What's new

By-Poll Results: Worries for BJP in UP, Gujarat, States it Swept Four Months Ago

Modi should control some of his MPs. Love Jihad is too flimsy a reason for people to vote for BJP. They should have instead highighted opposition parties misrule. Only Modi can take BJP to greater heights. Amit Shah days are done
People are over reacting to these By-polls. Especially news channel claiming Modi ka jaadu khatam, Modi fails test and what not. It's a rap on the knuckles for sure, but saying Amit shah's days are gone is stretching it a bit too far. He is focused on assembly election in Maha and Haryana.

Correct.

In your state also BJP will have to accommodate Chautalas post election. Although in Bengal, this performance of BJP will have ripple effect. East suddenly looks promising for BJP now.
Yes they will have to, plus congress stronghold is kind of hard to breach and on top of that Hooda announced quite a few handouts. And the ticket distribution is not helping them as they are preferring turncoats from other parties.

People are over reacting to these By-polls. Especially news channel claiming Modi ka jaadu khatam, Modi fails test and what not. It's a rap on the knuckles for sure, but saying Amit shah's days are gone is stretching it a bit too far. He is focused on assembly election in Maha and Haryana.

Yes they will have to, plus congress stronghold is kind of hard to breach and on top of that Hooda announced quite a few handouts. And the ticket distribution is not helping them as they are preferring turncoats from other parties.

People may be overreacting to the results , but as Modi fans this is not what we expected. Modi magic is still on. Problem is some BJP MPs didnt cash in on it onstead they chose to divide votes on religeon. They need to be curtailed. Modi should come out and speak against them. Even Amit Shah chose to keep mum on them

Cant vouch for accuracy of the figures in this. But if they are true, then "Maharani" has a lot of time to mend her ways and BJP can kick Congress out next time as well.

If we have to go by your analysis, then last LS elections you were full of why BJP is in danger of losing here and there and everywhere.

People may be overreacting to the results , but as Modi fans this is not what we expected. Modi magic is still on. Problem is some BJP MPs didnt cash in on it onstead they chose to divide votes on religeon. They need to be curtailed. Modi should come out and speak against them. Even Amit Shah chose to keep mum on them

It is by dividing vote on religion that they won last time. Now you expect them to become a congress and do minority appeasement?

If we have to go by your analysis, then last LS elections you were full of why BJP is in danger of losing here and there and everywhere.

You are free to ignore my views.. :)

BTW no one expected the whitewash BJP delivered in North-West.

It is by dividing vote on religion that they won last time. Now you expect them to become a congress and do minority appeasement?

No. They didnt win by dividing votes. BJP won because of Modi development mantra. Unfortunately BJP chose to focus on love Jihad this time. Clearly it didnt work. Minority appeasement is what only congress can do. What BJP can do is prevent minority displeasement

Modi magic is still on but that doesn't mean local MLAs or Municipal councilors going to ride on Modi's names. And on top of that after such a heavy mandate a sense of arrogance has set in the leadership, BJP shouldn't forget that they collaborated with small parties during LS elections. They must respect their state level coalition partners.

Plus people vote for a leader, BJP doesn't have many big leaders. It's like.. to successfully ride the wave you need to have a pretty good surfer or else he gonna fall flat on the wave. BJP still isn't Pan India party, it's a handicap for them and they must never forget that.

For example in the Haryana state assembly two biggest leader which they can project are the turncoats from Congress. Chaudhary Birender Singh and Rao Inderjit Singh. They enjoyed the power for 10 years under Congress flag but switched to BJP during elections. What would go through the mind of an average BJP worker who worked his *** off for all these years but got overlooked for such lotas.

Plus it took Amit Shah 1 full year to do what he did in UP, he has been at helm for couple of months only so judging his performance based on these by-polls is not right. Although I agree Modi and Amit shah must reign in the loose canon in the party.

No. They didnt win by dividing votes. BJP won because of Modi development mantra. Unfortunately BJP chose to focus on love Jihad this time. Clearly it didnt work. Minority appeasement is what only congress can do. What BJP can do is prevent minority displeasement

Exactly.. This time minority people were in no doubt whom to vote for. When BJP makes issues like "Love Jihad" its main agenda, it drives away good number of minority votes who could vote for it and further consolidates this minority votebank in the opponent's favour.

Polarization was one of the minuscule factor not a major one. Biggest reason was a decisive strong leader, plus his track record and impotent congress govt, huge scams and beautifully complimented by one of the most extensive and thorough campaign.

Modi magic is still on but that doesn't mean local MLAs or Municipal councilors going to ride on Modi's names. And on top of that after such a heavy mandate a sense of arrogance has set in the leadership, BJP shouldn't forget that they collaborated with small parties during LS elections. They must respect their state level coalition partners.

Plus people vote for a leader, BJP doesn't have many big leaders. It's like.. to successfully ride the wave you need to have a pretty good surfer or else he gonna fall flat on the wave. BJP still isn't Pan India party, it's a handicap for them and they must never forget that.

For example in the Haryana state assembly two biggest leader which they can project are the turncoats from Congress. Chaudhary Birender Singh and Rao Inderjit Singh. They enjoyed the power for 10 years under Congress flag but switched to BJP during elections. What would go through the mind of an average BJP worker who worked his *** off for all these years but got overlooked for such lotas.

Plus it took Amit Shah 1 full year to do what he did in UP, he has been at helm for couple of months only so judging his performance based on these by-polls is not right. Although I agree Modi and Amit shah must reign in the loose canon in the party.

Thats true. I hope for the coming assembly elections they change their strategy and project leaders instead of letting loose saffron clad MPs. I think for Delhi Kiran Bedi's name would work wonders.

Thats true. I hope for the coming assembly elections they change their strategy and project leaders instead of letting loose saffron clad MPs. I think for Delhi Kiran Bedi's name would work wonders.
I am not sure about Kiran Bedi now, she was asked during Delhi assembly she was hesitated back than. I guess she wasn't sure about how BJP would fare but once the LS results were out she displayed her eagerness to join if she was offered the CMship. She looked a bit greedy IMO, but I might be wrong.

I am not sure about Kiran Bedi now, she was asked during Delhi assembly she was hesitated back than. I guess she wasn't sure about how BJP would fare but once the LS results were out she displayed her eagerness to join if she was offered the CMship. She looked a bit greedy IMO, but I might be wrong.

Greedy or not, BJP should rope her in. Crime stricken Delhi would welcome a lady cop

Modi should control some of his MPs. Love Jihad is too flimsy a reason for people to vote for BJP. They should have instead highighted opposition parties misrule. Only Modi can take BJP to greater heights. Amit Shah days are done

What about BJP's own misrule? You think criticizing other's misrule will hide that? The whole world has seen them trying to bribe AAP with 4 cr offer per MLA. That's not misrule?

Greedy or not, BJP should rope her in. Crime stricken Delhi would welcome a lady cop
Yeah, but it depends if fresh elections are announced or BJP forms a govt with current strength.

What about BJP's own misrule? You think criticizing other's misrule will hide that? The whole world has seen them trying to bribe AAP with 4 cr offer per MLA. That's not misrule?
Really? You lost your touch man :p:
I am sure you can come up with better examples then that frustrated choreographed attempt of an AAP MLA to sell himself.

Polarization was one of the minuscule factor not a major one. Biggest reason was a decisive strong leader, plus his track record and impotent congress govt, huge scams and beautifully complimented by one of the most extensive and thorough campaign.

No polarization was not a miniscule factor. Minority votes got split between many secular parties and they did not vote for BJP. Hindutva is a factor whether you want to recognize or not in many cases. Also the mobilization of RSS cadre for canvassing. In the bypolls all of those factors are missing. BSP is missing from action. RSS cadres are not mobilized.

If you talk about development, that is all the center is doing as of now. From river front project for Ganga to cleaning up Ganga to bringing down inflation and bringing in FDI. Where has BJP slackened on development?

If development you claim is the only factor people vote on, then what development is Mulayam Yadav bringing to UP? How is he not a communal? So where is the logic in your argument?

You are free to ignore my views.. :)

BTW no one expected the whitewash BJP delivered in North-West.

Yes I am free to ignore your view as well as I am free to comment on your views expressed in a public fora. Just pointing out all your predictions are usually bogus.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom