What's new

Can a rival league with the standards as high as Indian Primiere league be set up?

User name

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
There have been rumors about other countries willing to start rival leagues to IPL,but is this possible?
The fan following,the money power,etc.is not easy to find,as it is to find in India.

No damn way...with 70% of the revenue flowing from India...its not fiancially viable

Its not game neither high standards just pure Gambling
how it is pure gambling..care to explain. i know that u have no source to substantiate ur claim. apart from that it is 4.13 bn dollar baby in a span of 2yrs. do u know what is the cost of 2 new franchisees?? players like chris gayle and brendon macullum put their int'nt career on stake to participate in IPL. visit and search cricinfo u will easly find out. have u seen the packed stadium of ipl?? dont bring ur personel hatred in this for Bhartis. ohh i forget the statement of ur beloved afridi. ready to play in IPL.

Its not game neither high standards just pure Gambling

I dont agree. Its big money, alright. But the game format is immensly popular. And its now assumed the form of a festival season.

NO.. Please No... Cricket is dying because of all this league.. IPL already dented many players others will take more time.. In recent time addition of T20 and IPL almost killed Test and ODI. Players are tired playing so many matches (or earning by both hands).. I am dead against of any other League and want even less matches in IPL..

No way..If it is possible it would have happened already. IPL will be something like EPL in the future. Every cricketer will want a pie of it because of the money it offers.

how it is pure gambling..care to explain. i know that u have no source to substantiate ur claim. apart from that it is 4.13 bn dollar baby in a span of 2yrs. do u know what is the cost of 2 new franchisees?? players like chris gayle and brendon macullum put their int'nt career on stake to participate in IPL. visit and search cricinfo u will easly find out. have u seen the packed stadium of ipl?? dont bring ur personel hatred in this for Bhartis. ohh i forget the statement of ur beloved afridi. ready to play in IPL.

How can u unsee a common thing?? Its the indian media itself which was beating drums, don't you know how much of corruption money is involved !! It is a same old business of turning black money white, your own ministers were found involved and IPL reached near a collapse just because of it!!!

Is there a need to prove a thing of India being bashed most by Indian media!! Either its IPL or you can say your media who is on fault!

How can u unsee a common thing?? Its the indian media itself which was beating drums, don't you know how much of corruption money is involved !! It is a same old business of turning black money white, your own ministers were found involved and IPL reached near a collapse just because of it!!!

Is there a need to prove a thing of India being bashed most by Indian media!! Either its IPL or you can say your media who is on fault!
hello ... there is a difference between gambling and corruption. i was talking about gambling. have ur fundas clear first. and our media is doing right thing by exposing the corruption. what is wrong with that? but u cant deny the popularity of IPL in india, that for sure

And now you believe the Orange Indian media!?:toast_sign:

of course it can be set up. Nothing is impossible............. people used to think Nokia is the only dominate mobile company in the world and it is way to go. See Iphone and Blackberry has given a tough time to Nokia now. They are its rivals. Why not IPL can have its rival? Money talks! Throw the money..... you get what you want :D

Last edited:
[/COLOR]
of course it can be set up. Nothing is impossible............. people used to think Nokia is the only dominate mobile company in the world and it is way to go. See Iphone and Android has given a tough time to Nokia now. They are its rivals. Why not IPL can have its rival? Money talks! Throw the money..... you get what you want :D

bolded part..u raised a valid reason..but tell me how??

of course it can be set up. Nothing is impossible............. people used to think Nokia is the only dominate mobile company in the world and it is way to go. See Iphone and Android has given a tough time to Nokia now. They are its rivals. Why not IPL can have its rival? Money talks! Throw the money..... you get what you want :D

Good point, Zaki bhai. But Android is an OS not a mobile phone manufacturer. :)

Back
Top Bottom