What's new

Can all pakistanis Speak Punjabi?

well Punjabi has further dialects/accent.
I am from pothohar,i can understand all dialects of punjabi from sariki to hindko.but not all punjabi can understand pothohari.
Gulabi urdu.urdu in pothohari dialect
pure pothohari(Although because of poetry it still is very easy to understand,when local will speak you can't understand it)
most punjabis cannot read and write punjabi.:p:P:P

with friends we speak punjabi,in school with teacher we speak urdu.but books are in english.
it is great zulm lol.
pure punjabi cannot speak pure urdu just like pathans.pathans ruin grammer of urdu.mean they mix up genders when they convert from pashto to urdu.but punjabis give urdu a punjabi touch.if a punjabi speak two lines of urdu you can easily judge from which part of punjab he is.

so in short when a person go outside 200km his region he talk in urdu because others cannot understand his dialect.for example pthans,sindhis and balochs cannot get an idea what we are talking about.similarly lahoreris cannot understand our language we also talk with them in urdu.sariki can urderstand very little pothohari.only people other than pothoris who can understand to some extant pothari are hindko speaking.

thats why urdu is our national language.anybody can understand and speak,read,write it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowadays because of migration from one city to another and from villages to cities a few people can speak pure Punjabi dialect of their area. I see Lahoris speaking Punjabi that is niether Lahori nor Faisalabadi but a mixture of both. I myself speak half potwari half punjabi :P

Nowadays because of migration from one city to another and from villages to cities a few people can speak pure Punjabi dialect of their area. I see Lahoris speaking Punjabi that is niether Lahori nor Faisalabadi but a mixture of both. I myself speak half potwari half punjabi :P

My Punjabi (self-taught) is a mixture of various regions as well. It is truly a 'khichri' :lol:

Why are so many Pakistani Punjabis ashamed about their Punjabiat ?

As an Urdu speaker with a substantial amount of Punjabi friends, I don't think it's about being ashamed, I think it's about the love & affection Punjabis have for Pakistan & Urdu that they choose to 'acclimatize' & 'homogenize' with everyone. Their patriotism is second to none. My honest opinion though.

I am fed up of this thread

please jo baatain karni hai jaldi jaldi karo aur khatum karo is faalto behas ko

Where is the original thread-starter? We have no inkling why he started it, and what results has he reached thus far.

Quite alot of Pakistani Punjabis are ashamed of thier own language.

But it is rare that you find Pakistani Sindhis, Pashtuns, or Balochis who are ashamed of their identity.

Pashtuns, Sindhis, and Balochis take huge amount of pride in their ethnicity, language, and culture.

Yes but there are a lot of traitors among these other ethnic groups who want to break Pakistan. When did you ever hear of a Punjabi Pakistani wanting an independent Punjabistan or saying Pakistan was a mistake?

We Punjabi Pakistanis are Pakistani nationalists. Being Pakistani is the most important part of our identity other than being Muslim.

As an Urdu speaker with a substantial amount of Punjabi friends, I don't think it's about being ashamed, I think it's about the love & affection Punjabis have for Pakistan & Urdu that they choose to 'acclimatize' & 'homogenize' with everyone. Their patriotism is second to none. My honest opinion though.

Yes. We Punjabi Pakistanis love all things Pakistaniat.

:pakistan:

Best is paindu Punjabi (and we Lahoris consider the rest of the Punjab paindu :P). Its more or less sound effects, than words.

Jootay kithay nay? Aaa paye nay.

Jootay is Hindi/Urdu. Punjabi word for footwear is Chhittar (Shitar).

@ Omar1984 - You are not Punjabi then if you have no respect for your maa boli. Its boli of sant, faqirs, sufis, avataars and warriors. and you are boring forum members with 'We Punjabi Pakistanis love all things Pakistaniat.' etc lately, dont repeat same line in every thread.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom