What's new

Byco to Start Pakistan’s Biggest Refinery By December

☪☪☪☪;924603 said:
Man get a grip.I am sure in your heart you are wishing it never happens but it eventually will and just few minutes ago you were calling zaki a noob in this field..:rofl:

when did i call Zaki a noob ? care to point that out for me please. I really do wish this happens but want to verify the news as many other projects that were mentioned here before never ended up happening. There is nothing wrong in questioning. Im sure Zaki has the brains to reply constitutively unlike some here.

hmm sounds fair, but again we will have to wait and watch to see how much of plan materializes.

How much of what plan materializes? You seem to be picking nits for the sake of nit picking. Are you doubting that Pakistan will complete these refineries? Or are you doubting that we will import crude from the ME? What specifically is the area of grave doubt in your mind?

To add to what Zaki said earlier, typically, refining and associated profits add almost 20% to the price of crude. So by creating these refineries, not only is Pakistan developing local jobs and creating new infrastructure, it is also saving 20% of its oil import bill AND saving 20% of the roughly $8.2B it spends annually on refined oil imports - a figure which continues to grow at a healthy pace. It is realistic to expect annual foreign exchange savings of about $2B by the time these refineries come online.

when did i call Zaki a noob ? care to point that out for me please. I really do wish this happens but want to verify the news as many other projects that were mentioned here before never ended up happening. There is nothing wrong in questioning. Im sure Zaki has the brains to reply constitutively unlike some here.

So its much more that you think when its comes to oil production.
Which if you ask me is calling someone noob in a nice way.Apparently it is you who don't know much when it comes to oil production.

its already under construction my friend,

Khalifa Coastal plant i think was supposed to be constructed in Gawadar (Balochistan) that after some security reasons moved to hub (balochistan). I have seen some pictures of its construction site on internet.

I believe all these plants are under construction and there are some more oil refineries under construction having capacity of few thousand barrels per day. I just mentioned 3 biggest plants

good to see such things happening, will be a great push to the economy.

☪☪☪☪;924630 said:
Which if you ask me is calling someone noob in a nice way.Apparently it is you who don't know much when it comes to oil production.

sorry i dont intend to get into an argument with you since its useless.

How much of what plan materializes? You seem to be picking nits for the sake of nit picking. Are you doubting that Pakistan will complete these refineries? Or are you doubting that we will import crude from the ME? What specifically is the area of grave doubt in your mind?

To add to what Zaki said earlier, typically, refining and associated profits adds almost 20% to the price of crude. So by creating these refineries, not only is Pakistan developing local jobs and creating new infrastructure, it is also saving 20% off its oil import bill AND saving 20% of the roughly $8.2B it spends annually on refined oil imports - a figure which continues to grow at a healthy pace. It is realistic to expect annual foreign exchange savings of about $2B by the time these refineries come online.

The production capacity and the output is what I doubt. The number mentioned done happen overnight and take decades to materialize. Many other economical and social parameters must also be met. If producing 400000 odds barrels per day was so easy then every country on this planet would be doing that. There is a positive when it comes to refining oil locally but as i mentioned earlier its not as easy as it sounds. I dont want to write an whole essay but please research International oil regulations to see how much crude oil can be imported vs the amount of refined oil

Worldmapper: The world as you've never seen it before

These plants are a sure way forward but there is still some time left before such ventures start bearing fruit.

The production capacity and the output is what I doubt. The number mentioned done happen overnight and take decades to materialize. Many other economical and social parameters must also be met. If producing 400000 odds barrels per day was so easy then every country on this planet would be doing that. There is a positive when it comes to refining oil locally but as i mentioned earlier its not as easy as it sounds.

Ok, so will you provide some specific tangible evidence to back up the "doubt" regarding published capacities or should we take your word over that of the developers and government?

We are not interested in general commentary about things being "not as easy as they sound". This is a thread that discusses a specific piece of news, about a specific project. If you have something tangible to say about this particular topic that genuinely calls into question the advertised capacity, please do so. Otherwise your position lacks credibility.

Anything positive no matter with source is a bad,sad and un crediable news for our indian pals.
Leave it Tech Lahore... let em enjoy the fire of positivity n development.
Desi enjoy it and have fun.

Ok, so will you provide some specific tangible evidence to back up the "doubt" regarding published capacities or should we take your word over that of the developers and government?

We are not interested in general commentary about things being "not as easy as they sound". This is a thread that discusses a specific piece of news, about a specific project. If you have something tangible to say about this particular topic that genuinely calls into question the advertised capacity, please do so. Otherwise your position lacks credibility.

I am not taking any position but only passing my opinion, but seems like everyone is getting to defensive here. So point rested, enjoy your news.

I am not taking any position but only passing my opinion, but seems like everyone is getting to defensive here. So point rested, enjoy your news.

such type of opinions are also known as trolls, which is very common practice of yours, so why dont you keep ur opinions to yourself :toast_sign:

The production capacity and the output is what I doubt. The number mentioned done happen overnight and take decades to materialize. Many other economical and social parameters must also be met. If producing 400000 odds barrels per day was so easy then every country on this planet would be doing that. There is a positive when it comes to refining oil locally but as i mentioned earlier its not as easy as it sounds. I dont want to write an whole essay but please research International oil regulations to see how much crude oil can be imported vs the amount of refined oil

Worldmapper: The world as you've never seen it before

These plants are a sure way forward but there is still some time left before such ventures start bearing fruit.

well let me answer it briefly. Its not as complicated as you are assuming. You see its just 0.5 million barrels of oil per day. Look at the other countries around you. Take an example of India - your beloved country. I remember India's oil consumption was around 0.8 million barrels per day back in 2006 or 2007. Now it has risen upto 2.6 million barrels per day in another words, rise of around 2 million barrels per day in just 2-3 years time

Look at the united states, her oil consumption is around 19.95 million barrels per day according to CIA stats. Look at other european countries like Germany (2.5 million barrels), France (2.0) and The Great Britain whose oil consumption is above 1.7 million barrels per day.

All these respective countries are importing oil from Middle East, Russia and Venezuela etc. We all know Europe does not produce oil in large number of barrels (except norway). Now look at these millions of barrels of oil and compare it with Pakistan's 0.5 million of new plants.

Don't you think these plants are only a small % when compared to other nations? Look at the installed refineries in other countries for the same purposes. The owners of these plants are not fool. The arabs may be the foolish nation on earth but know how and where to trade oil and where to install these plants :D

Last edited:
Congratz. Gud news. .definately it will help pakistan economy.,,,best wishes from india

actually to burst the bubble oil production does not work like that. Its as simple as we produce this much and we sell that much. You need to have a constant supply of crude oil which Pakistan does not have in sufficient quantity or has not been extracted yet. Secondly there are many international regulations on the amount of production you can export. If Pakistan starts selling oil like that international prices will take a beating. Another point is that these plant almost never run at full capacity and im not even sure the number you have given are right. The look a big over inflated. One more thing is the willingness of countries to take oil from Pakistan, there are many security and long term stability issues.

Pakistan Oil - production - Economy

Are you sure these figures are not per year rather than per day. In 2010 till date the whole of Pakistan only produces around 60000 barrels per day. So its much more that you think when its comes to oil production. Achieving the numbers you have given will take a lot of work and luck. With such numbers Pakistan will almost produce more than half of India's production which is highly unlikely but again is possible.

Please always use the "National Figures" as provided by the Government of the Country.

Here are some National figures :

Source : Pakistan Economic Survey 2009-2010 - Annual Figures for 2008-2009

Crude Oil : Imported 62,115,000 Barrels, Internal Production : 24,033,000.

So total Crude Refined in Pakistan : 86,148,000 Barrels

Byco Refinery Production : 100,000 Barrels per day i.e. 36,500,000 Annually = about 5 Million Tons

Refined Products : Imported 9,974,000 Tons, Internal Production 9,828,000 Tonnes

As such Byco is a good sized Refinery to meet Pakistan’s Internal Requirement.

There are no International Regulations for the Refining the AMOUNT of Petroleum Refining by any nation. IOW if a specific Refinery can refine Crude at a cheaper rate then so be it. The rest of the World will only be too happy to get cheaper products. The Regulations are for Technical Purposes i.e. Sulphur, antimony etc. content.

You must be aware that the Reliance Refinery Complex processes about 1,200,000 Barrels a day. The next door Essar Refinery processes about 300,000 Barrels a day and it is being expanded to process possibly 400,000 to 600,000 Barrels a day.

As such all three Refineries in Pakistan can go Full Throttle without the need of any International Approval. They can conume whatever quantity the want to in Pakistan and Export the Rest.

Where or Whether or whatever Pakistan's Refineries procure the Crude Oil is for them to decide and neither you nor I have any locus standi to question it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom