What's new

Can we mail a Camera to Pakistan ?

YeBeWarned

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys i need help from you , I recently sold my Nikon D750 and now I am thinking to upgrade to D810 , and the price i am getting it in is 1100$ , thing is i find some good used cameras on Ebay in reasonable price, so i ask my wife to purchase it for me, but i don't know if she can mail it to Pakistan ? does anyone know my wife can mail a Dslr camera through Fedex or DHL like service ? if yes what would be custom duty or tax ?

@VCheng @Oscar @Tps43 @war&peace @Horus @Stealth @The Sandman @waz @OsmanAli98 @Mentee @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @ziaulislam @American Pakistani @MultaniGuy

Last edited:
Guys i need help from you , I recently sold my Nikon D750 and now I am thinking to upgrade to D850 , thing is i find some good used cameras on Ebay in reasonable price, so i ask my wife to purchase it for me, but i don't know if she can mail it to Pakistan ? does anyone know my wife can mail a Dslr camera through Fedex or DHL like service ? if yes what would be custom duty or tax ?

@VCheng @Oscar @Tps43 @war&peace @Horus @Stealth @The Sandman @waz @OsmanAli98 @Mentee @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @ziaulislam @American Pakistani @MultaniGuy
Custom duty would be higher if i am not wrong but i have heard horrible stuff about our customs staff like they keep your products and will demand money to release it etc. That's the thing that scares me most i hope i am wrong and these are very rare incidents. Btw if you're in Lahore why not try Hafiz centre for this kind of stuff?

Guys i need help from you , I recently sold my Nikon D750 and now I am thinking to upgrade to D810 , and the price i am getting it in is 1100$ , thing is i find some good used cameras on Ebay in reasonable price, so i ask my wife to purchase it for me, but i don't know if she can mail it to Pakistan ? does anyone know my wife can mail a Dslr camera through Fedex or DHL like service ? if yes what would be custom duty or tax ?

Not feasible due to taxes /duties

Custom duty would be higher if i am not wrong but i have heard horrible stuff about our customs staff like they keep your products and will demand money to release it etc. That's the thing that scares me most i hope i am wrong and these are very rare incidents. Btw if you're in Lahore why not try Hafiz centre for this kind of stuff?

Karachi mai hun yaar , Nikon D810 new mil rahe hai all are almost 240,000 pkr .. used lena hai mujhe puri sadar market ghoom li ek d810 nai mila .

Not feasible due to taxes /duties

according Pakistan custom tariff 2018-2019 ..

heading/sub heading-------- Description ----------- CD%
8525.8040 - - - - - - - - - - - Digital cameras - - - - - - - - 11%

does this CD % is tax ? meaning 1100$ worth camera , i have to pay 121$ tax ? is that right ?

maybe get only body, i bought 200d canon previous month from sadar market for 50,000rs

according Pakistan custom tariff 2018-2019 ..
heading/sub heading-------- Description ----------- CD%
8525.8040 - - - - - - - - - - - Digital cameras - - - - - - - - 11%

does this CD % is tax ? meaning 1100$ worth camera , i have to pay 121$ tax ? is that right ?

HS Code:8525.40 (Digital Cameras-New)
Customs Duty: 11%
ACD: 1%
ST: 17%
VAT: 3%

Karachi mai hun yaar , Nikon D810 new mil rahe hai all are almost 240,000 pkr .. used lena hai mujhe puri sadar market ghoom li ek d810 nai mila .
But if you import it and add taxes and duties to baat wohi pohnch jaegi ni? Upar se damage hone ka khatra.

Dear you may want to reconsider due to taxes and duties, also people calculating and imposing duties, taxes on imported items usually over tax them. If possible buy from Pakistan or ask a visiting family member or friend to bring your camera with them.

Not advisable lakin agar lanaa hai tou open ho kar aye tou tax nhi pare ga

Last edited:

The box will definitely get there in one piece.
Not sure about the camera in it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom