What's new

Cameron's inflammatory comments against Pakistan: I meant Pakistanis are terrorists..

^ Mate, the idea that many westerners believe something to be true automatically that thing true is not only a fallacy, it's also simplistic, childish, naive, and a typical argument one would expect from armchair experts.

Western people have interests in this - it suits their interests to blame Pakistan, particularly at this time, since the war is failing miserably and they are looking for scapegoats.

More importantly, what's so special about western people that suggests their beliefs are facts? Indians are essentially suggesting that westerners are somehow superior - that their beliefs automatically are true.

I mean they have not provided any proof, and the whole argument rests on some westerners believing it to be true.

Last edited:
Here's some food for thought. Sure, Cameron is British PM, but his party received what, some 30% of the votes? He is not looked upon too highly in Britain himself (I know this from being on other forums with a high number of british people) and there's criticism from within britain for making these remarks. I know indians are having a field day but nothing will come out of this except words.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
He is the PM. Stop writing crap. By that logic, the voter turn out in UK is historically 30%. So 70 %have not voted at all. Does that mean any leader has no legitimate right to represent the people of his country?

100% yes.

Clearly your logic is becoming weird of late. :cheers:

the thrust of the indians on here is

"look - the western world is saying it, THEREFORE IT MUST BE TRUE"

i dont mean to flame but is that not such a slavish attitude, as well as being ill educated, you essentially bind your fate to the west and also leave yourself wide open if something is said against you

pakistan is simply suffering from its inability to effectively counter these remarks - and the sad thing is there is an easy counter to these remarks.

india, us and gb are all taking kidney shots at pakistan whilst pakistan has its hands tied behind its back, deeply frustrating...

On the contrary, India said this for several decades right from insurgency in Kashmir as early as 1989. It is in the recent past threat the world have taken note of this and have endorsed the same opinion.
:cheers:

^ Mate, the idea that many westerners believe something to be true automatically that thing true is not only a fallacy, it's also simplistic, childish, naive, and a typical argument one would expect from armchair experts.

Western people have interests in this - it suits their interests to blame Pakistan, particularly at this time, since the war is failing miserably and they are looking for scapegoats.

More importantly, what's so special about western people that suggests their beliefs are facts? Indians are essentially suggesting that westerners are somehow superior - that their beliefs automatically are true.

I mean they have not provided any proof, and the whole argument rests on some westerners believing it to be true.

which is why i described it as a slavish attitude.

what if the US admit they made a mistake- then india and indians are left looking ridiculous

admittedly its not likely to happen, but india must wither have 10000% faith or are leaving themselves open to getting humiliated

Where are you getting these numbers from? Took me two clicks to debunk your numbers.

Voter turnout at UK general elections 1945 – 2010 | UK Political Info
Code:
Year   UK  England  Wales  Scotland   N.Ireland
2010   65.1   65.5	64.9	 63.8  56.9

As for him being PM, yes I mentioned that. Clearly you didn't read that. My point was more about his credibility - in particular how credible he is considered in UK himself.

You see, here's the funny part. You indians are making a lot of hot air about this. But nothing will come out of this except words. No actions, nothing worthwhile.

Where are you getting these numbers from? Took me two clicks to debunk your numbers.

Voter turnout at UK general elections 1945 – 2010 | UK Political Info
Code:
Year	          UK	   England	     Wales	    Scotland	N.Ireland
2010	65.1	    65.5	  64.9	 63.8	  56.9

As for him being PM, yes I mentioned that. Clearly you didn't read that. My point was more about his credibility - in particular how credible he is considered in UK himself.

You see, here's the funny part. You indians are making a lot of hot air about this. But nothing will come out of this except words. No actions, nothing worthwhile.

Good to know you can use Google in 2 seconds. But wonder how you can make the previous comment. My mistake to get my numbers wrong but your logic is hilarious ...

Here's some food for thought. Sure, Cameron is British PM, but his party received what, some 30% of the votes? He is not looked upon too highly in Britain himself (I know this from being on other forums with a high number of british people) and there's criticism from within britain for making these remarks. I know indians are having a field day but nothing will come out of this except words.

SMC you are right even though David Cameron is the current Prime Minister, he is not looked on highly by the British public. Fact is during the British Election, the voters did not give there confidence to him, and there was a hung Parliamment......and that has only happened three times in the history of British politics. My point is this moronic crackhead does not represent the feelings of the British public, and is only in power when he sucked up to Nick Clegg...........and from the looks of it, he has used that experience to suck up to India. Not only is this man on the verge of destroying the British economy.......he is also on the verge of destroying UK credibillity as a neutral bystander that does not take any sides.

On the contrary, India said this for several decades right from insurgency in Kashmir as early as 1989. It is in the recent past threat the world have taken note of this and have endorsed the same opinion.

What world? Only the some people in the western world care about this and do what you're suggesting. Outside western world, no one cares about this.

More importantly, again, they are not taking "a note" of anything anti-Indian. It's just that they've caught themselves in a war in Afghanistan and thus have similar interests to india. Once it's over, western public will move and not give two shits about what india says.

which is why i described it as a slavish attitude.

what if the US admit they made a mistake- then india and indians are left looking ridiculous

admittedly its not likely to happen, but india must wither have 10000% faith or are leaving themselves open to getting humiliated

Well chosen words. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The last time Canada made a mistake and withdrew the statement with an apology, did Pakistani members acknowledge it ?

US/UK is unlikely to say anything that is different to what is well known and has been paraphrased n times.

Good to know you can use Google in 2 seconds. But wonder how you can make the previous comment. My mistake to get my numbers wrong but your logic is hilarious ...

What logic are you doubting? You're doubting that Cameron my statement that cameron is not popular, is not looked up to, and doesn't represent the average british person?

SMC, argue with a purpose. You are sounding like you want to get away from the main purpose of my post.

What logic are you doubting? You're doubting that Cameron my statement that cameron is not popular, is not looked up to, and doesn't represent the average british person?

Ha ha ... give me one leader in this world who has enjoyed a simple majority of popularity all through a 5 year term.

Name one, if you can't then lets discuss with purpose. If you can;t and want to continue on a cheap loop, go ahead.

SMC, argue with a purpose. You are sounding like you want to get away from the main purpose of my post.

I am not sure what you mean here as I am certainly not trying to do that. However it's something you specialize at.

Well chosen words. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The last time Canada made a mistake and withdrew the statement with an apology, did Pakistani members acknowledge it ?

US/UK is unlikely to say anything that is different to what is well known and has been paraphrased n times.

your response holds no relevance to my point

india has diplomatic clout and i acknowledge that, what you mentioned above is a pertinent example of this, however i dont know why democratic india is proud they can suppress humans rights issues, but thats for another thread.

my point relates to not india as a collective, but indians as individuals seem to follow what i describe as a slavish adherence to what "the west" says, solely because they like it, pretty ill educated and short sighted imo

i would be saying the same if pakistani's were in the same situation and were doing the same

I am not sure what you mean here as I am certainly not trying to do that. However it's something you specialize at.

An example for you... meaningless flaming. You will not acknowledging the change in geo politics and the previous policy of insurgency as a state policy is not viable.

Back
Top Bottom