What's new

Byco to Start Pakistan’s Biggest Refinery By December

Congratz. Gud news. .definately it will help pakistan economy.,,,best wishes from india

Thanks Man. but can u tell me why India pulled backed from the Iran Pakistan India Gas project... It would have played an important role in bridging demand supply gap of gas in India. I think due to lack of trust and dependency on Pakistan.

Thanks Man. but can u tell me why India pulled backed from the Iran Pakistan India Gas project... It would have played an important role in bridging demand supply gap of gas in India. I think due to lack of trust and dependency on Pakistan.

High prices

even Pakistan wasn't happy going after this gas deal alone as the prices Iran offering were too expensive. We could only agree to this deal if India were to join and compensated us some money for transit fee that ultimately reduce the overall price for buying this gas for domestic purposes.

But India backed off and we needed gas at all conditions so we had to still go ahead alone :undecided:

The gas we bought from Iran is at least 2-3 times more expensive than our domestic gas we produce from Sui fields. (can't remember the exact price now)

Top 10 largest refinery of the World:

1-Paraguana Refining Complex (CRP) ,Amuay and Cardón, Venezuela 940,000Barrels per Day
2-Reliance Industries II (Merger of Reliance Petroleum with Reliance Industries) Jamnagar GJ, India 700,000Barrels per Day
3-SK Energy Ulsan Refinery (SK Energy) South Korea 840,000Barrels per Day
4-Yeosu Refinery (GS Caltex) South Korea 700,000Barrels per Day
5-Reliance Industries II (Merger of Reliance Petroleum with Reliance Industries) Jamnagar, India 700,000Barrels per Day
6-Reliance Industries I1 (merged) Jamnagar GJ, India 661,000Barrels per Day
7-Jurong Island Refinery (ExxonMobil) Singapore 605,000Barrels per Day
8-Baytown Refinery (ExxonMobil) Baytown, TX, USA 572,500Barrels per Day
9-Ras Tanura Refinery (Saudi Aramco) Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia 525,000Barrels per Day
10-S-Oil Ulsan Refinery (S-Oil) South Korea 520,000Barrels per Day

For the record.

Reliance Industries has added a new refinery now in operation at the speical economic zone in Jamnagar with a capacity of 580,000 barels per day. Thus the combined capacity of the two refineries together at 1.2-million barrels per day make it the largest and most complex petroleum refining complex in the world.

^^ ye..thats true..why is not RIL in the list..some typo..?

Biggest factor was the unwillingness of Pakistan to give delivery on INDIA-PAKISTAN border which considering the transit fees india was going to pay was its right. But Pakistan wanted us to take delivery at IRAN-PAKISTAN border..considering the kind of relation we have this was highly unlikely to be..who wants to be hold hostage by a group of terrorists..?

Biggest factor was the unwillingness of Pakistan to give delivery on INDIA-PAKISTAN border which considering the transit fees india was going to pay was its right. But Pakistan wanted us to take delivery at IRAN-PAKISTAN border..considering the kind of relation we have this was highly unlikely to be..who wants to be hold hostage by a group of terrorists..?

You know what I find funny, India did not have a problem with the TAPI pipeline only because daddy USA was involved. Even when they were paying Enron 3 times the price for gas in the 90's, there was no complaint but the IPI was stalled by india for reasons that it overlooked for the other pipeline.

Makes you think doesn't it.

^^ bhai saab...who wants to take PANGA with the Terrorists inside some not so friendly country's soil where one cant do a thing..India's simple demand was deliver the gas on our border we will pay reasonable transit fee..

and regarding TAPI..since america is involved there is some amount of confidence that pakistani agencies will not try to be too adventurous..which is not the case with the IPI..

Zaki bhai this is one good news you shared. I hope every thing goes Ok.

By figures I concluded that by 2012 we'll be buying only crude oil from International Market and not the refined one. Sounds nice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom