What's new

Can a rival league with the standards as high as Indian Primiere league be set up?

Good point, Zaki bhai. But Android is an OS not a mobile phone manufacturer. :)

oops i meant to say Blackberry....... sorry jaldi jaldi main type kar diya
i know what Android is

of course IPL can have its rivals, just like in soccer we have la liga , EPL , Barclays premeir league, it will be fun

of course IPL can have its rivals, just like in soccer we have la liga , EPL , Barclays premeir league, it will be fun

These leagues are already there but the question is can they match IPL..which i think is not possible considering the fan following India has for Cricket.

These leagues are already there but the question is can they match IPL..which i think is not possible considering the fan following India has for Cricket.

yeah you are right just like EPL is the ruler in soccer, IPLis the ruler in cricket.According to forbes IPL is the fourth richest sport in the world.......:):):):):):):)

Same fans are going to watch the matches of its rival league too :P .......... indian public too are going to welcome its rivals as they love cricket :P

PS: A joint venture of PCB, BCB, SLC, CA, ECC, CSA can bring a lot more fan club than in India only and such collaboration will only result in more number of viewership all across the world. The indian public is already willing to accept its rivals as they love watching cricket like Pakistan and other nations. Only a couple of business tycoons backed by ICC can create its rivals too. Like i sad before Money talks!

I am not saying all cricket boards create this venture but only ECC, CSA and CA has enough potential to stand its rival or if necessary alone if backed by the business tycoons like happened in India

Of course anybody can..but it will not be half as successful as IPL in terms of money or view ship. Any country willing to make a rival -PL is taking a huge gamble for the following reasons

1) All the popular players are already booked with huge sum of money and are bound by contract..so when you start you are already on the back seat with second tier players.

2) Say if Australia decides to do it.. the maximum viewer ship will be in Australia..now can the money there beat IPL? Don't think so..

The only way a rival-PL can be successful is if its in the sub-continent, it already is..now can either PAK, SL or Bangladesh match IPL? no way.. So its here to stay and make more money..

Also, the innovative Idea was India's..anybody else doing it will not get that much interest as it may seem stale..

Same fans are going to watch the matches of its rival league too :P .......... indian public too are going to welcome its rivals as they love cricket :P

PS: A joint venture of PCB, BCB, SLC, CA, ECC, CSA can bring a lot more fan club than in India only and such collaboration will only result in more number of viewership all across the world. The indian public is already willing to accept its rivals as they love watching cricket like Pakistan and other nations. Only a couple of business tycoons backed by ICC can create its rivals too. Like i sad before Money talks!

I am not saying all cricket boards create this venture but only ECC, CSA and CA has enough potential to stand its rival or if necessary alone if backed by the business tycoons like happened in India
sir, it is highly unrealistic scenario. do u think any board can sideline indian board?? i dont think so. wht are you saying is already in place..champions league, which gonna start in few days. standford tried to do so but failed miserably. tycoons only invest when they get returns, and return lies in india.

Cricket in the regions you have mentioned often takes second place to other games . While in S Asia nothing comes even close to it.

Yes money talks , but the kind of money India generates appears to be incomparable not to mention the mad crowds who throng match venues.

Of course anybody can..but it will not be half as successful as IPL in terms of money or view ship. Any country willing to make a rival -PL is taking a huge gamble for the following reasons

1) All the popular players are already booked with huge sum of money and are bound by contract..so when you start you are already on the back seat with second tier players.

2) Say if Australia decides to do it.. the maximum viewer ship will be in Australia..now can the money there beat IPL? Don't think so..

The only way a rival-PL can be successful is if its in the sub-continent, it already is..now can either PAK, SL or Bangladesh match IPL? no way.. So its here to stay and make more money..

Also, the innovative Idea was India's..anybody else doing it will not get that much interest as it may seem stale..

The event can be organised like a World cup........ no need to hold all matches in the same country, if some of the matches are taking place in Australia, New Zealand, England and South Africa at the same time and final somewhere else........ It will be very interesting tournament :)

Viewership .......... well i see many indian tycoons too would want to sponsor this tournament due to obvious reasons. It will only increase the viewership in all cricketing nations as many non-IPL viewer countries too would want to take interest if more nations are organising this event.

The players problem can also be resolved. We have new players coming every now and then. The new players can be booked in its rival tournament and many players would be released each year from its IPL contract too. It will be interesting competition and will be able to challenge IPL within 1-2 years

sir, it is highly unrealistic scenario. do u think any board can sideline indian board?? i dont think so. wht are you saying is already in place..champions league, which gonna start in few days. standford tried to do so but failed miserably. tycoons only invest when they get returns, and return lies in india.

well i am not saying to sideline india. Sponsors from india too can be part of this IPL-Rival tournament :P BCCI will be most welcome to be part of it :)

The event can be organised like a World cup........ no need to hold all matches in the same country, if some of the matches are taking place in Australia, New Zealand, England and South Africa at the same time and final somewhere else........ It will be very interesting tournament :)

Viewership .......... well i see many indian tycoons too would want to sponsor this tournament due to obvious reasons. It will only increase the viewership in all cricketing nations as many non-IPL viewer countries too would want to take interest if more nations are organising this event.

The players problem can also be resolved. We have new players coming every now and then. The new players can be booked in its rival tournament and many players would be released each year from its IPL contract too. It will be interesting competition and will be able to challenge IPL within 1-2 years
lol.....nothing like this can happen. u forget about the players has to do their national duty. how will u accomodate this matches in FTP?? big question mark. how will u form the teams?? what about the isuues with logistics?? would players like to travel that much??who will pay such huge amount? it is operationally not viable. IPl can easily infuse as much money they want.

try to understand why IPL is so successful, because people are loyal to their local teams and these keep bring them back to the stadium. bollywood tamasha is the other things. nobody can match that. there are two obsession in india, cricket and bollywood. and that is the secret of IPL success.

what are you talking is simply like world cup matches. finacially and operationally not viable on regular basis. and what make u think that BCCI aloows other boards to put their beloved billion dollar in jeopardy. BCCI calls the shot in world cricket. dont u have enough example of this??

Belive me or not but it is Gambling and this statment is from a Proffessional

Bookmaker.Not just IPL ,ICL and other leagues also.The ICC itself is involved in

it. :P

kuch saal pehle maheene baad koi tournament hota tha ab har roz matches

why?

ICL was a very good tournament if it did not have legal obligations It was quite challenging tournament :)

PS: Honestly speaking i enjoyed Lahore Badshah's (in ICL) far more than any other league participating in IPL

now u got it absolutely correct.....bcci destroyed it. they literally opened their pocket to everyone. nobody can take on mighty BCCI, this is the truth. money talks. i rest my case.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom