What's new

Call for Beijing to work with Taiwan to reunify in Chinese-style democracy

How can the CCP brainwash me if I grew up in Hong Kong before the handover? :P

Yet I still support the CCP. Because logically it is the CCP who have the best chance to return the Chinese civilization to greatness.

The KMT lost the civil war over half a century ago. They lost the mainland and they lost the source and authority of the Chinese civilization.
u are 亲中派. that's your decision to be a slave-lover of CCP. if you love CCP so much, you can join in CCP or set up a CCP branch in HK

KMT killed 200 million Chinese and left China more backward than the Qing Dynasty, they will never be forgiven in China's history.

Go to overthrow CPC if you can, otherwise just shut the fck up.

CCP killed more, CCP will not have a better reputation than KMT in chinese history. take ease. Maybe I touch your pain point

KMT killed 200 million Chinese and left China more backward than the Qing Dynasty, they will never be forgiven in China's history.

CCP killed more, CCP will not have a better reputation than KMT in chinese history. take ease. Maybe I touch your pain point

CPC made China's population up to 1.4 billion, while KMT made China's population decreasing, your comprehension failed, your math failed.

u are 亲中派. that's your decision to be a slave-lover of CCP. if you love CCP so much, you can join in CCP or set up a CCP branch in HK

And what is wrong with being pro-China and pro-Beijing? Like the rest of HK people, I am Han Chinese, so who else should I be loyal to?

My family was one of the very FIRST to settle in Hong Kong island (we are of Hakka descent). We are as close to native Hong Kongers as it gets.

I went to an International school in HK, this was before the Handover. Our curriculum was an international one, and it was from international textbooks that I learned about the Chinese civil war. In which I learned all about the failings of the KMT.

And regardless, today it is the CCP who controls the Chinese mainland. The Chinese mainland contains 99% of the Chinese people in the world, and also holds the source and authority for Chinese civilization and history. There is nothing the KMT can do, you lost all the leverage half a century ago, there is no chance left for you.

CPC made China's population up to 1.4 billion, while KMT made China's population decreasing, your comprehension failed, your math failed.
CCP uses one-child policy to kill 2 billion chinese

And what is wrong with being pro-China and pro-Beijing? Like the rest of HK people, I am Han Chinese, so who else should I be loyal to?

My family was one of the very FIRST to settle in Hong Kong island (we are of Hakka descent). We are as close to native Hong Kongers as it gets.

I went to an International school in HK, this was before the Handover. Our curriculum was an international one, and it was from international textbooks that I learned about the Chinese civil war. In which I learned all about the failings of the KMT.

And regardless, today it is the CCP who controls the Chinese mainland. The Chinese mainland contains 99% of the Chinese people in the world, and also holds the source and authority for Chinese civilization and history. There is nothing the KMT can do, you lost all the leverage half a century ago, there is no chance left for you.

Pro-China is OK but standing with the evil CCP is another case

One child policy is making our country more sustainable.

You sound even more radical than a right-wing evangelist in USA, the one child policy is not even abortion.

Unlike your beloved KMT that made our people into the trash population with over 90% of illiteracy, then physically exterminated them by 200 million.

Than what would they do? Stick with the liberal democracy? Become a "civilized" nation like the West? Do you know how many people died because of the "liberal" democracy of the US? What kind of democracy are you talking about? The one that creates the illusion that you elect your own leader?

Liberal democracy is a shame in the World history. It will be demonized in the human history. Not the CCP. I don't know any country that CCP invaded to change it's system. When you talk about democracy against single party rule you talk like one is superior than the other. Based on what? Look at India and China with similar populations. A century ago, an average Indian was 2 times richer than an avarage Chinese. Today an avarage Chinese is 4 times richer than an average Indian.

Than how dare you claim that CPC is evil. Do you know how many Chinese were lifted from the poverty line? Do you know even the Tibetan population has started to increase after centuries because of the social services that CPC brought there?

I'm sorry but if I were Chinese, I wouldn't let a bunch of businessmen who has ties with American Imperialism come and rule my country, create the illusion of election and make me believe that I elect my own leader. If you want such a liberal democracy go to US and never go back. Because a considerable amount of World population -not just Chinese- wants to see a portion of the World is ruled by Marxism. You can go on and live your life to make somebody else rich and powerful, while in a Marxist society people work for themselves. That's the difference between a "people's republic" and the normal republic.

For the democracy in China part;

I think one party rule should continue in the nation level. But the local governments can be elected by the people. Their election funds should be directly given by CCP and they should never perform private fund raising because that's the main thing that kills the democracy. The national Marxist party should intervene with the inner politics of the local governments as least as possible.

Also the collective ownership of the companies should spread. Because it's many times proven to be the most effective way of conducting business and also the most humanitarian way.

haha, most chinese people have been brainwashed by CCP and CCP use its medias to enslave the people. can rubbish CCP learn from KMT to educate the people about what is democracy, how to prptect their human right? Compared with KMT, CCP is definitely a bunch of *****
中共得罪的人前无古人,不差你一屋,鉴于你在泰国,我猜国民党残部?大地主?政治犯。。

中共得罪的人前无古人,不差你一屋,鉴于你在泰国,我猜国民党残部?大地主?政治犯。。

What do you mean?

Than what would they do? Stick with the liberal democracy? Become a "civilized" nation like the West? Do you know how many people died because of the "liberal" democracy of the US? What kind of democracy are you talking about? The one that creates the illusion that you elect your own leader?

Liberal democracy is a shame in the World history. It will be demonized in the human history. Not the CCP. I don't know any country that CCP invaded to change it's system. When you talk about democracy against single party rule you talk like one is superior than the other. Based on what? Look at India and China with similar populations. A century ago, an average Indian was 2 times richer than an avarage Chinese. Today an avarage Chinese is 4 times richer than an average Indian.

Than how dare you claim that CPC is evil. Do you know how many Chinese were lifted from the poverty line? Do you know even the Tibetan population has started to increase after centuries because of the social services that CPC brought there?

I'm sorry but if I were Chinese, I wouldn't let a bunch of businessmen who has ties with American Imperialism come and rule my country, create the illusion of election and make me believe that I elect my own leader. If you want such a liberal democracy go to US and never go back. Because a considerable amount of World population -not just Chinese- wants to see a portion of the World is ruled by Marxism. You can go on and live your life to make somebody else rich and powerful, while in a Marxist society people work for themselves. That's the difference between a "people's republic" and the normal republic.

For the democracy in China part;

I think one party rule should continue in the nation level. But the local governments can be elected by the people. Their election funds should be directly given by CCP and they should never perform private fund raising because that's the main thing that kills the democracy. The national Marxist party should intervene with the inner politics of the local governments as least as possible.

Also the collective ownership of the companies should spread. Because it's many times proven to be the most effective way of conducting business and also the most humanitarian way.
Come to China to enjoy the sunshine of CCP

The longer tw takes, the less CCP will offer.

Now, CCP's offer includes to keep tw's currency, police, army and etc independent except the foreign diplomacy.

You think CCP will still be that generous after another 5 years or 10 years?

4fdc2232a3907faa8843bf52e6776a52.jpg

Hau Pei-tsun says Beijing can learn from Taiwan's experiences.

Former Taiwanese premier Hau Pei-tsun called on Beijing to abandon any threat of force against Taiwan and work with Taipei to reunify the two sides under a new "Chinese-style" democracy.

Hua told a lecture at City University in Hong Kong that the two steps were necessary to achieve "the Chinese dream", a phrase President Xi Jinping has used frequently to describe his vision for the country.

"The premise for democracy should be to stop the fighting between Chinese people and to end the era of political power that grows out of the barrel of a gun, which are key elements to realising 'the China dream'," Hau, 95, said during the Friday lecture.

The Kuomintang elder said Beijing could learn from Taiwan's experiences in implementing democracy since Kuomintang leader Chiang Kai-shek died in 1975.

He noted Lee Teng-hui's peaceful succession to president following Chiang's son, Chiang Ching-kuo, in 1988.

"Taiwan started democratic reform to end one-party rule and lifted a press ban when the domestic economy was taking off in the 1980s," said Hau, suggesting that mainlanders would desire similar political reforms as their living standard improves.

Hau's participation in the second world war and the KMT's civil war against the Communist Party earned him the rank of five-star general. He was credited with successfully defending Quemoy island during a weeks-long bombardment by the People's Liberation Army.

He resigned as chief of the general staff of Taiwan's Ministry of National Defence in 1989, after Lee appointed him premier.

Hau said that cross-strait relations had improved greatly since the end of the cold war, decreasing the threat of military conflict. The much smaller Taiwanese military long ago gave up any hope of reconquering the mainland.

"The slogans of 'countering back the mainland' created by Chiang Kai-shek and 'liberating Taiwan' by Mao Zedong several decades ago should be forgotten because none of them could be put into practice," Hau said. "The future development of cross-strait relations should stick to 'no war, no independence and gradual unification'."

He proposed a "Chinese-style" alternative to Western-style democracy in which the number of political parties would be controlled.

"The [Chinese-style] democratic system couldn't allow too many political parities," he said.

"Only major parties with at least 20 per cent of public popularity would qualify to nominate candidates."

Call for Beijing to work with Taiwan to reunify in 'Chinese-style' democracy | South China Morning Post

I don't think there are mainland Chinese of today who support communism.

Speaking of praising CCP too much here...is kind of empty words.

They are actually pointing the PURE China, rather then the EVIL communist.

"Learn from Taiwan's political system?" I am sorry, but I have to ask, is this a joke? Let me give you a few names, Ma Ying-jeou, Chen Shui-bian, Lee Teng-hui. I don't know about you, but I have absolute no interest in allowing my country ran by a circus.

Mao's original statement is that "everyone should realize that political power grows out of the barrel of a gun". In other words, he is letting you know the reality of the world. This has been the reality since there is life on earth.

As for the comment on "people's republic", if you believes that the ability to circle one of the predetermined candidates' name every four year accounts for more democracy than the ability of ordinary people to advance past their birth status, then I have a bridge to sell.

Oh, btw, just for the record, mainland China has very good leaders and they have done a superb job.

I don't think there are mainland Chinese of today who support communism.

Speaking of praising CCP too much here...is kind of empty words.

They are actually pointing the PURE China, rather then the EVIL communist.

Most of them support CPC, while almost none of the sane Mainlanders will support KMT. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom