What's new

Cameron Munter meets Gen. Kayani

laiqs@mi

Reaction score
8-10-2011_78393_1.gif

it is very important meeting....

the US is trying to break the thaw in relations. the mil-to-mil relations are at a complete standstill and this may be an effort to build some trust back.

muntor was asking to allow free movement of amreekiz and consulate in Quetta, Kayani asked for unconditional aid in return...

Brother does the nation really need that aid or Top brass or our corrupt politicans need it for pocketing it. If we are to stand-up on our feet (we should atleast try), we should not ask for any aid from the west.

Thanks

^^ You planning some sort of Tahrir Square? Because I'd say only something of that level can oust corrupt politicians in Pakistan and India.

Brother does the nation really need that aid or Top brass or our corrupt politicans need it for pocketing it. If we are to stand-up on our feet (we should atleast try), we should not ask for any aid from the west.

Thanks

we really dont need aid if ppl pay taxes, only about 2% ppl pay taxes, but nobody is ready to pay taxes to zardari's government.

muntor was asking to allow free movement of amreekiz and consulate in Quetta, Kayani asked for unconditional aid in return...

Bull's eye. I am surely against alms but if the aid is really unconditional and hard cash, then it's way too tempting to turn down. And anything that's not cash & has strings attaches is waste, it only fills in the coffers of US based NGOs & bureaucracy...

Now that theory aside, I doubt Kayani said that to Munter!

That is more like a person asks his enemy to give him money to commit suicide.
kyani asking them for aid and then letting them every thing they do against the nation. :hitwall:

That is more like a person asks his enemy to give him money to commit suicide.
kyani asking them for aid and then letting them every thing they do against the nation. :hitwall:

Sir, I doubt Kiyani said that...

I pray to ALLAH that he do not say that.
I was quoting someones post.

Looks like Kiyani is the man the US can "reach out" to - that's what you get when officers who rise to the COAS position "get" training in US military academies.

It is unthinkable that a sitting US officer, let alone COAS would meet with a ambassador of a hostile foreign power - but then again in the US the military doe snot run it's own show

Looks like Kiyani is the man the US can "reach out" to - that's what you get when officers who rise to the COAS position "get" training in US military academies.

Majority of those who will rise to Maj Gen, have already been to US but trust me, that does little to aid Americans unless they inspire one in hundred. Kayani, is often willing to talk, as he knows what he wants...

But I do believe, COAS, or for that matter any PA officer, should avoid meeting any foreigners other than those in unifrom...

Infact that's a rule observed by everyone in army, COAS is treated as above that, though...

Back
Top Bottom