What's new

Can Pakistan successfully build Engines for Tanks and Jet Fighters?

Individual by individual comparison, Pakistanis would be more capable than India. But India is a much bigger country and have more resources so they naturally would be ahead in tech. Eventually, Pakistan should be able to design and build it's own engine. Maybe even before India if they don't get their acts together.

Like 99% of your comments are about India in some way, you need to change one of your flags to the correct one.

Try below link and yes Pakistan should now start working on engines and first we have to develop engine for super mushak

We can, and we should start by partnering with some entity that knows how. It's hard work. Sometimes foreign companies look for countries or companies to partner with to share knowledge and lower costs, that would be a great opportunity for Pakistan.

Try below link and yes Pakistan should now start working on engines and first we have to develop engine for super mushak

That's hard work and admirable but that engine design is widely available on the internet. I believe the design is that of a WW2 German engine.

The thing is not to build ,it´s to make it at the same level with your opponets.

That can Competete , you need to Logisitcs etc. etc. for your Customers , Industry.

I mean it´s not normal for Pakistan that have Nuke´s but not his own Planes.

Respectfully Sir, I don’t understand the logic. Different countries specialize in different fields.

For example Switzerland can make the best Watches in the world but not the aeroplanes. Main ingredient in making a nuclear bomb is the fissile material. Thus if you can process spent fuel to make Plutonium or enrich Uranium, or acquire sufficient fissile material one way or another, you can make the nuclear bomb.

India has demonstrated her capability to launch geo-synchronous satellite thru fully indigenous GSLV-D5 rocket. It is clear that Indian has somehow gained access to cryogenic technology which was heretofore denied to India by Russia. Notwithstanding this I came across a news item that DRDO has decided to abandon Kaveri Aircraft Engine program.

OneIndia Exclusive: DRDO to abandon indigenous fighter jet engine Kaveri project - Oneindia

This clearly indicates how difficult it is to develop a reliable, state of the art aircraft engine.

Problem is that majority of my compatriots prefer to ignore hard realities and keep on starting threads like why we don’t make our own aircraft engines or aircraft carrier or nuclear submarine. On the other hand, some sections of Pakistani society provide support to the TTP & sectarian cut throats and would like to set up a dark age Islamic Emirate where shaving of beard will be banned and one would be forced to use ‘Miswaak’ instead of toothbrush. As a Pakistani I should be immune to such absurd dichotomy. But despite being 70 years old, I am stupid and keep hoping against hope that sooner or later common sense will prevail.

In my view wisdom to know what can be done and the fortitude to accept what we cannot, is a very important aspect of learning.

In my opinion Pakistan should allocate funds for R&D in this area because it will not only help us in developing jet engines but also car ,bus and commercial planes.

Yes And No
Yes Because Pakistan Can Engines But Making Engine is not a cake wake
It Takes Money and Time A long time So No need to invest in one thing which is already available at low cast in market
Instead that money can be spent on different Places.

That can Competete , you need to Logisitcs etc. etc. for your Customers , Industry.

I mean it´s not normal for Pakistan that have Nuke´s but not his own Planes.
As i Said Why Need something new When You can buy it ,As For the Nukes At the time India had Nuke it was not just some thing which Pak and Pak Army can ignore Pakistan exists was in danger. So they need Nuke they created And Pak Is Making Jets,
Jf 17 , Mushshak , K 8 these planes are being Built in Pakistan. Pakistan doesn't have economy which can allow to spend billions on R&D so that have to spend carefully

Pretty sad that countries since 1900 are making enginese and we can't make one in 2014

Back
Top Bottom