What's new

Can India save itself from Pakistan Battlefield Nukes ?

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Can India save itself from Pakistani Battlefield nukes is an intensive question since we have to take multiple factors like employment of warfare and maneuvre tactics along with aggressive employment of military hardware like drones , Surface-to-Air Missiles , Satellite surveillance and more to counter these real-time threats.

Pakistan’s policy of “N-deterrence” against an Indian Conventional Attack especially when once Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq told his Indian counterpart, If your forces cross our borders by an inch, we are going to annihilate your cities.” One of the cornerstone of Pakistan’s deterrent policy against Indian Forces is the Nasr Tactical Missile which it describes as the “low-yield battlefield deterrent”which it can use to counter Indian Armored and Mechanized Units tearing into the Pakistani soil. Pakistan believes that it can utilize Nasr to effectively counter Indian Army while its own conventional forces lagging behind India’s , both qualitatively and quantitatively can’t counter an Indian Invasion.

Tactics matter a hell lot in the art of modern warfare. Soldiers are no longer employed as cannon fodder on battlefield and smart tactics are used to outflank the enemies and destroy them. The first thing India would use to save itself from Pakistani battlefield nukes is TACTICS. The one tactic I love , which Indian Army can implement against Pakistan is “ “Hugging the Enemy” developed by Vasily Ivanovich Chuikov, Commander of the USSR’s 62nd Army as a means to bash Germans. I will describe it in words here :

“…Get close to the enemy’s positions: move on all fours, making use of craters and ruins: dig your trenches by night, camouflage them by day; make your build-up for the attack stealthy, without any noise; carry your Tommy Gun on your shoulder; take ten to twelve grenades. Timing and surprise will then be on your side. …Two of you get into the house together – you, and a grenade; both be lightly dressed – you without a knapsack, and the grenade bare; go in grenade first, you after; go through the whole house, again always with a grenade first and you after…

There is one strict rule now – give yourself elbow room! At every step danger lurks. No matter – a grenade, then on again! Another room – another grenade! A turning – another grenade! Rake it with your Tommy Gun! And get a move on! …Inside the Object of attack, the enemy may go over to a counterattack. Don’t be afraid! You have already taken the initiative; it is in your hands.

Act more ruthlessly with your grenade, your Tommy Gun, your dagger, your spade! Fighting inside a building is always frantic. So, Always be prepared for the unexpected. Look Sharp!..”

Indian Army can use this tactic to negate Pakistani nukes by inserting our divisons in densely populated Pakistani regions like Punjab. If Pakistan resorts to battlefield nukes then it would effectively endanger its own population also making Pakistan lose its status and face in international society and will create a soft spot for India. Even in that case how much damage would Pakistan had inflicted on India is quite questionable.

Indian Air Force can also play an important part if it manages to control the airspace as it can utilize its Military Satellites ( which Indian Armed Forces ) are quite heftly capitalizing upon which then can be neutralized by Pinaka Mk.2 rockets ( whose guided rockets outranges Nasr ) or Armed Helicopters and Drones ( if India acquires them ).

Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa said in 2017 against a question at the annual Air Force Day press conference on how the IAF planned to respond to Pakistan’s store of tactical nuclear weapons that ,“As far as the Air Force is concerned, it is not only with tactical nuclear weapons, but any target across the border, we have the ability to locate, fix and strike targets across the border” .

Though IAF currently lacks some necessary capabilities like JSTARS-AWACS-like platforms to differentiate real-time threats from decoys , India is advancing fast on such capabilities which will make it easy to hunt for those tactical nukes by Indian Forces. Use of SAM assets like QR-SAM and S-400 can effectively negate Nasr any advantage over Indian forces with an effective surveillance needed to be enforced to keep Indian Formations out of Nasr range.

https://defenceupdate.in/can-india-save-itself-from-pakistan-battlefield-nukes/

Yes. Pakistan's need for existence is India's best defense.

I think S400 defense system can play important role to limit the destruction before it reach far areas. S400 is game changer and with mix of multi defence layer shields such as akash missile system & others, it’s almost impossible to reach far areas . We will struggle to even destroy Delhi with such defense shields unless we get Stealth fighters & hypersonic missiles with long range radar & missiles.

I think S400 defense system can play important role to limit the destruction before it reach far areas. S400 is game changer and with mix of multi defence layer shields such as akash missile system & others, it’s almost impossible to reach far areas . We will struggle to even destroy Delhi with such defense shields unless we get Stealth fighters & hypersonic missiles with long range radar & missiles.
Flase flagger from India thank you very much from your contributions @Peaceful Civilian :angel::p::enjoy:

yes it can, by staying its phyco a$$ on its side of the border

what are you talking about?

S400 is to defend indian assets within India, Pakistani Battlefield Nukes are meant for use on Indian troups if and when they cross into Pakistan

Ababeel is going to rain on india only if india invades, then reacts to tactical nuclear weapons with strategic ones
I know. Dude S400 is perfect defence system, it can fire 72 missiles in one go, two missiles for each target, even if one missile misses target , other missile will make sure to fill 2% success gap to destruct it in air .
So S400 is only defense system with 100% success rate.
We need time to mature MIRV in Ababeel missile and I am sure we are working on it. To penetrate just S400 defense system, we require much effort just to bypass it. S400 is highly mobile system, you can mobilize it in 10 minutes and 400 KM range is not joke, it can obsolete our entire F16, JF17 fleet in 400km range of border before it cross border.
Its Just matter of moving trucks even if we are able to detect it.
Even U.S.A wants army help for F35 to counter S400 threat.
Yes MIRV can decrease S400 threat to some extent, We need to mature Ababeel missile, and with mix of Nasr missile, cruise missiles and Ababeel missiles if we are able to demolish one system with such effort then its not big achievement we ending up many assets just to kill one forward defense shield .Even if we are able to destroy all batteries of S400, Then There are others many defense shields to cross , Their “Badz system”, and their “AAD” missiles with two tired shield to destroy lower altitude missiles.
Also look their “PAD” system shield ,and S-300V systems which are in use as an 'anti-tactical ballistic missile screen'..
For to destroy cruise missiles , They have Barak 8 system which is latest too with upgrades, developed by India & israel.
Last PDV is also in development stage, and there are news about tests coming soon.
We have to deal with multiple defense shields even if luckily we are able to beat S400 batteries.

Last edited:
Flase flagger from India thank you very much from your contributions
When you lose debate , then false flagged?, but you can’t deny truth and it’s hurt when I say truth. I don’t believe in conspiracy theories. Look the defense shields of India I told in detail , how can you penetrate your missiles with such potent defence system. Do some research, & threats we are facing . I am sure you never heard of Indian defense missiles I mentioned in detail. It’s not like that make rant , we will do blah blah , we will nuke blah blah, but how, Can you answer ?? Care to elaborate this...... have some research i written in bold.....

When you lose debate , then false flagged, but you can’t deny truth and it’s hurt when I say truth. I don’t believe in conspiracy theories. Look the defense shields of India I told in detail , how can you penetrate your missiles with such potent defence system. Do some research, & threats we are facing . I am sure you never heard of Indian defense missiles I mentioned in detail. It’s not like that make rant , we will do blah blah , we will nuke blah blah, but how, Can you answer ?? Care to elaborate this......
Bro we have multiple options to neutralize S-400 and other air defense system like long range MRLS equipped with Smart sub- munitions, suicide drone like Harpy which clone by China, MIRV, Manverable warheads, depress trajectory MRBM, ECM , JAMING etc etc @Peaceful Civilian :angel:

People here believe we are just going be sitting on our asses while they can fire nukes,
Even a single military intelligence of pakistan pressing that button will result in India firing the first round of strategic weapons and good luck saving your existence from that.
S400/BMD are just safety nets.

Back
Top Bottom