What's new

Cameron's inflammatory comments against Pakistan: I meant Pakistanis are terrorists..

E just smuthering india to use her ecobomy alot of indians dont understand this. Looking at comments here show how he is doing a job well done .

They can't catch Al Qaeda so they have to push the blame onto Pakistan.

You know what, Cameron? Your failure to fight terrorism in Afghanistan isn't helping anyone at all. 9 years later, they think Pakistans hiding them. LOL.

Miliband rounded on Cameron's comments, claiming there was a "big difference between straight-talking and being a loudmouth".

Miliband said everyone had "two ears and one mouth" and it was important to use them "in that proportion" when it came to foreign policy.

Milliband forgot to add that everyone has one brain and it is very important to use it appropriately.But i guess he will say this in privacy to his honourable PM.:rofl::rofl:

UK to talk to Pakistan on ending terror in India

NEW DELHI: Endorsing India's stand that no cause is good enough to justify terrorism, Britain on Thursday said that it will discuss with Pakistan "frankly, clearly and openly" on the need to reduce and eliminate terror from India.

Addressing a joint press conference with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at the end of their discussions, visiting British PM David Cameron said, "We want to work with Pakistan to make it fight LeT and Afghan or Pakistan Taliban. Pakistan government has taken steps and it needs to take further steps to reduce terrorism in Afghanistan, India and the streets of London."

He was replying to a question as to what the international community would do to see that Pakistan does not export terror, especially to India, as stated by him in Bangalore yesterday.

At the same time, he said Pakistan should be encouraged to take steps to see that terror is reduced.

"I think the right thing is to have discussion with Pakistan frankly, clearly and openly. Next week, I will have discussions with President of Pakistan," he said.

On his part, Singh said expressed the hope that Pakistan would honour its commitment not to allow its territory for terror against India given to him and his predecessors.

"We believe that Pakistan should be as serious in tackling terrorism on its western border as on the eastern borders. I sincerely hope that the world community would use its good offices to promote this," Singh said.

UK to talk to Pakistan on ending terror in India - India - The Times of India

Times of india .... LOL...

They can't catch Al Qaeda so they have to push the blame onto Pakistan.

You know what, Cameron? Your failure to fight terrorism in Afghanistan isn't helping anyone at all. .

He is not in pdf as a member.. LOL

Now you are getting into 'conspiracy theories' and 'obfuscation' of your own, by coming up with some contorted explanations of why Headley's alleged 'confessions' are not on his deposition to a US court (public record) since he was supposed to reveal all his information as part of his plea agreement.

Ok, if you insist. Let's just call this your argument No. 1.

Argument No.2
Any thing obtained during Headley's interrogation was to remain private.

Why? It seems to contradict argument No.1. If Headley was to reveal all that he knows on his deposition, then he had no secret information to reveal, did he? Or do you now want to dispense with argument No. 1 citing some law of expediency?

US objections arise from the fact that any statements by India attributed to Headley, true or false, violate the conditions of his interrogation and complicate the Headley trial.

More contradictions/assumptions & in any case, there has been no complaint from Mr.Headley's lawyers.

The US is justified in opposing Indian verbal diarrhea on this issue from a legal perspective, and the lack of a denial and confirmation is completely in line with the fact that the US cannot confirm or deny any comments being attributed to Headley under an agreement that requires confidentiality.

Can't comment since the U.S. government has forgotten to post me a copy of the document requiring confidentiality. On the other hand a comment I posted earlier might offer a reasoning apparently not favoured by you.

‘Headley’s disclosures can wreck Pak-US ties’

WASHINGTON: David Headley’s revelation that LeT planned the Mumbai attacks with possible help from the ISI is a ‘ticking time-bomb’ that could wreck the US-Pakistan relationship and take the subcontinent to disaster, a former CIA official has warned. Bruce Riedel, a former CIA official and now with the prestigious Brookings Institute, said Pakistan should carry out a ‘thorough house cleaning’ of its military after the Pakistani-American LeT operative’s revelations that attackers had links to the ISI.

Also, some more about this secret/not secret stuff;

..................Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Kabul said that Headley's comments have included "a revealing set of facts" which the United States has now shared with the Pakistanis.

Seems like someone in the U.S. thinks it important enough to actually bother sharing it with "Pakistanis"

And again, Headley has a publicly available deposition - why are none of these alleged confessions in there, since the US had been interrogating Headley for quite some time by then.

Doesn't square with argument No.1 or No.2. Your logic is hard to understand. If Headley had said everything that is to be said in the "publicly available deposition", then he & his lawyers along with the FBI & the U.S. Justice department would have pointed out that there was no need for the Indians to come & ask him any questions.But hey, what the heck do they know?

The 180 or so documents on wikileaks involving Pakistan are also largely not credible or verified - that was made pretty clear on the Guardian lead article on the leaks, and has subsequently been echoed by various other Western officials (all detailed on the wikileaks thread, which you should peruse if you are not sure on that count). So of course such speculative and unsubstantiated reports had no business being brought publicly.

Not interested! That's your problem. Was only interested in a specific incident. This:

But at the same time there are elements in this context that pass the test of probability and plausibility. Among these is the case of Stephen Kappes, the CIA’s deputy head, confronting the ISI in July 2008 with evidence of its role in a deadly suicide attack on the Indian embassy in Kabul.

US silence on Headley can only mean two things, as I pointed out earlier:

1. The Headley 'confessions' broadcast by the Indian media are concoted and false (likely since Headley's deposition does not contain anything remotely close to them).

2. The US has dismissed Indian concerns (which goes to my point about PR victories not tangible affecting G2G relationships).

Only? Hardly! Let me offer a conjecture of my own; the U.S. as said by the Secretary of state is dealing with this issue. What other reason could there be to bring it up with the Pakistanis?

Btw, we just heard from the PM of the U.K., it may not be a complete coincidence that he said what he said a week after meeting with the Americans. Obama is coming in a few weeks as are Sarkozy & Medvedev. Probably to tell us how dismissive they are of our concerns. Interesting times we live in.

(PR victories turning sour? I'll be sure to remind you of what you said about it at an appropriate time.)

Another point. This sounds very much like a threat.
His careless remark will be remembered, and will be paid dearly by his own countrymen :pakistan:

I'm sure that statement would endear Pakistanis like this gentleman to the whole wider world.

Last edited:
29 July 2010 Last updated at 11:45 ET Share this pageFacebookTwitter ShareEmail Print David Cameron defends 'frank' comments about Pakistan

AdvertisementDavid Cameron: "I think it's important to speak frankly"
Prime Minister David Cameron has defended his comments about Pakistan's record on tackling terrorism as he completed his trip to India.

At a press conference with Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh, he said no-one was in "any doubt" there were terrorist groups operating in Pakistan.

The Pakistan government had made real progress but must do more to "crack down on and eliminate" them, he said.

He said he was "looking forward" to talks with Pakistan's president.

President Asif Ali Zardari's visit to the UK next week is likely to be dominated by the fallout from Mr Cameron's trip to India where he warned Pakistan about "promoting the export of terror" and being allowed to "look both ways" on the issue.

'Eliminating threat'

His remarks were criticised by Pakistani officials and led to him being accused of "damaging the prospects of regional peace".

In his last official engagement of the trip - a press conference with Indian Prime Minister Singh - Mr Cameron again stood by his remarks.

Related stories
Karzai urges action on Pakistan

Candid Cameron ruffles diplomatic feathers
Cameron pitch to Indian business
"We should be fair to the Pakistan government that they have taken steps in recent years to combat some of the terrorism in their own midst," he said.

"But we need to go on encouraging this action to take place so we can reduce and eliminate the threat of terrorism, whether here in India, Afghanistan or on the streets on London."

Asked whether he would be similarly candid when he met the Pakistan president in Britain next week, Mr Cameron said he would.

"I think the right way is to discuss these things frankly, openly and clearly. I look forward to having discussions next week, including with the Pakistan president."

Earlier, he told the BBC that speaking frankly about the issue was "what people expect of their government".

His remarks followed the leaking of US documents on the Wikileaks website in which Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence agency was accused of secretly helping the Afghan insurgency.

'Enormous role'

Pakistan's High Commissioner to the UK, Wajid Shamsul Hasan, criticised Mr Cameron for choosing to believe leaks that the official said lacked both credibility and corroboration.

Writing in the Guardian, he said: "One would have wished that the prime minister would have considered Pakistan's enormous role in the war on terror and the sacrifices it has rendered since 9/11.

Later, Mr Hasan told the BBC that he hoped Mr Cameron's comments were a "slip of the tongue" and "not a meant slight by him".

Pakistani Foreign Ministry spokesman Abdul Basit told a news briefing that the government was "saddened" by his comments.

"These remarks are contrary to the facts on the ground," he said.

Referring to the Wikileaks disclosures, he added: "This malicious campaign that has been going on now for years against Pakistan and against our security agencies - particularly ISI - cannot belittle our achievements and cannot blight our record against militants and violent extremists."

The BBC's Sanjoy Majumder said Mr Cameron had "certainly made an impression with his comments on Pakistan, which were being seen as unusually blunt".

And Shadow Foreign Secretary David Miliband said the prime minister needed to think "through carefully what he is going to say" on such occasions.

While Britain must speak with "conviction" on important issues, he said Mr Cameron had only told "half the story" and "failed to recognise" Pakistan had lost thousands of its own citizens, including former leader Benazir Bhutto, to terrorist attacks.

"There is a fine line between a straight talker and a loud mouth," he told the BBC.

Nuclear deal

Mr Cameron's remarks are likely to be welcomed by officials in Delhi, which has long accused its neighbour of backing attacks on Indian targets.

The two nuclear-armed rivals have fought three wars, with peace negotiations stalling following the Mumbai attacks of 2008, which India blamed on Pakistani-based militants.

At the end of a trip designed to boost trade links, Mr Cameron spoke of an "enhanced and enduring" relationship between the two countries.

The UK has signed a multi-million pound defence deal with India and will be able to export British civil nuclear technology to India for the first time.

Indian premier Mr Singh said the two countries were "natural partners" and announced that they had reached partnership agreements in areas spanning energy, education, culture and the economy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10797847

Miliband rounded on Cameron's comments, claiming there was a "big difference between straight-talking and being a loudmouth".

Miliband said everyone had "two ears and one mouth" and it was important to use them "in that proportion" when it came to foreign policy.

Milliband forgot to add that everyone has one brain and it is very important to use it appropriately.But i guess he will say this in privacy to his honourable PM.:rofl::rofl:

Madam, Milliband is in the opposition, its their duty to criticize. The person in power matters. Still to suit your taste, this is some heartening news, I am sure you will get lots of this type which carries no real value.
I repeat, its the person in power who decides, the opposition has a job to oppose. So when Zardari goes to LOndon next week, he would not go to Milliband to say thank you, but would be listening to the PM.

Guys why panic on Cameron statement...he is all doing to cut another billion dollar deal of Hawk jet trainer. His statement not more then a part of ongoing arm commercial deal. Where he pass few comments to made Indians happy.
Right now its part of Indian protocol, say something bad about Pakistan, if you want some weight in your dialogue, either deal is political or commercial.

As far as Karazi tears, he always cry, he is not more then attention whore. That's why The Times award him status " Governor of Kabul".

Long Long time ago their used to be a British Empire. Now their umpires are limited to the Cricket fields only.

In order to run their countries and fill their big hanging bellies, they go to countries with huge natural resources like Irag, Somalia, Nigeria and invade it by unfair means and their prime minister is remembered as a poodle but in this case they are playing cheap shots to get the attention of Bharati Diaspora and sell some British made junk defence products to them. Now another street dog has come to 10 Downing Street who is looking for some crump from their new masters now.

They know their time has come and their grave has been ditched in Afghanistan long ago, they are trying to hang on to the burnt rope.

Please do not pay attention to these murderers, liar and devil worshipers.

Frank talk from Cameron shakes up British diplomacy

British Prime Minister David Cameron has revealed a plain-speaking streak during a tour of Turkey and India that raises questions over whether it is down to youthful inexperience or a bold new approach to diplomacy.

He caused anger in Israel by saying in Turkey that Gaza was a “prison camp“, and went on to offend Islamabad when he suggested in front of an Indian audience in Bangalore that Pakistan “promoted the export of terror“.

While in Ankara, he also dismissed opponents of Turkish membership of the European Union as “protectionist, polarized or prejudiced“, an analysis which will not be shared in Paris or Berlin. France and Germany oppose Turkish entry.

“I think it’s important, as I say, to speak frankly about these things to countries that are your friends,” Mr. Cameron said on Thursday in an interview with British broadcasters in New Delhi, adding that he would “do so in the future” as well.

At 43, Mr. Cameron is the youngest British prime minister in nearly two centuries. He has been in office since May.

His comments on Pakistan delighted the Indian media, which devoted much of its coverage of his visit to the subject, to the detriment of his core message that he wanted to boost trade and business links between Britain and India.

But Pakistan’s high commissioner to Britain, Wajid Shamsul Hasan, said in a column in the Guardian newspaper that Mr. Cameron had “damaged the prospects of regional peace“.

“He is new in government. Maybe he will learn soon and know how to handle things,” Mr. Hasan later told the BBC.

In a briefing with British journalists covering the tour, Foreign Secretary William Hague came under a barrage of questions on Thursday on whether Cameron might watch his words more carefully in future.

“The prime minister speaks the truth and we are all united and clear and happy about what he said,” Mr. Hague said.

“The prime minister is a great diplomat and I see that in action every day when he’s dealing with foreign leaders. He is a natural at it, so I don’t think you need to be worried on that score,” he said.

David Miliband, who was foreign minister under the previous government, jumped on the opportunity to attack Cameron.

“I think there’s a big difference between straight-talking and being a loudmouth,” he told BBC radio.

“It’s very, very important that the prime minister ... understands we have got two ears and one mouth and it’s very important to use them in that proportion.”

Mr. Cameron will get a direct response from Pakistan when he hosts President Asif Ali Zardari at his Chequers country residence in Britain next week.

Asked in his interview with British broadcasters whether he regretted damaging relations with Pakistan ahead of the meeting, he said: “I don’t accept that they have been damaged ... I look forward to discussing these and other issues (with Zardari).”

Frank talk from Cameron shakes up British diplomacy - The Globe and Mail

Madam, Milliband is in the opposition, its their duty to criticize. The person in power matters. Still to suit your taste, this is some heartening news, I am sure you will get lots of this type which carries no real value.
I repeat, its the person in power who decides, the opposition has a job to oppose. So when Zardari goes to LOndon next week, he would not go to Milliband to say thank you, but would be listening to the PM.

When did i say that PM doesn't matter? I am only applauding Milliband on his candid talk just like you guys are jumping up and down on frank talk of British PM.

Last edited:
It is unfortunate that not a single Pakistani has seen any sense in widespread negative media attention that Pakistan gets. There is no smoke without fire and it is time for a pinch of introspection.

:cheers:
we have seen smoke many times without fire like WMD in iraq and the country is now in shreds.
And we have see fire without smoke like israel in ME.
It is all game of media control.
Enjoy that u are in their good books while it lasts.
cheers

UK PM draws fire with frank talk

New Delhi - British Prime Minister David Cameron has revealed a plain-speaking streak during a tour of Turkey and India that raises questions over whether it is down to youthful inexperience or a bold new approach to diplomacy.

He caused anger among Israelis by saying in Turkey that Gaza was a "prison camp", and went on to offend Islamabad when he suggested in front of an Indian audience in Bangalore that Pakistan "promoted the export of terror".

In Ankara he also dismissed opponents of Turkish membership of the European Union as "protectionist, polarised or prejudiced", an analysis which will not be shared in Paris or Berlin. France and Germany oppose Turkish entry.

"I think it's important, as I say, to speak frankly about these things to countries that are your friends," Cameron said on Thursday in an interview with British broadcasters, adding that he would "do so in the future" as well.

India happy, Pakistan disturbed

At 43, Cameron is the youngest British prime minister in nearly two centuries. He has been in office since May.

His comments on Pakistan delighted the Indian media, which devoted much of its coverage of his visit to the subject, to the detriment of his core message that he wanted to boost trade and business links between Britain and India.

Pakistan's high commissioner to Britain, Wajid Shamsul Hasan, called Cameron's comments "completely contrary to the realities on the ground".

"A bilateral visit (to India) aimed at attracting business could have been conducted without damaging the prospects of regional peace," he wrote in a column in Thursday's edition of the British newspaper The Guardian.

'A great diplomat'

The Israeli ambassador to Britain, Ron Prosor, was equally unimpressed. "The people of Gaza are the prisoners of the terrorist organisation Hamas," he said in a sharp retort to Cameron's "prison camp" comment.

In a briefing with British journalists covering the tour, Foreign Secretary William Hague came under a barrage of questions on Thursday on whether Cameron might watch his words more carefully in future.

"The prime minister speaks the truth and we are all united and clear and happy about what he said," Hague said.

"The prime minister is a great diplomat and I see that in action every day when he's dealing with foreign leaders. He is a natural at it, so I don't think you need to be worried on that score," he said.

Cameron will get a direct response from Pakistan when he hosts President Asif Ali Zardari at his Chequers country residence in Britain next week.

Asked in his interview with British broadcasters whether he regretted damaging relations with Pakistan ahead of the meeting, he said: "I don't accept that they have been damaged ... I look forward to discussing these and other issues (with Zardari)."

UK PM draws fire with frank talk: News24: World: News

I like this frank PM very much. I am sure Indians will welcome his frank talk about Israel as well.:devil:

PS. Yes Pakistanis are terrorists and so are Israelis. Happy?
:yahoo:

Last edited:
Benny you must be a desperate dirty piece of **** to pull some bad comments.You think Pakistanis give a **** what average briton or American thinks?These are the same people who think Indians stink and smell but you'd love to act like a whore- don't you.It's funny that Indians somehow feel that Britons think much better of you.You see Indians are the same piece of **** who when sikhs are mistakenly attacked for terrorists say they're not Muslims instead of saying terrorists have no religion.I can pull far dirtier comments about Indians by Americans/Europeons right now but that would probably get be banned.

I know I should not interrupt but....I seriously got amused by your burning....lol

I know I should not interrupt but....I seriously got amused by your burning....lol

I know that I shouldn't have interrupted either but amusement at some one else's expense is a fav past time for some indian friends here.
Amusement here and talking trash some where else........ LOL (sarcastic one)

Back
Top Bottom