What's new

CAA and Ghar Wapsi

First you claims that this laws imply only for Illegal MUSLIM immigrants from Bangladesh/Myanmar and suddenly you changed that all religions but mostly these illegal immigrants from Bangladesh and Myanmar are Muslims

I did not change anything.

The current process is same for all illegal immigrants irrespective of their religion or country of origin.

CAA is applicable only for illegal non-Muslims belonging to three Muslim neighboring countries of India.

The current process is still applicable and available for all other illegal immigrants including Muslims from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan who have been excluded from CAA.

You got it the other way around.

Assam and North east people are very sensitive about their ethnicity and culture.

They have been opposing all amnesty including for non-Muslims.

They have already constructed the detention centers.

Central government has passed CAA in hurry to prevent these illegal people from being put in the detention centers in Assam and the North east.
MY QUESTION REMAINS IF YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO SETTLED THESES ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN DETENTION CAMPS IN ASSAM/NORTH EASTERN STATES AND BECOME BURDEN ON GOVT WHY NOT YOU GIVE THEM NATIONALITY AND THEY WILL BECOME USEFUL AND ABSORB IN INDIAN SOCIETY

These illegal people once granted amnesty/citizenship would surely be settled in other states of India and central government has promised and included North eastern states in the inner line permit i.e these illegal people, like other citizens of India, cannot settle in North Eastern states.

Wrong example. CAA is akin to the US providing amnesty/citizenship to the illegal Latinos who are already living in the US for many years

US providing amnesty/citizenship to the illegal Latinos who are already living in the US for many years, here point is LATINOS, so provide a proof and take advantage of this scheme.

Similarly Indian CAA referes to certain religions, so provide proof and take advantage.

no worries.

I did not change anything.

The current process is same for all illegal immigrants irrespective of their religion or country of origin.

CAA is applicable only for illegal non-Muslims belonging to three Muslim neighboring countries of India.

The current process is still applicable and available for all other illegal immigrants including Muslims from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan who have been excluded from CAA.
NA READ YOUR EARLY POST IN THIS THREAD YOU CLEARLY STATES ABOVE YOUR FIRST FEW POSTS IF ILLEGAL MUSLIMS IMMIGRANT WANT A CITIZENSHIP OF INDIA THEN THEY CHANGE THEIR RELIGION OR GO TO DETENTION CAMPS

MY QUESTION REMAINS IF YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO SETTLED THESES ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN DETENTION CAMPS IN ASSAM/NORTH EASTERN STATES AND BECOME BURDEN ON GOVT WHY NOT YOU GIVE THEM NATIONALITY AND THEY WILL BECOME USEFUL AND ABSORB IN INDIAN SOCIETY

Of course I agree and I myself have stated that one time amnesty/citizenship should have been given to all illegals who are already living in India as part of CAA.

Even so when the illegal Muslims only constitute 1% of all illegals immigrants in India.

It does not make any sense to exclude the illegal Muslims alone.

My guess is that for many decades BJP had built up a theme/narrative that they will throw out illegal Bangladeshi Muslims to garner right wing Hindu votes. Backing out on that now will be suicidal for their party. Hence illegal Muslims have been excluded in CAA.

I am at least happy that others (specifically Christians) would now be officially absorbed into the country.

Of course I agree and I myself have stated that one time amnesty/citizenship should have been given to all illegals who are already living in India as part of CAA.

Even so when the illegal Muslims only constitute 1% of all illegals immigrants in India.

It does not make any sense to exclude the illegal Muslims alone.

My guess is that for many decades BJP had built up a theme/narrative that they will throw out illegal Bangladeshi Muslims to garner right wing Hindu votes. Backing out on that now will be suicidal for their party. Hence illegal Muslims have been excluded in CAA.

I am at least happy that others (specifically Christians) would now be officially absorbed into the country.
OK, i not interested anymore to this useless/endless debates, you are going to my ignore list bye bye:wave:

US providing amnesty/citizenship to the illegal Latinos who are already living in the US for many years, here point is LATINOS, so provide a proof and take advantage of this scheme.

Similarly Indian CAA referes to certain religions, so provide proof and take advantage.

Believe me no proof would be required. Many of them do not have any documentation.

You may be confusing CAA with the proposed nation wide NRC.

Nation wide NRC will never take off.

India already has a law which bans all religious conversions.
Not quite true, they have been converting Muslims to hinduism since Gujarat massacre
mdpi said:
organizations allied with the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) are actively promoting mass conversions to Hinduism. Other religions organize mass conversions, usually of Dalits, away from Hinduism and its legacy of caste discrimination. While several states have controversial laws placing restrictions on mass conversions from Hinduism, mass conversions to Hinduism are often seen as being promoted rather than restricted.

Right chart...
EMJ6I3wVUAAO6-T.jpg

NA READ YOUR EARLY POST IN THIS THREAD YOU CLEARLY STATES ABOVE YOUR FIRST FEW POSTS IF ILLEGAL MUSLIMS IMMIGRANT WANT A CITIZENSHIP OF INDIA THEN THEY CHANGE THEIR RELIGION OR GO TO DETENTION CAMPS

Correct.

Here you need to understand that there is a difference between illegals in Assam vs Illegals in other states of India.

In Assam there was already an NRC exercise conducted (monitored and driven by the Supreme Court of India) and people who could not prove their citizenship will be going into the detention centers.

In other states where there is no NRC, The illegals can still apply for refugee status and followed by citizenship when they become eligible.

For example a Shia or Ahmedi who have illegally immigrated from Pakistan living in the state of Indian Punjab could apply for refugee status and citizen in the normal (non CAA) process.

Correct.

Here you need to understand that there is a difference between illegals in Assam vs Illegals in other states of India.

In Assam there was already an NRC exercise conducted (monitored and driven by the Supreme Court of India) and people who could not prove their citizenship will be going into the detention centers.

In other states where there is no NRC, The illegals can still apply for refugee status and followed by citizenship when they become eligible.

For example a Shia or Ahmedi who have illegally immigrated from Pakistan living in the state of Indian Punjab could apply for refugee status and citizen in the normal (non CAA) process.
CAA is the anti Muslim laws of India ad that's its you have lame justifications of this anti Muslim law

CAA is the anti Muslim laws of India ad that's its you have lame justifications of this anti Muslim law

I did not justify anything.

I fully support the CAA though I wish it included amnesty to all illegal immigrants living in India.

Back
Top Bottom