What's new

Cairo Islamists protest French paper's prophet cartoon

RockyX

Reaction score
Cairo Islamists protest French paper's prophet cartoon

By Agence France-Presse, November 11, 2011

CAIRO: Hundreds of hardline Islamists protested outside France's embassy in Cairo on Friday against a French satirical newspaper that published pictures of the Muslim prophet, the state MENA news agency reported.

The news agency quoted Khaled Said, the spokesman of the Salafi group that organized the protest, as warning of "an escalation in peaceful measures against French interests," including a boycott of French goods.

The Islamist said his group had submitted a protest to the embassy and organized the demonstration after the French government described the affair as a freedom of speech issue.

MENA did not report any violence in the protest, which was organized after the main weekly Muslim prayers.

The weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo renamed itself Charia (sharia — Islamic law) Hebdo for a special Arab Spring edition and featured a front-page cartoon of the prophet Mohamed saying: "100 lashes if you don't die of laughter!"

Its offices in Paris were destroyed in a suspected firebomb attack on Nov. 2.

Jihadist groups urged Muslims in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia "to protest and demand that their current leaders threaten to sever ties with France" if the publishing license for Charlie Hebdo is not revoked, and that similar acts against Islam be "criminalized," the SITE Intelligence group reported.

stupid french new papers, the only way they can make someone laugh is by making fun of others. very creative indeed
you mean ALL the french newspapers?

did you read the "charlie hebdo"? do you know what it was about?

its about time French should start showing some respect..its return of the crusaders i believe!

its about time French should start showing some respect..its return of the crusaders i believe!
Not at all.

This is not a newspaper about news . this is nothing about an official newspaper.
charlie hebdo is totally independant paper and is doing mocquery of EVERYTHING, from politics to arts, from religion to personalities .

The people who burned it didn't at all read the inside. i bought it to know what it was about.
and clearly there is nothing to feel insulted.

Charlie Hebdo was drawing our prophet who was speaking of news. our prophet was like a reporter.
that 's all about !

Charlie Hebdo makes fun of all religions. I show you some of their drawings showing that theyare even harder to the catholics for exemple:
so much that extremist catholic group of Lefebvre was strongly protesting .
Even Jew association many times go to court because of their drawing.
But from now there are ten times more problems with catholics than with muslims.

the big muslim organizations and the Paris Mosque clearly said that there should not be the prophet drawed if they want to show some respect but in the same time they say that there is no insult.

here are the drawing about catholics:
images

images

written the suppositary and the a.. h.le
images

"this is my body"

images

images

this is a paper very provocative but if people don't like they don't buy. they have financial problems ...

Not at all.

This is not a newspaper about news . this is nothing about an official newspaper.
charlie hebdo is totally independant paper and is doing mocquery of EVERYTHING, from politics to arts, from religion to personalities .

The people who burned it didn't at all read the inside. i bought it to know what it was about.
and clearly there is nothing to feel insulted.

Charlie Hebdo was drawing our prophet who was speaking of news. our prophet was like a reporter.
that 's all about !

Charlie Hebdo makes fun of all religions. I show you some of their drawings showing that theyare even harder to the catholics for exemple:
so much that extremist catholic group of Lefebvre was strongly protesting .
Even Jew association many times go to court because of their drawing.
But from now there are ten times more problems with catholics than with muslims.

the big muslim organizations and the Paris Mosque clearly said that there should not be the prophet drawed if they want to show some respect but in the same time they say that there is no insult.

here are the drawing about catholics:
images

images

written the suppositary and the a.. h.le
images

"this is my body"

images

images

this is a paper very provocative but if people don't like they don't buy. they have financial problems ...

Whatever they do no one has given them anyrights to draw the cartoon of Prophet or humilated other religions .
Freedom of speech is a freedom where u dont cross the limit of hurting people's sentiments.
This papers should be warned abt there doings and if they still do the same ban it coz it will for obvious reason infuriate Muslims if not other religions.

And in the end Muslims will end up being extermist and all that BS.........

Well what else can be expected? Muslims should understand that these countries are "secular" ! Today's West is referred to as "post-Christian" West.They don't even give a **** about Jesus,Bible or Christianity...how can one expect them to respect Islam as we do? Heck! some time ago...one company here in US ..printed Jesus Christ on male underwears . . . . :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom