What's new

Can Bangladesh become an economic powerhouse?

Resorting to the same Indian smoke and mirrors trick - again.

Showing fantasy bikes that few people will even buy is pointless. We have been importing and driving these types of pseudo superbikes before TVS got ToT from Suzuki (more like stole it - dhokeybaaji again) and before you were probably born, we could always import pretty much anything. Ask your elders what a sad bike market India was, hell Indians only started riding bikes in the last fifteen or so years. Before that Bajaj Scooters (and Lambrettas) were the only game in India.

TVS can wow Indians with some fiberglass cladding- but it takes a little more effort for our market.

How many users will even buy these 300cc fantasy bikes in India for Rs. 2 lakhs?? That being said, more people buy Tk. 3 Lakhs bikes here percentage-wise here than your kanjoosi market, but they aren't TVS or some garbage brand. Maybe they buy race bikes or cruiser bikes, but they aren't Indian, I guarantee you. And again, we could always make them locally if the demand was there. Importing makes much more sense for the numbers.

Also,

TVS stole the design of that bike's engine from an older-design BMW unit (direct copy). Maybe they paid a licensing fee -who knows?

Bangladesh limits local bike displacement in our roads to 155 cc's only, so that Akula bike (if it is ever produced past concept stage) will never make its way here anyway.

Last edited:
Resorting to the same Indian smoke and mirrors trick - again.

Showing fantasy bikes that few people will even buy is pointless. We have been importing and driving these types of pseudo superbikes before TVS got ToT from Suzuki (more like stole it - dhokeybaaji again) and before you were probably born, we could always import pretty much anything. Ask your elders what a sad bike market India was, hell Indians only started riding bikes in the last fifteen or so years. Before that Bajaj Scooters (and Lambrettas) were the only game in India.

TVS can wow Indians with some fiberglass cladding- but it takes a little more effort for our market.

How many users will even buy these 300cc fantasy bikes in India for Rs. 2 lakhs?? That being said, more people buy Tk. 3 Lakhs bikes here percentage-wise here than your kanjoosi market, but they aren't TVS or some garbage brand. Maybe they buy race bikes or cruiser bikes, but they aren't Indian, I guarantee you. And again, we could always make them locally if the demand was there. Importing makes much more sense.

it is 1.5lc + range... definitely in BD a many able to drive super quality luna with automatic gear... helmet mounted sight with eject seating system.. optional 7 speed manual gear with 70cc engine. equipped Vlrsams incase if they spot enemy jet...

ToT ? lolz those are older design not newer... you can see these bykes every corner of India..

it is 1.5lc + range... definitely in BD a many able to drive super quality luna with automatic gear... helmet mounted sight with eject seating system.. optional 7 speed manual gear with 70cc engine. equipped Vlrsams incase if they spot enemy jet...

ToT ? lolz those are older design not newer... you can see these bykes every corner of India..

You had no idea did you? :lol:

The first design of TVS in the 60's, a pathetic little 50 cc MOPED was stolen from Austrian MOPED manufcaturer PUCH.

images

Then in the 1980's they had a tie up with Suzuki and ended the relationship after stealing their designs.

You had no idea did you? :lol:

The first design of TVS in the 60's, a pathetic little 50 cc MOPED was stolen from Austrian MOPED manufcaturer PUCH.

images

Then in the 1980's they had a tie up with Suzuki and ended the relationship after stealing their designs.

now you talk about your chinese masters..

And someone has a crystal ball to assume this?

There is no reason why BD education and skills is not going to go up rapidly as the GDP expands and funds are available for education and training. If there is a gap in knowledge that BD cannot provide itself then it will be easily provided by overseas sources, either via students going overseas/overseas institutions setting up campuses in BD or foreign experts coming into BD to teach the required subjects.

Yes everything is so easy-peasy and will go exactly to plan.

Sorry I have much more confidence in the WEF than some online BD trolls opinion:

https://defence.pk/threads/whats-holding-back-bangladesh.474841/#post-9149084

To resolve the education/skill problem in BD, serious measures need to be taken today (actually yesterday)....rather than say it will be done tomorrow. I see nothing being done today to address it. Waving a wand and saying it will be done tomorrow isn't convincing anyone that matters....BBS/BAL attitude does not fly outside your borders I am afraid.

Whats funny is the 93% "unemployable" are still way more employable than the top 1% that BD produces :D...and not even bringing in the outnumbering ratio here. BD is so pathetic, no one even bothers to study its problems. No point, waste of money and time.

Vietnam advantage is beyond that, their electricity is abundant and cheap, their close proximity with China made their logistic challenge for supply chain of some raw and half processed material from China is lot cheaper. Not to mention they had medium level of HDI and wanna to get rid of LDC as soon as they can

I don't think Vietnam was ever classified as LDC.

@Viet @Carlosa

But yes you are correct that Vietnam has many advantages....its education capability and prevalence is something many developing countries can learn from.

now you talk about your chinese masters..

He's a real butthurt individual. Don't expect any semi-coherent and balanced conversation from him. His head was probably water-logged too much as a kid (seeing where he's from) and its affected him permanently.

With 3.3 million production, India is indeed a big producer of passenger cars. BD cannot, shall not and should not import or produce a larger number of vehicles. Simply speaking, physical infrastructure is absent there.

Point is there is next to no cars in BD given its population. So no idea why this line of argument (lack of Indian cars in BD car "market") is being used by Bilal9. Of course the small demand there is will be used corollas from toyota sourced from more developed countries. Thats the situation in similar countries (LDCs) to BD like Laos, sub saharan africa etc.

Bangladesh always look up to Malaysia and Indoneshia as role model in this region.
But you guys tried to clone the model of Singapore, Hongkong, Taiwan under ASEAN which will not actually work. . You already lost the momentum long before even becoming a higher middle income country. I am not sure how you going to take off again.

Dont compare Bangladesh with Indonesia as we are at the stage of taking off. And be assured, we are not going to land soon... ;)

BD will not can not should not ... lab lab la.. not true.
Just wait for the EV technology to mature a bit. It will be BD made EV all over the places...;)
There is no point in investing 4 stroke engine anymore.

Absolutely. EV is the future.....especially considering the short distances covered within the city and especially with taxis like UBER.

I wonder if those 7% employable graduates are leaving your country because of poor salaries, what's there left for India? Low-quality professionals?

People like the kind that infest our sub-forum. Underclass Sanghi trolls who can't speak proper English nor spell properly. Who can barely put together a sentence.

People like the kind that infest our sub-forum. Underclass Sanghi trolls who can't speak proper English nor spell properly. Who can barely put together a sentence.

In short, people way more educated and successful than you ever will be :D

Welcome to the reality:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_the_United_States_by_household_income

1. Indian American : $101,591[2]

82. Nepali American : $44,677[2]
83. Bangladeshi American : $44,512[2]
84. Afghan American : $43,838[3]
85. Subsaharan African : $43,682[3]
86. Bahamian American : $42,000[3]
87. Ethiopian American : $41,736[3]

Now have a good cry:

ABX003BRD-0_01.jpg

Sorry I have much more confidence in the WEF than some online BD trolls opinion:

To resolve the education/skill problem in BD, serious measures need to be taken today (actually yesterday)....rather than say it will be done tomorrow. I see nothing being done today to address it. Waving a wand and saying it will be done tomorrow isn't convincing anyone that matters....BBS/BAL attitude does not fly outside your borders I am afraid.

Whats funny is the 93% "unemployable" are still way more employable than the top 1% that BD produces :D...and not even bringing in the outnumbering ratio here. BD is so pathetic, no one even bothers to study its problems. No point, waste of money and time.

I don't think Vietnam was ever classified as LDC.

@Viet @Carlosa

But yes you are correct that Vietnam has many advantages....its education capability and prevalence is something many developing countries can learn from.

He's a real butthurt individual. Don't expect any semi-coherent and balanced conversation from him. His head was probably water-logged too much as a kid (seeing where he's from) and its affected him permanently.

Point is there is next to no cars in BD given its population. So no idea why this line of argument (lack of Indian cars in BD car "market") is being used by Bilal9. Of course the small demand there is will be used corollas from toyota sourced from more developed countries. Thats the situation in similar countries (LDCs) to BD like Laos, sub saharan africa etc.
Vietnam was one of poorest countries on earth in the 1980s. Yes we were ldc people. Unluckily we move on. No longer dirty poor just poor, feel free to donate :-)

Vietnam was one of poorest countries on earth in the 1980s. Yes we were ldc people. Unluckily we move on. No longer dirty poor just poor, feel free to donate :-)

No one here calls the Vietnamese poor brother. Our bilateral trade with Vietnam has been expanding rapidly all the time.

We wish nothing but the best for your people - but most of all we wish you peace (especially peace with your neighbors).

No one here calls the Vietnamese poor brother. Our bilateral trade with Vietnam has been expanding rapidly all the time.

We wish nothing but the best for your people - but most of all we wish you peace (especially peace with your neighbors).
That is very nice what you are saying. Also all the best for your country. Cheers.

That is very nice what you are saying. Also all the best for your country. Cheers.
One thing I need to warn you.. dont fall for Indian design. Work directly with Russia or America if you feel threatened. But India??? Thats a big no.

It is being done today my pathologically unwell friend.:lol:

Things like rising GDP,wages, educational levels and productivity obviously are going above your head.

BD is simply on another level when compared to the artificial entity called India - it only sees the unitary Sri Lanka as any kind of competition as far as South Asia goes.

Things like rising GDP,wages, educational levels and productivity obviously are going above your head.

Yes as BBS wants me to believe....but every international organisation contradicts:

http://www3.weforum.org/docs/GCR201...lobalCompetitivenessReport2016-2017_FINAL.pdf

http://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2016

One thing I need to warn you.. dont fall for Indian design. Work directly with Russia or America if you feel threatened. But India??? Thats a big no.

@Viet Just so you know who this character is from the words of his own countryman:

https://defence.pk/threads/which-fi...-saab-gripen-j10-b.477209/page-8#post-9204492

Technically, he is a troll.

:lol:

Obviously the Vietnam - India defence cooperation fills him up with extraordinary butthurt. :cool:

pathological liar got caught lying again...

Business4.jpg

How many users will even buy these 300cc fantasy bikes in India for Rs. 2 lakhs?? That being said, more people buy Tk. 3 Lakhs bikes here percentage-wise here than your kanjoosi market, but they aren't TVS or some garbage brand.

Sure, for a 'kanjoosi' market 1/86th the size of ours, I'am sure that ''more people buy Tk. 3 Lakhs bikes in Bangladesh percentage-wise''. Just like how ''Unlike in India - in Bangladesh most middle-class travelers to higher class passengers have historically (since Pakistan times) used air travel as a means of travelling'' :lol:

Capture.JPG

TVS stole the design of that bike's engine from an older-design BMW unit (direct copy)

don't you ever get tired of lying ? They have a JV with platform sharing agreement. @Nilgiri

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...ut-2-super-bikes-this-year/article8934051.ece

Back
Top Bottom