What's new

Can Pakistan successfully build Engines for Tanks and Jet Fighters?

After extensive research for years,i have come to know that Pakistan only manufacture 70cc bike engine,16HP diesel engine(Ancient era).

try this

Engine Category Diesel Engine Gas Engine
Industrial Engines 60- 3500 BHP 49- 850 BHP
On Highway Engines 135-620 BHP 150- 320 BHP
Oil & Gas Engines 69-3000 BHP 49- 850 BHP
Marine Mercruiser Diesel Engine 76- 580 BHP Not applicable
Marine Commercial Propulsion Engine 500- 2300 BHP Not applicable
Marine Generator 37- 1220 kW Not applicable
Generator Sets – (G-Drive Engine) 60-1450 BHP 89-1334 BHP

Diesel Engines | Orient Energy Systems Pakistan

what?? Making nuke is easy? Do u know anything about fussion and fission process? If u had even a tiny bit of idea about those two processes you wouldn't have had said thr.
Hi I hope u have read the below post. . . .
please let me know if there is any info wrong or missing ..
Well the only and rather the most critical building block for a nuke is the fissile material. Purer the material, smaller the critical mass pile and hence smaller the device. But you should understand that "Anything" that spontaneously disintegrate or technically speaking, radioactively decay in to smaller/lighter atoms by breaking bigger atoms and in process releases energy,free neutrons and protons can be termed as "Nuke". These substances do this thing spontaneously only when they come together in critical mass. Now a "Nuke" could have anything in it as a fissile material, but it's quantity will vary. Quantity will have to vary not because of yield but because of the critical mass of the substance. Yes more material than critical mass more yield, But bare minimum weight of the material should be it's critical mass.

Eg: The nominal spherical critical mass for an untampered U235 nuclear weapon is 56 kg. Pu-239 has the smallest critical mass, spherical untampered critical mass is about 11 kg.Pure uranium-233 has a critical mass of about 15kg. Heck even the most un reactive metal in the family Thorium, Th229 can be weponised with a critical mass of 2839Kg or 994Kg with steel reflector plates.

So the above just goes on to show that creating weapons grade material is to have right amount of fissile material. Now one would ask "How can we get theses assorted metals?? Super powers are investing billions on nuclear reactors for harvesting them and won't sell those designs." Well one dose not need those shiny new reactors for creating weapons grade fissile material, if one knows what they are doing. Donn believe me, well then just look at Chicago Pile-1 As described by Enrico Fermi himself ,"a crude pile of black bricks and wooden timbers.".All it was needed was the a solid technical knowledge base. And that was the reason why teenagers are building these reactors in their backyard. The Radioactive Boy Scout . Note the year :1995, before the age of Wikipedia.

So yes it's easier to make Nuke than making a high performance Jet Engine.

try this

Engine Category Diesel Engine Gas Engine
Industrial Engines 60- 3500 BHP 49- 850 BHP
On Highway Engines 135-620 BHP 150- 320 BHP
Oil & Gas Engines 69-3000 BHP 49- 850 BHP
Marine Mercruiser Diesel Engine 76- 580 BHP Not applicable
Marine Commercial Propulsion Engine 500- 2300 BHP Not applicable
Marine Generator 37- 1220 kW Not applicable
Generator Sets – (G-Drive Engine) 60-1450 BHP 89-1334 BHP

Diesel Engines | Orient Energy Systems Pakistan

I have read this in 2011-12 and no they are not manufactured in Pakistan

The Indian authorities are still hopeful that it will be used to power Tejas in future after its first overhaul. So i would not call it a fail project per say.
I would doubt that. The IAF seems to be happier with the prospect of the GEIN20 variant of the F-414 for the Tejas Mk.2 and I am not sure that there will be a new build for a Mk.3(As the IAF;s force requirements will be met by the Mk.2 production run).

eng2.png

3 years ago the following thread died its natural death after 7 replies:

eng3.png

The nice question to ask would be, why is Pakistan not building AC compressors, and instead importing it all its life?

We are capable.
loool im afraid NO, bro. Building a reliable fighter jet Engine is indeed the most complex tech in this world and shows overall how advanced a country is technologically. Only Britain(we have one/if not the best/reliable engines out there.:dance3:), U.S, France and Russia have one, China does have, but its still not reliable enough and still needs much time to mature(at least a decade or so). So you think Pakistan can come out of nowhere and build one when not even a big power like India has been able to do it yet?:cheesy: Good luck with that.:lol:

what an answer from spin masters, let me ask you this.

How many contriesld have made nuclear weapons.
and how many have made engines,

what a spin, man o man

Why don't you ask the senior pakistani members on this forum and you will get your answer.

Let me give you an example: North Korea has nukes and south korea doesn't. Does that mean NK is technologically advanced than South??

Many countries have stopped their pursuit of nuclear weapons after Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) in the 70's

loool im afraid NO, bro. Building a reliable fighter jet Engine is indeed the most complex tech in this world and shows overall how advanced a country is technologically. Only Britain(we have one/if not the best/reliable engines out there.:dance3:), U.S, France and Russia have one, China does have, but its still not reliable enough and still needs much time to mature(at least a decade or so). So you think Pakistan can come out of nowhere and build one when not even a big power like India has been able to do it yet?:cheesy: Good luck with that.:lol:
Never underestimate pakistan and what it is able to achieve sure we are in a time of great misery but truly we have things we can pull out of the hat which may seem surprising ;)

Never underestimate pakistan and what it is able to achieve sure we are in a time of great misery but truly we have things we can pull out of the hat which may seem surprising ;)

Bro there are things that are possible to believe a country can do. But Pakistan making fighter jets engines which is the most complex of technologies out there/peak of technological achievements and requires several years/decades of testing/operations/running to be reliable and used massively in allmsorts of fighter jets/ships etc, plus it requires billion of dollars of continous investments(without any short term returns). Its simply impossible for Pakistan to create one. Making a fighter jet engine is not like making say drones(which albeit complex can still be made) or tanks, its not a childs play, the hell even an advanced country like Japan is still hasnt produced a reliable engine, and you think Pakistan can do it?lool Lets be realistic bro. come on....:secret:

bhai mei suna railway engine ki bhot shortage hai. Bhai wo banate hai na peyley, baad me pun pilen ka enjin bhi banay dalengey.

bhai thoday example bhi likh dalo na, out of hat kay.

Bro there are things that are possible to believe a country can do. But Pakistan making fighter jets engines which is the most complex of technologies out there/peak of technological achievements and requires several years/decades of testing/operations/running to be reliable and used massively in allmsorts of fighter jets/ships etc, plus it requires billion of dollars of continous investments(without any short term returns). Its simply impossible for Pakistan to create one. Making a fighter jet engine is not like making say drones(which albeit complex can still be made) or tanks, its not a childs play, the hell even an advanced country like Japan is still hasnt produced a reliable engine, and you think Pakistan can do it?lool Lets be realistic bro. come on....:secret:
I agree at the present time its impossible but time will come.

bhai mei suna railway engine ki bhot shortage hai. Bhai wo banate hai na peyley, baad me pun pilen ka enjin bhi banay dalengey.

bhai thoday example bhi likh dalo na, out of hat kay.
Better google it, you would understand perfectly then ;)

Most WW2 tanks were built by the car/truck manufacturers. Since Pakistan never had a large industrial base, design and building tank engines may be difficult but certainly not rocket science. A medium size family car of say 2.0 litre capacity would not be required to generate a lot more than about 150 hp. Al Khalid tank engine output is1200 hp. Therefor we may have problems with the metallurgy of the engine block. Additionally designing a cooling system of the engine would also pose a considerable challenge to operate in places such as the Thar Desert where day time temperature normally exceeds reach 45 C. But it is not beyond the realm of possibilities.

Aircraft engine is a different beast altogether. Turbine inlet temperature in a powerful aircraft jet engine could easily exceed 1300 C. Many of the common metals including steel melt at such high temperatures. Turbine blades are manufactured from single –crystal Nickel super alloys (SX or SC super alloys). These are formed as a single crystal using special solidification techniques. Actual composition of the alloy is a trade secret but understand that in addition to Nickel & Chromium, Titanium and Rhenium are also used.

Metallurgy involved in the state of the art turbine engine manufacture is beyond the scope of all but a few technically advanced nations such as US, UK, France, and Russia. China is now catching up. Therefore I don’t see any possibility of Pakistan making fighter aircraft engines in the foreseeable future.

Individual by individual comparison, Pakistanis would be more capable than India. But India is a much bigger country and have more resources so they naturally would be ahead in tech. Eventually, Pakistan should be able to design and build it's own engine. Maybe even before India if they don't get their acts together.

Back
Top Bottom