What's new

Cabinet Committee on security quietly clears the sale of 42 additional SU-30 MKI

Sorry Dassault, no 40 Rafales from you guys

but those rafale were supposed to be dlivered in a very quick time, to cover the depletion of fighters in IAF (the report said)..but these 42 MKIs will come at around 2018 around the time we will get all the MKIs..so how is it relevant to the Rafale offer ??:confused:

yes it is but the new order of 42 a/c around 3Billion dollar. I think it is most advance version of mki when it come around it has internal weapon system, AESA radar, currently mki has huge rcs so later it will come with ram coating. Also i read some forum that consideration of new engine saturn 117s which has greater thrust and it is SC.

are you saying that it would be like PAKFA's lil brother with PAKFA tech applied wherever possible.....that would make it like the F15 silent eagle with internal weapon bays

yes it is but the new order of 42 a/c around 3Billion dollar. I think it is most advance version of mki when it come around it has internal weapon system, AESA radar, currently mki has huge rcs so later it will come with ram coating. Also i read some forum that consideration of new engine saturn 117s which has greater thrust and it is SC.

AESA and more advanced RAM will be there no doubt but what about 'internal weapon system'? MKI's RCS is not that huge its look but reduced with RAM coatings.

Its quite puzzling to me right now, As far as I understand SU 35BM is being offered at 65 M$ and our MKI will be costing 12m$ more. So can we believe that it will be more potent than SU 35BM in terms of RCS, RADAR etc? any thoughts:cheers:

Tx
Sri.

I also mean that! But how can we put internal weapon bay in MKI? Is there any report about it? Just want to know. It would be a new info for me. Thanks.

As per wiki
The United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) and HAL plan to integrate several features developed from the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft program into the Su-30MKI. These features include internal weapons carriage and radar absorbent material, Active Phased Array Radar, and enhancement of situational awareness by incorporating active electronically scanned transmit/receive arrays on the aircraft’s wings and pumping up the defensive-aids suite by installing a combined radar/laser warning system and a missile approach warning system

Su-30MKI to go stealthy - Defence Aviation

The United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) and HAL plan to integrate several features developed from the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft program into the Su-30MKI. These features include internal weapons carriage and radar absorbent material, Active Phased Array Radar, and enhancement of situational awareness by incorporating active electronically scanned transmit/receive arrays on the aircraft’s wings and pumping up the defensive-aids suite by installing a combined radar/laser warning system and a missile approach warning system

Defunct Humanity: OLS-35 IRST option for Su-30 family --- OLS-35 & IRST fitted in up-gradation

Defunct Humanity: 'Bars' upgrade potential -- New Bar ASEA

AESA and more advanced RAM will be there no doubt but what about 'internal weapon system'? MKI's RCS is not that huge its look but reduced with RAM coatings.

AESA - likely, upgraded BARS

More RAM coating - for sure

S117 engine - possible, but not sure about SC, because of the weight difference compared to Su 35

Internal weapon bay - no way, because Brahmos will be carried on the centerline stations

New avionics - no doubt

Internal weapons bay is a fanboy's imagination..its not designed to have internal bay..however AESA radar and RAM coating is possible...even making it able to carry Brahmos is possible...

AESA - likely, upgraded BARS

More RAM coating - for sure

S117 engine - possible, but not sure about SC, because of the weight difference compared to Su 35

Internal weapon bay - no way, because Brahmos will be carried on the centerline stations

New avionics - no doubt

But these enhancements as far as I understand do not add upto 37 M$ (Difference 77$ - 40 M $ Current)
There should be something more to the deal:cheers: Any thoughts

around 40 mki fitted with brahmos not all so it is quite possible after that still we have around 200+ plane ???

Internal weapons bay is a fanboy's imagination..its not designed to have internal bay..however AESA radar and RAM coating is possible...even making it able to carry Brahmos is possible...

When f-15 come there is no possibility that us put internal weapon bay but they did it so why not we can put this think.

^^ Because we dont need to...whole plane will have to be redesigned and will cost a lot..if we want ot make it low observable why not use active stealth in place of stopping production and wait for the new design to be tested and then start producing again..this means atleast 4-5 years delay...

And BTW F-15 silent eagle is nothing but a stop-gap and cost effective measure for the countries who want to have a stealth plane in its inventory...
When we are going to have a real 5 gen.lane in 7-8 years, why should be get into this Silent eagle type business..?

But these enhancements as far as I understand do not add upto 37 M$ (Difference 77$ - 40 M $ Current)
There should be something more to the deal:cheers: Any thoughts

Are the $37 millions confirmed for our MKIs and if yes, including the avionics pack? If Su 35 costs around $60 millions, why should the upgraded MKI with AESA and new avionics not cost some more?

around 40 mki fitted with brahmos not all so it is quite possible after that still we have around 200+ plane ???

There was no report about 40 MKIs fitted with Brahmos, it is an upgrade for the complete Su 30 / Flanker series, which means, our older MKIs will get the same capability with the upgrade too and even other export Su 30s should be able to use it (SU 30 MKM for example).
On the other hand, only a single report with a photoshopped picture of a stealthy MKI was published from Force magazin, which I think is not really reliable. So I keep big doubt about that!

When f-15 come there is no possibility that us put internal weapon bay but they did it so why not we can put this think.

You have to keep in mind, that the F15SE is just a normal F15 with CFTs, but the CFTs have an internal weapon bay, not the fighter itself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom