What's new

Can Phalcon AWACS + SU 30MKI Counter J20

A Question where did you get these data from......... or is it your plain Imagination ?
The PAK FA radar would probably have 2200+ T/R modules packed with top power ratings as high as 25-30 kW.
I am not being optimistic here but the gradual evaluation of Packing technology along with Russian expertise in cooling tech. would very well make this possible....... plus the L-band AESA mounted on the wings giving it an extra edge against the steath fighters...... I won't Quote any range figures for detection you can decide it for your self.

Well when we talk of 4th Gen. Fighters against 5th gen. ones what we forget to realize is that 4th gen. ones are Cheap and can be fielded in more numbers...... Its like Hunting an Buffalo by a Pack of Lions...... 4-7 Su 30 Data linked have a high possibility of detecting or tracking a couple of J-20 and if there exists an air combat between the two it would be more like this way..... The Passive sensors as well as the Upgraded AESA Radars both X&L-Bands would prove to be a lethal and valuable asset in this case.... not to forget the electronic warfare punch it would allow MKIs to have which I dare say could be on par with what the Growler fields....... Blinding the J-20 Radar and flanking them in the death trap...... however the Stealth guy can always run away but in a desperate scenario the upgraded MKIs stand a very good chance to bring down a J-20 considering the news floating about the possible assets being added on the super MKI variants.

Well the answer is the bolded parts for you A Phalcon AWACS fields a L-band AESA which is the best radar to detect a VLO airframe..... Yes the J-20 would see the AWACS 1st and shoot it down with a long range missile 3 out of 10 times...... depending on the numbers of missiles fired and the number of aircraft firing them..... hence fielding an AWACS in such a scenario could be disastrous..... about IR missiles yes if the J-20 decides to persist with the fight and and allows it to get into WVR zone...... the BVR would be very less effective thanks to the EW & ECM capabilities of the Upgraded MKIs.

You can keep adding capabilities and eventually you will bring down even a UFO..
But I speak of only current fielded and planned abilities.

You can keep adding capabilities and eventually you will bring down even a UFO..
But I speak of only current fielded and planned abilities.

At last some one has the dimag ki batti glowing........ you have a medal from my side Santro !!

Cheers !!

:cheers:

Hurrah.....:yahoo:

As far as I know J-20 still has an underpowered engine, no radar.....etc etc....... and is yet to be inducted in the air force.... so going by you it is a tin can against MKI.

At last some one has the dimag ki batti glowing........ you have a medal from my side Santro !!

Cheers !!

As far as I know J-20 still has an underpowered engine, no radar.....etc etc....... and is yet to be inducted in the air force.... so going by you it is a tin can against MKI.

:azn: Emphasis..

Cheers !!

Welcome back!!!!!!

:azn: Emphasis..

You would get to see the Upgraded MKI or the super MKI well before the J-20 enters low scale production.
We can Emphasis on that then...... but I would add here that SAP 518, SAP 14 plus 1650+ T/R Module rich AESA having Peak power ratings as high a 15-20kW and L-Band AESA on wings besides the rear facing radar would be the electronic upgrades for the MKI which would be powered by the all new AL-31FN-M3 engines having 4000+ hours life...... about J-20 I would expect to see the 1st PT of the Chinese AESA on board the 1st of the J-20 prototypes by that time...... and by the time the serial production starts on a commercial scale Most of the upgraded MKIs would be serving in the Air force..... going by the Chinese show up in the electronics department against Russians in weapon systems...... I would expect the ones mounted on MKI to have an edge till the 5th year after the joining of J-20 in PLAAF....... feel free to disagree !!

Source or you are just BSing? J-20's RCs is unknown.

A PAKFA Radar(Considered to be more powerful radar than any Fighter)can detect the following planes at following ranges(kms).
F22 30
F35 50
PAKFA 60
J20 90
EuroFighter 100
Mig29 140
Su30mki 200

Detection is one thing, but you need a radar lock to file a BVR, LO crafts, though can be detected from distance can't be locked due to low the same features.

stealth is the word used to express the quality of a plane which do not refect back the radar signals falling of it's surface either by absorbing these signals or by diverting them to different directions..

but any stealth plane get detected as soon as it emits it's own radar signal as there are technology been developed to detect the source-location of a signal..

J20:
The kid is yet to be born & people have started to figure out whether it will be a doctor or an engineer....Specially being a chinese product I would take its capabilities with a pinch of salt......;)

Target finding techniques of shooting down an eurofighter/rafael & later PAK FA with a Sukhoi + AWACS and you would have fairly done justice to yourself......:azn:

Source or you are just BSing? J-20's RCs is unknown.

RCS and detection range never has a pure source.Its always predicted.
Say me the rcs and radar range of F22,Mki,PAKFA,J20,Rafale,Eurofughter,F-18,Mig29,F35 and finally Tejas,J10,Jf-17.

RCS and detection range never has a pure source.Its always predicted.
Say me the rcs and radar range of F22,Mki,PAKFA,J20,Rafale,Eurofughter,F-18,Mig29,F35 and finally Tejas,J10,Jf-17.

Did you make the expert prediction of the J-20's RCs yourself? So basically you are BSing.

DARKY is famous for PAKFA!!!
Whats ur real name?

Thanks but I am more famous as the Indian troll..... which uses a different language to avoid ban. :taz: :devil: :taz:
You can call me as Billu my friends call me with that name. :toast_sign:

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Did you make the expert prediction of the J-20's RCs yourself? So basically you are BSing.

Say that to Marting and Co. who rant about PAK FA RCS in the J-20 sticky in China defense sub section...... and BS about their imaginary figures.

Back
Top Bottom