What's new

Can a rival league with the standards as high as Indian Primiere league be set up?

i think only pakistan can match our madness of cricket & if they had good eco. their league can match ipl. but its not so

IPL is the future of cricket. whatever allegations it might be going thru no one can deny that lalit modi created one of the most successful leagues in the history of sport.in three years its valuation has shot to 4 billion US dollars. Now that is some serious money. No other country will invest that much money in cricket because no other country can match the numbers regards to viewership

I would prefer a scenario where we have more IPL matches than International fixtures,I think it will bring some much needed freshness to international matches as teams will only clash once in a while as is the case with soccer,basketball etc

Not anytime soon, no. It would have to be a jointer venture between several boards. Pakistan can play a part in being part of this joint venture (though, again not anytime soon) if the economy gets back on track and terrorism dies down.

Not anytime soon, no. It would have to be a jointer venture between several boards. Pakistan can play a part in being part of this joint venture (though, again not anytime soon) if the economy gets back on track and terrorism dies down.
no sir, its not gonna happen as a joint venture because joint venture is already in place..champions league T20. and ICC cannot provide the window for such kind of tournament because of FTP

how it is pure gambling..care to explain. i know that u have no source to substantiate ur claim. apart from that it is 4.13 bn dollar baby in a span of 2yrs. do u know what is the cost of 2 new franchisees?? players like chris gayle and brendon macullum put their int'nt career on stake to participate in IPL. visit and search cricinfo u will easly find out. have u seen the packed stadium of ipl?? dont bring ur personel hatred in this for Bhartis. ohh i forget the statement of ur beloved afridi. ready to play in IPL.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
:tup:BCCI will never allow any rival league like IPL to survive at international level... It will not allow Indian players to participate for some reasons or other(mind u no indian player will go against BCCI).. And if main players like Sachin,Sehwag,Dhoni,Yuvraj etc doesnt take part in any league then i dont think Indians will be much interested to watch those matches..Direct effect will be that 70% of revenue which comes from Indian audience will be lost for that foreign league.. It will never be able to compete with IPL in terms of money and eye balls..:coffee:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom