What's new

Can USA Jammed/Hacked Pakistan's F-16 ?

Under the assumption that their IFF codes are not compromised. The question remains, if two F-16s have exactly same IFF, can one obtain a lock and fire in anger at the other? We know PAF had a friendly fire incident, but that was an AIM-9 heat seeker I believe which targeted the wrong heat source. What would be the situation with AMRAAM?

OK. Searching F-16 blue on blue brings up the following

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarnak_Farm_incident

https://theaviationist.com/2014/02/19/friendly-fire-on-usarmy/

So it stands to reason that if the F-16 was remotely controlled to avoid firing at own troops, these incidents would not have happened. Similarly, friendly forces can simply 'get in the way' after the F-16 has fired. Which means there is no 'loophole' built into the weapons that would make them avoid friendlies.

It also stands to reason that such capability would not be made widely available, because of the sheer logistics of keeping it secret. The average American fighter pilot would not have access to it, and would be at risk from other fighter jets.

But the question still stands, is there a secret capability which only the most elite forces hold, that guarantees American supremacy when faced with weapons supplied by America? Let's be realistic, America has had to contend with the notion after the Iranian revolution when F-14s fell into hands not directly aligned with American interests. It also stands to reason that American military planners have learnt lessons from this and incorporated them into new equipment.

But most importantly, the American pet dog Israel gives the game away. This nation keeps whining about its small size in a big, bad neighborhood. At even the slightest whiff of becoming second fiddle to another military power in the region, Israel starts raising a rukus. The presence of extremely large amounts of Western supplied hardware, and Israel's silence over it, means that Israel is somehow assured of its safety.
The PAF friendly fire incident was a very weird one. Common point of trajectories. Intended bandit. Friendly came in the way when he turned towards his bandit to maintain his lock.

Once any piece of equipment is is part of or connect to a Network, it can be Isolate, Private or otherwise under any layer, is is open for intrusions. nothing is hack proof in this world. what matter is security and level of detection, once it is detected it can be dealt with.

other thing is, once there is a beacon transmitter which is being monitored and received by someone, it can be use for other purposes. same goes for CISCO equipment. manufacturer always have specific ports for their use for diagnostics or any other use...

We do not even have the required level of access or capability to interfere with Friend /Foe ....

I know this makes us very unsafe and open but this is how technology works, but if there are any Laws and agreements which prevent these things, I have no idea. But who follows these laws when $hit hits the fan..

I can be wrong, just using common sense,

l-19187-when-youre-already-overthinking-and-you-start-to-overthink-your-overthinking.jpg

Take a few pills to help:

78277112b62e856ee675e1ea98b45f29.jpg

Haha play on words, avoiding direct answers. OK, let me ask you a different question. Why is the entire Western block so concerned about security issues with Huawei's products?
No one forced Pakistan to buy the F-16.

But to answer your question...

General Dynamics, Boeing, Lockheed, et al, are KNOWN defense contractors. Huawei is under suspicion that its corporate heads have ties to the Chinese government.

It is well known in China that political officers sits on corporate boards to ensure the companies' obedience to Party directives.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...nside-foreign-firms-stirs-fears-idUSKCN1B40JU
The presence of party units has long been a fact of doing business in China, where party organizations exist in nearly 70 percent of some 1.86 million privately owned companies, the official China Daily reported last month.

Yep, and you have nothing to do with flying. Absolutely NOTHING.

But just for the general reader, would you consider your car reliable if it kept breaking down every mile because somebody was exploiting a backdoor?
Yep...Now it is even stronger that you are not in any technical field as you claimed.

My house have a backdoor, so does that mean my house is 'defective' in design and function?

General Dynamics, Boeing, Lockheed, et al, are KNOWN defense contractors. Huawei is under suspicion that its corporate heads have ties to the Chinese government.

It is well known in China that political officers sits on corporate boards to ensure the companies' obedience to Party directives.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...nside-foreign-firms-stirs-fears-idUSKCN1B40JU

Yep...Now it is even stronger that you are not in any technical field as you claimed.

My house have a backdoor, so does that mean my house is 'defective' in design and function?
Good you came by...have you worked on Link 16?

Are you trying to deny the existence of the American Military-Industrial Complex?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/how-the-military-industrial-complex-controls-america/5633549

Presents a very damning view

Unlike corporations that sell to consumers, Lockheed Martin and the other top contractors to the U.S. Government are highly if not totally dependent upon sales to governments, for their profits, especially sales to their own government, which they control — they control their home market, which is the U.S. Government, and they use it to sell to its allied governments, all of which foreign governments constitute the export markets for their products and services.

OK. I need to ask an even simpler question. Do you understand English? I mean, in any normal conversation, that would be rather rude of me. But given the circumstances, I think I am justified.

Instead of commenting on the preponderance of evidence that suggests American corporations are involved in knowingly creating backdoors in their products, you are trying to castigate myself and my knowledge. Good attempt at a hospital pass.

You might want to look in to this incident:

1994 Blackhawk shootdown

The trailing helicopter was shotdown by an AMRAAM after both Blackhawks were wrongly identified as Iraqi Hinds by the US F-15s

Many thanks for pointing this out. So, it seems the IFF check is a manual, optional step performed by the F-15 pilots. So the question arises, do the Pakistani pilots have the option of overriding or not performing the IFF check? That's something only a Pakistani pilot can confirm.

@Oscar @GriffinsRule @Knuckles

Many thanks for pointing this out
There is also a SAM related incident where a British Tornado was shot down by a Patriot missile. Here the aircraft was mistaken for a Scud missile by the Patriot crew and could not confirm its identity

Later in the war a Patriot locked on to a US F-18 after mistaking it for a missile.

But these incidents are from the first Gulf war. I am sure a lot has changed since then.

Last edited:
Are you trying to deny the existence of the American Military-Industrial Complex?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/how-the-military-industrial-complex-controls-america/5633549

Presents a very damning view
The US 'military industrial complex' is no different in nature and tasks than anyone else's. This is a convenient distraction from the real discussion, which is about the possibility, no matter how silly it might be, that foreign sales military hardware is filled with 'at will' disabling features designed to benefit US.

OK. I need to ask an even simpler question. Do you understand English? I mean, in any normal conversation, that would be rather rude of me. But given the circumstances, I think I am justified.
My English is probably better than yours.

Instead of commenting on the preponderance of evidence that suggests American corporations are involved in knowingly creating backdoors in their products, you are trying to castigate myself and my knowledge. Good attempt at a hospital pass.
To paraphrase Microsoft: It is a feature, not a bug.

A 'backdoor' is not even a disabling function. It is merely an access point. What you do AFTER that access point is a different issue.

So the question, intended to question your claim to have experience in technical matters, still stands: My house have a backdoor, so does that mean my house is 'defective' in designed and function?

It is a fair question.

If I plant a listening device in your house, that is not a 'bug' even by casual context of the word. The mic is merely a monitoring device. It does not affect your dishwasher, HVAC, TV, and anything else.

What is a 'backshop'?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backshop

It is not financially and logistically feasible to send every component to the manufacturers for repairs, especially if the hardware was designed with modularity in mind. Hence the concept of 'line replaceable unit' (LRU). The operative word here is 'LINE' meaning at YOUR level of maintenance.

YOU -- not me who is the manufacturer.

Flightline maintenance switches out the LRUs. Backshop level maintenance opens up the LRU, if necessary, to troubleshoot and replaces, again if necessary, individual components inside the LRU.

In believing that there are built-in backdoor, monitoring devices, and at-will disabling features in foreign sales F-16s, Pakistan, Egypt, Singapore, South Korea, Italy, etc...etc...You, and others like minded, involved tens of thousands of people in a conspiracy that spans the world and over decades.

People like this gent...

https://pk.linkedin.com/in/aamir-qazzafi-a9b66b103
Avionics Technician
Pakistan Air Force

September 1992 – Present 26 years 5 months

Back shop level maintenance of F-7P/ FT-7P and F-7PG / FT-7PG Aircraft
Either Mr. Aamir Qazzafi is an idiot or a component of this conspiracy.

YOU pick. :enjoy:

The US 'military industrial complex' is no different in nature and tasks than anyone else's. This is a convenient distraction from the real discussion, which is about the possibility, no matter how silly it might be, that foreign sales military hardware is filled with 'at will' disabling features designed to benefit US.

My English is probably better than yours.

To paraphrase Microsoft: It is a feature, not a bug.

A 'backdoor' is not even a disabling function. It is merely an access point. What you do AFTER that access point is a different issue.

So the question, intended to question your claim to have experience in technical matters, still stands: My house have a backdoor, so does that mean my house is 'defective' in designed and function?

It is a fair question.

If I plant a listening device in your house, that is not a 'bug' even by casual context of the word. The mic is merely a monitoring device. It does not affect your dishwasher, HVAC, TV, and anything else.

What is a 'backshop'?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backshop

It is not financially and logistically feasible to send every component to the manufacturers for repairs, especially if the hardware was designed with modularity in mind. Hence the concept of 'line replaceable unit' (LRU). The operative word here is 'LINE' meaning at YOUR level of maintenance.

YOU -- not me who is the manufacturer.

Flightline maintenance switches out the LRUs. Backshop level maintenance opens up the LRU, if necessary, to troubleshoot and replaces, again if necessary, individual components inside the LRU.

In believing that there are built-in backdoor, monitoring devices, and at-will disabling features in foreign sales F-16s, Pakistan, Egypt, Singapore, South Korea, Italy, etc...etc...You, and others like minded, involved tens of thousands of people in a conspiracy that spans the world and over decades.

People like this gent...

https://pk.linkedin.com/in/aamir-qazzafi-a9b66b103

Either Mr. Aamir Qazzafi is an idiot or a component of this conspiracy.

YOU pick. :enjoy:

You know. You are extremely shallow. So here is what I pick. I choose not to click.

Now, a hardware level kill switch embedded in silicon will still function because LRUs are changed from spares that are still provided by the supplier. Nice attempt at a lot of things in one post, I must say. But you still haven't made any convincing argument.

And yes, if the access is not intended, if you never expected the backdoor to be there in the first place, and if the backdoor is used to pull a fast one on you, that is a defect in your house. Because your house is meant to protect you as much as it provides a dwelling for you.

You know. You are extremely shallow. So here is what I pick. I choose not to click.

Now, a hardware level kill switch embedded in silicon will still function because LRUs are changed from spares that are still provided by the supplier. Nice attempt at a lot of things in one post, I must say. But you still haven't made any convincing argument.

And yes, if the access is not intended, if you never expected the backdoor to be there in the first place, and if the backdoor is used to pull a fast one on you, that is a defect in your house. Because your house is meant to protect you as much as it provides a dwelling for you.
Sir you did not like his answer, hence you are not convinced. He gave his answers. You like them or not convinced, it is up to you. He's ex-USAF and clearly knows what he's talking about.

Sir you did not like his answer, hence you are not convinced. He gave his answers. You like them or not convinced, it is up to you. He's ex-USAF and clearly knows what he's talking about.

Please don't act as his personal secretary. I haven't even posed the most outrageous questions yet. He is trying desperately to reaffirm the official position of everything is milk and honey.

Back
Top Bottom