What's new

Can all pakistanis Speak Punjabi?

When I go to Lahore I try my best to speak as much Punjabi I can. If you go to the market and speak in Urdu, its a dead give away that you've come from outside and prices would increase. If you still have to speak in Urdu, say you're from Karachi, not a foreign country.

I am somebody who has made an effort to learn Punjabi, as it is not regularly spoken at home. I too think Urdu is dominant as it being one of the easiest languages ever created and is spreading more and more, but when you're in Punjab, speaking Punjabi is definitely still the norm in the market place even for people who speak Urdu at home.

What I have observed in Lahore, when I try to speak in Punjabi, they in turn speak in Urdu, I dont know why. They say 'Bhayya ji' ooakhay na howo, tussi urdu ich gal kar lawoo..

:D

Best is paindu Punjabi (and we Lahoris consider the rest of the Punjab paindu :P). Its more or less sound effects, than words.

Jootay kithay nay? Aaa paye nay.

Once I enjoyed a punjabi song (came in CD), It took me around a month to understand that song, that was related to some 'Kanglay boyfriends'.
Can someone please help me finding that song. its bol are:

Kadi saa to mangdi aae kanna walay jhumkay, tay kadi mangay matthay wala tikka neee.

Chan jaae mukhray nay loor ki a geneaan di, mukhi aggay chan paae pikhaa neee...

Dil da taweez man gal ich paalay....

Gal di apnay hor ronaq wadhalay.....

I must say though, I have never heard Punjabi spoken better in any place (India or Pakistani Punjab) than Faisalabad. The Punjabi spoken in Faisalabad is in a class of its own, whether its comes to crude comments, or literary Punjabi works. I am one of those people as well who is not a Punjabi speaker, but speak Punjabi pretty fluently as I had my early schooling there.

Best is paindu Punjabi (and we Lahoris consider the rest of the Punjab paindu :P). Its more or less sound effects, than words.

It is very funny when they try to speak urdu.

Once I visited a small village and had a chance to visit a school of that village.

The back wall of school was broken,

the head master talked to me like that.

Yeh deewaar tut gai thi, is dafa ki barishon main, bari musibat hai jeee, bachay phaj jatay hain aadhi chuti main,

hum nay funds kay liyay apply kia hai, jaisay hi aatay hain, issay tor o tor wadha dain gay. :lol:

I must say though, I have never heard Punjabi spoken better in any place (India or Pakistani Punjab) than Faisalabad. The Punjabi spoken in Faisalabad is in a class of its own, whether its comes to crude comments, or literary Punjabi works. I am one of those people as well who is not a Punjabi speaker, but speak Punjabi fluently as I had my early schooling there.

Are you talking about the punjabi spoken by Arrain community??

Oooh ta bari changi punjabi bolday nay, unhaan di punjabi bari tameez daar hondi aae, eek wari main unhaan naal bara wakt guzaraa siga.

What I have observed in Lahore, when I try to speak in Punjabi, they in turn speak in Urdu, I dont know why. They say 'Bhayya ji' ooakhay na howo, tussi urdu ich gal kar lawoo..

:D

Hahaha...some of my friends speak with me in Urdu, while with each other they speak in Punjabi, when I try to speak punjabi, they say ada okha hon di ki load aye ? bolda reh urdu chay sanu v andi aye urdu, lohoriya !

and I am sure my punjabi is not that bad, :smokin:

Oooh ta bari changi punjabi bolday nay, unhaan di punjabi bari tameez daar hondi aae, eek wari main unhaan naal bara wakt guzaraa siga.

lolzzz... te jatt, te gujjar v chanigyan bol lainday nay, te apan nu v koe kat nai aondi, aho !!

O sirjee, twadi te wadi changi Punjabi ne... tussi Punjabi te nai o? Lahore wich rehnde o?

Tussi sahi kehnde o, una di Punjabi wadi tameez dar hondi e, sada une naal koi tajurbah nai e :cry:

I m not sure about ALL but i have seen many Pakhtoons and Urdu speaking very good punjabi

even we dont have any problem with Afghanis, they didnt bring anything bad to our lands... they are just trying to earn their living... and thats all...so welcome all, is typical culture of Lahore.

You are a supporter of Imran Khan, so what more can we expect from you.

The rest of Punjab doesnt think highly of you sold-out Lahoris either.

Quite alot of Pakistani Punjabis are ashamed of thier own language.

But it is rare that you find Pakistani Sindhis, Pashtuns, or Balochis who are ashamed of their identity.

Pashtuns, Sindhis, and Balochis take huge amount of pride in their ethnicity, language, and culture.

O sirjee, twadi te wadi changi Punjabi ne... tussi Punjabi te nai o? Lahore wich rehnde ho?

Tussi sahi kehnde ho, una di Punjabi wadi tameez dar hondi e, sada unhe naal koi tajurbah nai e :cry:

Nahi sir ji, punjabi tay nahi par meri mother tongue 'punjabi' aae. Minnoo pehlay punjabi nahi aandee see, bari mushkil naal sikhi aae.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom