of supporting US hegemonic policy in other countries.

The new 43 year old Canadian PM is very PRACTICAL and is certainly very LOGICAL with his decision.

This is only the beginning, mark my word. Who knows?

When he settle down, he may even relook the TPP agreement to scrutinize the content esp. the one on extension of pharmaceutical patent rights.

By cancelling the F-35 deal, Canada sew back the hole in the pocket. It is WASTEFUL.

There is No need for any J-31, F-22 or any other FGFA. Better to focus on exporting wheat, etc to all the nation around the world including Russia. If USA wanted to fight wars, let them.

Canada should instead enrich themself by selling arm to USA for her to continue with those useless war she can't win anyway e.g. Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc.

Would be stupid if Canada opened a new competition which the F-35 would inevitably win, and would be supremely stupid if Canada tried to exclude it (and illegal under Canadaian law).

Common sense hasn't stopped Canadian acquisitions flops before though, hopefully the new PM sees the light and is willing to put Canada's defense before his political platform.

Canadian Sea King replacement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wouldn't want to see the US performing intercepts over Canadian airspace in 15 years because Canada doesn't have a replacement and can't perform its NORAD duties.

Hvad en belastning af skrald! Canada er ikke interesseret i et dyrt stealth fly, de knap nok ville F- 35. De udskiftning muligheder er Typhoon, Rafale, Gripen og Super Hornet. Canada hælder mod Hornet.
Super er beste alternativet

Back
Top Bottom