What's new

Can Gripen E and LCA-Tejas Co-exist in Indian Air force ??

Utter nonsense but nice job THINK tank.
What? Isn't it entering the fourth decade?
Are you just good at taking personal jibes? that is it? You try ridiculing others, get all the support of your fellow Indian members but will all that make your point worth a cent more then it actually is? To any sane member it wont. So continue with sarcasm all you wont, the fact remains that induction of Gripen will mean only one thing for LCA and that have already been explained. It is difficult for some to digest but if you think with a neutral frame of mind, that was perhaps the most logical thing that the government could have done. India is better off investing and focusing on bigger and better projects with all the growing economy and influence.

Not every Pakistani post is made with an anti-Indian frame of mind no matter how much you want to believe so.

Well it is exactly the same dear as it was in last post. Apart from post those fee lines that will eventually lead to thread become a troll infested page, there is nothing that you were able to add. Also, i clearly stated my stand on any effort to try and explain it to you dear so that is not changing either.

Just a punch line, if your are judging how successful a plane is by the number of prototypes and how bad a plane is by ignoring the numbers on active duty, all i can do is pray and pray i will. Rest is mere chest thumping and boasting that i could have expected.

What? Isn't it entering the fourth decade?
Are you just good at taking personal jibes? that is it? You try ridiculing others, get all the support of your fellow Indian members but will all that make your point worth a cent more then it actually is? To any sane member it wont. So continue with sarcasm all you wont, the fact remains that induction of Gripen will mean only one thing for LCA and that have already been explained. It is difficult for some to digest but if you think with a neutral frame of mind, that was perhaps the most logical thing that the government could have done. India is better off investing and focusing on bigger and better projects with all the growing economy and influence.

Not every Pakistani post is made with an anti-Indian frame of mind no matter how much you want to believe so.
1) fourth decade is a totally absurd comment. The LCA project itself began in the early 90s but whatever floats your boat. The LCA has accomplished far more than it was ever intended to do and has been worth every rupee spent.
2) the Gripen will NEVER enter IAF service, all we hear to the contrary is blatant paid propaganda from SAAB. The Gripen failed the IAF's technical criteria and now the IAF is disinterested.
3) there is so space for the Gripen with the IAF and MoD fully backing the LCA project. 120 unit order has been placed, HAL is ramping up production to 16/year from 2018 onwards with new features (IFR probe, AESA radar, improved EW systems etc etc)

The entire premise of your post and this thread is moot. The Gripen is NOT coming to the IAF and never will and yet you are taking petty jibes at the LCA.

Even the fact that the grippen is considered points to the reality that the LCA has been a utter failure and is a massive white elephant that is carrying on due to ego.

This is not to say the LCA dosent fly, just that something is wrong with it thst they are not clarifying

The current talks with Saab will probably include them fixing the LCA and adding technology to make any future LCA effective but if grippen is bought and assembled in India LCA will be nothing more than a show piece

Used to protect the southern tip of India from mermaid attack and bought out on national days with a indian flag like the Arjun

For that to happen, they need to give up the citizenship of their adopted countries, live in India for at least 5 years before they get their Indian citizenship and then join DPSU. And they need to do this before they are 32.

No such thing is needed.

1. Government could provide lateral entry to experts into PSU's, if and when needed. Only normal recruitment takes place by open exams for whom you need to pass tests.

2. Central government employees with foreign nationality could apply for citizenship only after a year of residency.

3. Government could provide citizenship to anyone it like without making them go through all these bureaucratic hoops. There is an exception made in citizenship law for anyone who has provided services in scientific, social, literary or artistic field; definition of which have been left completely upto government.

No such thing is needed.

1. Government could provide lateral entry to experts into PSU's, if and when needed. Only normal recruitment takes place by open exams for whom you need to pass tests.

2. Central government employees with foreign nationality could apply for citizenship only after a year of residency.

3. Government could provide citizenship to anyone it like without making them go through all these bureaucratic hoops. There is an exception made in citizenship law for anyone who has provided services in scientific, social, literary or artistic field; definition of which have been left completely upto government.

It appears you are recommending amendments to existing laws.

It appears you are recommending amendments to existing laws.

No, I am stating current law.

Read page 5. http://mha1.nic.in/pdfs/ic_act55.pdf

"Provided that, if in opinion of central government, the applicant is a person who has rendered distinguished service to the cause of Science, Philosophy, Art, Literature, World peace and human progress generally, it may waive all or any of the conditions specified in third schedule"

In other words, Government is free to provide Indian citizenship to anyone on this planet it want ,even if that person has never set a foot into India, as "distinguished services" have not been defined but left to "opinion" of central government in the act.

No, I am stating current law.

Read page 5. http://mha1.nic.in/pdfs/ic_act55.pdf

"Provided that, if in opinion of central government, the applicant is a person who has rendered distinguished service to the cause of Science, Philosophy, Art, Literature, World peace and human progress generally, it may waive all or any of the conditions specified in third schedule"

In other words, Government is free to provide Indian citizenship to anyone on this planet it want ,even if that person has never set a foot into India, as "distinguished services" have not been defined but left to "opinion" of central government in the act.

I know that. I was referring to this point:
Government could provide lateral entry to experts into PSU's, if and when needed.

A system already exists, even for people older than 32. The lateral entry is only for Indian citizens who have worked outside, not for non-Indian citizens. There is no option for a non-Indian to join DRDO. Similarly, a non-American cannot join Boeing in the US.

So the only way for a non-Indian to join DRDO would be to become an Indian citizen first. But he can't just join DRDO and then wait for citizenship.

Also special citizenship status is given only to people who have done extraordinary work in their field. Like a scientist the world recognizes, not just some PhD graduate with a bit of experience.

1) fourth decade is a totally absurd comment. The LCA project itself began in the early 90s but whatever floats your boat. The LCA has accomplished far more than it was ever intended to do and has been worth every rupee spent.
2) the Gripen will NEVER enter IAF service, all we hear to the contrary is blatant paid propaganda from SAAB. The Gripen failed the IAF's technical criteria and now the IAF is disinterested.
3) there is so space for the Gripen with the IAF and MoD fully backing the LCA project. 120 unit order has been placed, HAL is ramping up production to 16/year from 2018 onwards with new features (IFR probe, AESA radar, improved EW systems etc etc)

The entire premise of your post and this thread is moot. The Gripen is NOT coming to the IAF and never will and yet you are taking petty jibes at the LCA.
Well dear if the point two and three are right then what is the argument? Perhaps you can notice how in each post i emphasized on "IF" the news is true "then"...... I am not making a statement that it is all true, just following what is being reported by Indian sources. What you said can very well be true as well.

The funny thing is that I see the same people who were justifying HOW Gripen will make it to IAF without any effects on LCA are thanking what you just said about Gripen not getting into IAF. :lol:. Only because you were arguing with a Pakistani?

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom