What's new

Can The Next Samsung Come From China?

I agree, but I don't think that China will have to go through the same experience other countries had gone through to dominate the world market to an extent that they may root-out other competitors worldwide. If China focuses primarily on its local market, and the un-developed countries, they will accomplish their objective with a considerable amount of time.

BTW, Sorry, but I don't think we should put South Korea in par with Japan, they won't even come close to them.

Yeah, Western, Japanese, & South Korean companies will remain dominant in a variety of markets; including the technological sector. Those companies have spent years on brand building, innovation, research & development. As a result companies like Apple have an extremely loyal user base. China undoubtedly has potential, & Geely (a company in the automotive industry) for instance has already had considerable success in Saudi Arabia. Their Emgrand series is increasingly gaining popularity here.

I agree, but I don't think that China will have to go through the same experience other countries had gone through to dominate the world market to an extent that they may root-out other competitors worldwide. If China focuses primarily on its local market, and the un-developed countries, they will accomplish their objective with a considerable amount of time.

That's one strategy of course, & Chinese companies have a pretty big market at home & in underdeveloped regions. Personally, I wouldn't suggest relying on this strategy alone. What I have noticed in my studies is that companies that don't face too much competition or avoid competition often end up becoming lax in the struggle for business efficiency, innovation, research, development, etc. A middle ground is the best solution, companies should focus on both less & highly competitive markets. The desire to gain market share & increase the bottom line motivates private firms to improve. Of course startup firms & smaller companies do require government protection & help initially, but protectionist policies should be such that firms do not end up relying on them.

BTW, Sorry, but I don't think we should put South Korea in par with Japan, they won't even come close to them.

It all depends on which industry we focus at; South Korean companies like Samsung are undeniably major players in the Smartphone market. Whereas Japanese firms like Sony are still dominant in the console market & arguably among the most innovative too. Then again, my earlier point wasn't meant to imply that South Korean firms are on par with the Japanese ones. It was simply meant to point out the some South Korean companies will retain dominance & provide tough competition in some industries.

In Chinese products, Lenovo , Huawei have felt their presence felt as a global competitors ! The products are pretty good..! :)

Chinese have made great strides in electronics field and there won't be any surprise if next Samsung like success comes from this country

BTW, China market is so huge that its dictation will decide which company will be the winner or loser in the near future...

In a couple of years,foreign smartphone brands will have less than 20% of the Chinese market:

Samsung's smartphone market share in China inches down in Q2 | GlobalPost

All foreign consumer electronics brands are having a tough time in China,which is by far the world's most competitive market for consumer durables。

Japanese share of the Chinese TV market,for example,is already down to less than 1%,as is it also mostly true of other Japanese brands household appliances。
Samsung needed to produce cheap phones for local Chinese to gain their market back.

Samsung looks great just because it is close to everybody's life, but I think BAE,GE and ABB are better

Huawei is already selling smartphones here in the Netherlands and there are some pretty good reviews about them as well!

However, I'm content with my good ol' Galaxy S2 for now. ^^

Pro-US parties? With just less of 30,000 troops in Korea I don't think it matters to the US that much.

Anyways, it'll take sometime, these brands will need domestic markets first before going international. Chinese market is not yet mature enough for China to take that step, and even if taken, it will not be like America where the brands are in every field of everything.......yet.
30,000 troops for the peace times are not much? you are an idiot, try to start war with S. Korea and see how many US troops will show up.
BTW US troops are more effective than your PLA monkeys.

It is funny the Chinese here desperate wanting to be recognized by the world. So far what they get from the world's response are negatives comments. The Chinese extremists doing here is jack off one another diick to make themselves happy. If you're truly leader in tech, the world will admire you at its best, you do not need to defense anything. Chinese being loved by a few but being hated by many, do these extremist know that? Pathetic.

we have such big internal market, I dont know why the evil gov signed FTA with South Korea and Taiwan, so that their product can have such a 'huge internal market' from next year.

30,000 troops for the peace times are not much? you are an idiot, try to start war with S. Korea and see how many US troops will show up.
BTW US troops are more effective than your PLA monkeys.

South vietnam monkey fled to USA.
More effective, how much? be beated by PLA "monkeys", so what are your american and vietnam?
You vietnam monkey talk monkey thing, loser!

It is funny the Chinese here desperate wanting to be recognized by the world. So far what they get from the world's response are negatives comments. The Chinese extremists doing here is jack off one another diick to make themselves happy. If you're truly leader in tech, the world will admire you at its best, you do not need to defense anything. Chinese being loved by a few but being hated by many, do these extremist know that? Pathetic.
What a idiot!

Your argument is logical error.

Before China was backward country, lack in every field of technology and brand awareness.
So to be acknowledged as leader in technology in every fields, and have global brands is only a matter of time.

Japan and Korea once was in China position as well, but as you see Japan and Korea are leader in technology.

If you notice, you can see that china is starting to climb the ladder of technology ranks and global brand recognitions.

Your argument is logical error.

Before China was backward country, lack in every field of technology and brand awareness.
So to be acknowledged as leader in technology in every fields, and have global brands is only a matter of time.

Japan and Korea once was in China position as well, but as you see Japan and Korea are leader in technology.

If you notice, you can see that china is starting to climb the ladder of technology ranks and global brand recognitions.

While nobody knows when will China become tech lead, but one thing for sure at the present it is not. What I see the Chinese in here doing is trying to FORCE people into thinking that China is now "the new world order", and China is leading in tech sector even though it is NOT.

There are Japan, Korea, France, Russia, Britain and especially U.S., there is long way China can catch them in Tech let's not think about China will lead them in the future. At this moment, at this time, China is only good at COPY CAT, so stop trying to brainwash people here that China is not copy cat but Tech Lead. Stop boasting will you, that make people siick off.

The world will admire you more if you learn to be humble and stop boasting.

Look around here, what are you Chinese here doing? trying to convince people China is the great? spend so much time defending your believes? Even though nobodies agree. When you are as great as U.S., you said nothing people will judge that.

While nobody knows when will China become tech lead, but one thing for sure at the present it is not. What I see the Chinese in here doing is trying to FORCE people into thinking that China is now "the new world order", and China is leading in tech sector even though it is NOT.

There are Japan, Korea, France, Russia, Britain and especially U.S., there is long way China can catch them in Tech let's not think about China will lead them in the future. At this moment, at this time, China is only good at COPY CAT, so stop trying to brainwash people here that China is not copy cat but Tech Lead. Stop boasting will you, that make people siick off.

The world will admire you more if you learn to be humble and stop boasting.

Look around here, what are you Chinese here doing? trying to convince people China is the great? spend so much time defending your believes? Even though nobodies agree. When you are as great as U.S., you said nothing people will judge that.

But what they are saying is true as well.

You consider china is only copy cat, but actually China has been starting to be innovative and leaving copy cat style gradually. You need to find fact, not only believe in old paradigm. China is changing very fast.

Even in some technology area, china is leading or sit in the elite club where even europe/japan are not members.

If you dont agree, I can show you example :)

It is not difficult to see that around 2020 China will be as advanced in most technological field, and leading in some area, and will put her on par with Japan, US and Europe. Only jealous people who cannot see that.

Back
Top Bottom